Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
fish52

Bronze

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Post by fish52 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:01 pm

Mailbox101 wrote:Was yesterday the big round of final admits that usually takes place in April? Thoughts?
I hope not. But I think that our chances are very very slim at this point. An above poster called and was told that very few acceptances were going out at this point (weekly instead of daily). And I'm sure that Stanford would have the vast majority (90%+) of their acceptances out before ASW for obvious reasons. I think our best bet is to make it onto a WL and hope that they slide down the list with cross-admits to Yale or Harvard who foolishly choose those schools over Stanford. I'm hoping for a lot of fools. :|

Confused7

Silver

Post by Confused7 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:32 pm

CosmoLaw wrote:I called Stanford yesterday on another matter. When I asked whether there are still seats left,..."Yes but we're make if not daily, but weekly decisions now, we expect to finish everything by the end of April... we're almost done"...so yeah, there are spots, but I don't fathom there are many
fish52 wrote:
Mailbox101 wrote:Was yesterday the big round of final admits that usually takes place in April? Thoughts?
I hope not. But I think that our chances are very very slim at this point. An above poster called and was told that very few acceptances were going out at this point (weekly instead of daily). And I'm sure that Stanford would have the vast majority (90%+) of their acceptances out before ASW for obvious reasons. I think our best bet is to make it onto a WL and hope that they slide down the list with cross-admits to Yale or Harvard who foolishly choose those schools over Stanford. I'm hoping for a lot of fools. :|
Wait, I thought the SLS person told CosmoLaw that decisions were being made daily and NOT weekly at this point. Or maybe I have RC fail...

glitched

Silver

Post by glitched » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:34 pm

i would be so so so happy if i just could move on with my life and look at the brighter side. I mean it would be AWESOME and a dream come true to get into stanford, but i read a study showing that the happiest people are people that never had a choice to make, and if i don't get into stanford, i won't have a choice to make and i can move on to another law school of my dreams. lol

The Stig

Silver

Post by The Stig » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:46 pm

A 1L earlier in the thread said that he knew of people who were accepted on the day before ASW...It might not be a big round, but it sounds like there is the potential for at least some!

fromafar

New

Post by fromafar » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:50 pm

DLS...the day I do my first post. Bad karma for me. Good luck everyone else.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Confused7

Silver

Post by Confused7 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:02 pm

fromafar wrote:DLS...the day I do my first post. Bad karma for me. Good luck everyone else.
:( Sorry to hear that! That's just awful.......I shall expect mine any day now. Wonder how many applicants they're still indecisive about.

fromafar

New

Post by fromafar » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:09 pm

Well my address is about 1 mile from Stanford, so I guess I'll know it's rejection really soon. I'll post if it's WL, but it doesn't matter for me because I have a deadline for grant money at Cal for April 15th. Good luck to all!

glitched

Silver

Post by glitched » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:11 pm

fromafar wrote:Well my address is about 1 mile from Stanford, so I guess I'll know it's rejection really soon. I'll post if it's WL, but it doesn't matter for me because I have a deadline for grant money at Cal for April 15th. Good luck to all!

ahhhhhh you're gonna fckin LOVE BERKELEY. It's so fun there... too bad they rejected me. those bastards. lol but still - GO BEARS.

fish52

Bronze

Post by fish52 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:27 pm

Confused7 wrote:
CosmoLaw wrote:I called Stanford yesterday on another matter. When I asked whether there are still seats left,..."Yes but we're make if not daily, but weekly decisions now, we expect to finish everything by the end of April... we're almost done"...so yeah, there are spots, but I don't fathom there are many
fish52 wrote:
Wait, I thought the SLS person told CosmoLaw that decisions were being made daily and NOT weekly at this point. Or maybe I have RC fail...
You're right... after re-reading that, I don't actually know wtf it means....

RC fail on my part.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

aesis

Bronze

Post by aesis » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:53 pm

Congrats to new admits. SUPER jealous but happy for you. Talk about epic win at CLS ASW.

Confused7

Silver

Post by Confused7 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:56 pm

fish52 wrote: You're right... after re-reading that, I don't actually know wtf it means....

RC fail on my part.
Actually I don't either, LOL. Maybe CosmoLaw will see this and clarify? But I think we'll just have to wait and see at this point. :?

SLS2011

New

Post by SLS2011 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:19 pm

Congrats to all the admits. :D Remember your fallen comrades when you're in SLS.

damage-inc

Bronze

Post by damage-inc » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:10 pm

why am I still in review? this wait for a decision is killing me. Giving me toooooo much false hope

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:35 pm

YES! My teacher put in the wrong grade for me but I finally got it fixed. Got straight A's again this quarter. Will be sending a transcript in to SLS as soon as possible. Do you think I should write them an email informing them?

CosmoLaw

Bronze

Post by CosmoLaw » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:07 pm

that's just it... the response was nebulous. I came as close to a quote as I could.... so I guess we can make what we want of it

CosmoLaw

Bronze

Post by CosmoLaw » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:21 pm

oh and it was more the tone more than anything... it wasn't like yeah we've still got tons of seats left... it was more of a "yeah we're winding down, the door is not completely open but not quite shut either"... haha, that sounds a bit moronic perhaps, but that's what I got from it... all in all, I'm exactly where I was before the call in terms of my expectation of number of seats left

SLS2011

New

Post by SLS2011 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:06 pm

Knock wrote:YES! My teacher put in the wrong grade for me but I finally got it fixed. Got straight A's again this quarter. Will be sending a transcript in to SLS as soon as possible. Do you think I should write them an email informing them?
Yes. Do it. I think it helps.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

fish52

Bronze

Post by fish52 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:41 am

DLS at some point late in the afternoon, just now checked. :cry: :cry: :cry: Here's to hoping it's a WL.
UR 1/18. LSAT at 25th, GPA above 75th. I'll probably be across the Bay, so I guess I should start spelling it "Stanfurd" :wink:

Good luck to those still waiting!

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:44 am

fish52 wrote:DLS at some point late in the afternoon, just now checked. :cry: :cry: :cry: Here's to hoping it's a WL.
UR 1/18. LSAT at 25th, GPA above 75th. I'll probably be across the Bay, so I guess I should start spelling it "Stanfurd" :wink:

Sorry man. We've lost a lot of good people lately :(. I'm just hoping I stay alive long enough for my updated transcript to get to SLS.

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:45 am

Sorry fish! :(

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:45 am

fish52 wrote:DLS at some point late in the afternoon, just now checked. :cry: :cry: :cry: Here's to hoping it's a WL.

Sorry :( . Hoping it is a WL for you!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

NikaneOkie

Bronze

Post by NikaneOkie » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:49 am

Knock wrote:YES! My teacher put in the wrong grade for me but I finally got it fixed. Got straight A's again this quarter. Will be sending a transcript in to SLS as soon as possible. Do you think I should write them an email informing them?
absolutely
go ahead and mention that the transcript on its way has all As on it as well.
throw in another 1-2 sentences expression your undying love for stanford and how you're perfect for them/[us!]( yayphysciallywalkingmydepositintotheadmissionsofficeduringASW)

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:49 am

NikaneOkie wrote:
absolutely
go ahead and mention that the transcript on its way has all As on it as well.
throw in another 1-2 sentences expression your undying love for stanford and how you're perfect for them/[us!]( yayphysciallywalkingmydepositintotheadmissionsofficeduringASW)
Hahaha, grats Nikane. Can't even imagine how awesome that feels.

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:18 am

Nightmare scenario:

Dean Deal: "Congratulations! Welcome to SLS!"

Me: :D :D :D :D

DD: "Psych! April Fools! We just decided to reject you...I thought you would get a kick out of getting the news this way!"

Me: :shock: :evil: :( :cry: :cry:

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:20 am

cardinals1989 wrote:Nightmare scenario:

Dean Deal: "Congratulations! Welcome to SLS!"

Me: :D :D :D :D

DD: "Psych! April Fools! We just decided to reject you...I thought you would get a kick out of getting the news this way!"

Me: :shock: :evil: :( :cry: :cry:

We have to be awake in five hours. Go to bed!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”