Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
r6_philly

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:29 pm

Anyone think they are so quiet because they are busy doing re-review, with some decisions due to come out Friday?

BackToTheOldHouse

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:35 pm

r6_philly wrote:Anyone think they are so quiet because they are busy doing re-review, with some decisions due to come out Friday?

I wasn't thinking this before, but I'm going to now. Thanks!

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:45 pm

r6_philly wrote:Anyone think they are so quiet because they are busy doing re-review, with some decisions due to come out Friday?

This works well with the idea that WL mail started hitting mailboxes last year on the date correlating with next Monday. :(

I mean...acceptances for all! :lol:

Knock

Postby Knock » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:50 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:

This works well with the idea that WL mail started hitting mailboxes last year on the date correlating with next Monday. :(

:cry:. I'm going to be afraid to check my mail when I get back from spring break.

neonx

Postby neonx » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:50 pm

Knock wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:

:cry:. I'm going to be afraid to check my mail when I get back from spring break.

Do WLs get "DLS"'d on the status checker, too?

src42

Postby src42 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:51 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:

So, do we get DLS'd if we're waitlisted? Probably not, eh? I hate surprise mail.

Knock

Postby Knock » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:52 pm

neonx wrote:
Knock wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:

Do WLs get "DLS"'d on the status checker, too?

I'm guessing yes but have no clue. Maybe someone from last cycle can answer this. I don't really check my status checker though it's just too stressful haha.

123kl

Postby 123kl » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:55 pm

Knock wrote:I'm guessing yes but have no clue. Maybe someone from last cycle can answer this. I don't really check my status checker though it's just too stressful haha.

I don't think there was a status checker last year....

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:56 pm

123kl wrote:
Knock wrote:I'm guessing yes but have no clue. Maybe someone from last cycle can answer this. I don't really check my status checker though it's just too stressful haha.

This may be the last time... but I call for the cat!

123kl

Postby 123kl » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:57 pm

r6_philly wrote:
123kl wrote:

This may be the last time... but I call for the cat!

Is that totally wrong?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:57 pm

src42 wrote:So, do we get DLS'd if we're waitlisted? Probably not, eh? I hate surprise mail.

If I have a choice, I will take the email over checker.

src42

Postby src42 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:05 pm

r6_philly wrote:
src42 wrote:So, do we get DLS'd if we're waitlisted? Probably not, eh? I hate surprise mail.

If I have a choice, I will take the email over checker.

Since when do we get a choice in this process? :)

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:15 pm

123kl wrote:

There was no status checker last year. The just started getting waves of snail mail. WL is also snail mail, so it is very likely that the status checker will say DLS even for WL. Which will make things even more chaotic since they had various waves of WL and rejection mixed together last year.

Knock

Postby Knock » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:24 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
123kl wrote:

There was no status checker last year. The just started getting waves of snail mail. WL is also snail mail, so it is very likely that the status checker will say DLS even for WL. Which will make things even more chaotic since they had various waves of WL and rejection mixed together last year.

:shock:. Well, i'm going to avoid the status checker in that case then haha.

sheela

Postby sheela » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:55 pm

Does anyone on here know whether it might be useful (or horribly obnoxious) to inform the admissions office of an upcoming deadline with another school you have an offer at, and simply ask when you might expect an application decision? I was accepted to Yale (woohoo!) but I have my heart set on Stanford, where I have not received any news since going UR at the beginning of January...

glitched

Postby glitched » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:21 pm

sheela wrote:Does anyone on here know whether it might be useful (or horribly obnoxious) to inform the admissions office of an upcoming deadline with another school you have an offer at, and simply ask when you might expect an application decision? I was accepted to Yale (woohoo!) but I have my heart set on Stanford, where I have not received any news since going UR at the beginning of January...

i emailed stanford about a scholarship deadline. they told me i was currently under review and that their decisions will come by april 30th. i don't think they plan to make any special accommodations for people, but who knows? Yale is yale. i think their idea is that if you were really willing to go to stanford over any other school for whatever reason, you'd simply give up your $500 seat deposit that you needed to put down for the deadline.

edit: fwiw, the email they sent me was very friendly and they said they would add to my file the details of my deadline.

SLS2011

Postby SLS2011 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:25 pm

glitched wrote:
sheela wrote:Does anyone on here know whether it might be useful (or horribly obnoxious) to inform the admissions office of an upcoming deadline with another school you have an offer at, and simply ask when you might expect an application decision? I was accepted to Yale (woohoo!) but I have my heart set on Stanford, where I have not received any news since going UR at the beginning of January...

i emailed stanford about a scholarship deadline. they told me i was currently under review and that their decisions will come by april 30th. i don't think they plan to make any special accommodations for people, but who knows? Yale is yale. i think their idea is that if you were really willing to go to stanford over any other school for whatever reason, you'd simply give up your $500 seat deposit that you needed to put down for the deadline.

edit: fwiw, the email they sent me was very friendly and they said they would add to my file the details of my deadline.

Don't you have to withdraw your apps from other schools when you accept an offer and pay the deposit?

Knock

Postby Knock » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:29 pm

Not usually

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:29 pm

Knock wrote:Not usually

Unless it's stipulation for accepting scholarship with an offer of admission.

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:50 pm

I also believe Dean Deal has mentioned that if you have deadlines, you should let them know-this is important info. They might not be able to accommodate, but the will at least try to.

Knock

Postby Knock » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:53 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:

I also believe Dean Deal has mentioned that if you have deadlines, you should let them know-this is important info. They might not be able to accommodate, but the will at least try to.

Cardinals is right on the money.

aesis

Postby aesis » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:45 pm

we
we
we
so excited
(tomorrow is) friday

SLS2011

Postby SLS2011 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:50 pm

The weather is stormy in Palo Alto.

fish52

Postby fish52 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:59 pm

SLS2011 wrote:The weather is stormy in Palo Alto.

That's OK, it just means Dean Deal can stay inside and make phone calls instead of enjoying the weather. Right?

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:21 pm

Haven't seen any DLS's reported all week. Hypothesis confirmed?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”