Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Knock

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:31 am

If this is stays true to our cycle, and I think it has more or less, there should be more acceptances coming in the next couple of weeks, although not a huge number. And a big waitlist wave haha.

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:35 am

Knock wrote:Image

If this is stays true to our cycle, and I think it has more or less, there should be more acceptances coming in the next couple of weeks, although not a huge number. And a big waitlist wave haha.

The yellow scares me, but the red scares me A LOT MORE.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:36 am

cardinals1989 wrote:

I secretly hope that the red represent late applicants, and yellow are most of the held.

But I want to be in the green obviously :mrgreen:

Knock

Postby Knock » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:37 am

Well it looks like that's the last big wave of rejections, and we've already survived the first 3 so hopefully we make it through the last one.

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:40 am

Knock wrote:Well it looks like that's the last big wave of rejections, and we've already survived the first 3 so hopefully we make it through the last one.

You know I knew I wanted this a long time, but in the past few weeks it has become real for me just how much I really want it. It's not a game of just trying to get in anymore.

Side note: Those graphs still confuse me to this day.

Knock

Postby Knock » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:42 am

cardinals1989 wrote:
Knock wrote:Well it looks like that's the last big wave of rejections, and we've already survived the first 3 so hopefully we make it through the last one.

You know I knew I wanted this a long time, but in the past few weeks it has become real for me just how much I really want it. It's not a game of just trying to get in anymore.

Side note: Those graphs still confuse me to this day.

They go by weeks. I know man, it's so real now haha.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:42 am

Regardless, I am starting to really get excited about my existing choices and about starting law school. No matter the outcome, this has been a great ride, and it was awesome to have you guys sharing these late night posts. It would only feel natural if we could have a toast in Palo Alto in 3 weeks.

But yes, I/we want this real bad.

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:44 am

Knock wrote:

Yeah, but they don't match up the way the directions say they are supposed to.

r6_philly wrote:Regardless, I am starting to really get excited about my existing choices and about starting law school. No matter the outcome, this has been a great ride, and it was awesome to have you guys sharing these late night posts. It would only feel natural if we could have a toast in Palo Alto in 3 weeks.

Please please please please please...

Knock

Postby Knock » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:45 am

cardinals1989 wrote:
Knock wrote:

Yeah, but they don't match up the way the directions say they are supposed to.

r6_philly wrote:Regardless, I am starting to really get excited about my existing choices and about starting law school. No matter the outcome, this has been a great ride, and it was awesome to have you guys sharing these late night posts. It would only feel natural if we could have a toast in Palo Alto in 3 weeks.

Please please please please please...

I can't even imagine how awesome that would be. First round is on me ;).

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:48 am

Knock wrote:

I am going to go ahead and call second so I don't get stuck at the point where we are all not sober enough to notice how much we are buying. :shock:

Plus, I hear Stanford's ASW is amazing.

Knock

Postby Knock » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:50 am

cardinals1989 wrote:
Knock wrote:

I am going to go ahead and call second so I don't get stuck at the point where we are all not sober enough to notice how much we are buying. :shock:

Haha we shouldn't do this to ourselves!

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:52 am

Knock wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
Knock wrote:

What else should we do on this thread? Haha.

Knock

Postby Knock » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:53 am

cardinals1989 wrote:
Knock wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
Knock wrote:

What else should we do on this thread? Haha.

Good point. I bet the weather is amazing in Palo Alto in April.

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:55 am

Better than the week of rain going on right now there. But it's nice and warm where I am right now, so...I am OK for the moment.

But I'd like to be in Palo Alto in August. In Munger. Grazie.

Knock

Postby Knock » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:56 am

cardinals1989 wrote:Better than the week of rain going on right now there. But it's nice and warm where I am right now, so...I am OK for the moment.

But I'd like to be in Palo Alto in August. In Munger. Grazie.

Yeah it's been raining here too for the past few days.

The Stig

Postby The Stig » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:16 am

cardinals1989 wrote:

In the second week of April, I see 7-8 greens, which should be more than enough to cover the regulars on here 8) (and hopefully before ASW :D )

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:20 am

The Stig wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:

In the second week of April, I see 7-8 greens, which should be more than enough to cover the regulars on here 8) (and hopefully before ASW :D )

Stig, I have to be your classmate.

The Stig

Postby The Stig » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:42 am

cardinals1989 wrote:
The Stig wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:

Stig, I have to be your classmate.

:D

d34d9823

Postby d34d9823 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:46 am

The Stig wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:

If you count the greens for the whole graph, I get 55. Since we know they admit 200, I think we can safely say that 25+ people were admitted in the next few weeks last year.

juliachild-ish

Postby juliachild-ish » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:49 am

I had a dream last night that I was at Stanford's orientation in August and everyone was really awesome! And then I woke up and remembered that the chances of me being accepted are steadily declining...

shoop

Postby shoop » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:50 am

juliachild-ish wrote:I had a dream last night that I was at Stanford's orientation in August and everyone was really awesome! And then I woke up and remembered that the chances of me being accepted are steadily declining...

Hey, you're in at Harvard. Things could be worse.

juliachild-ish

Postby juliachild-ish » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:02 pm

shoop wrote:
juliachild-ish wrote:I had a dream last night that I was at Stanford's orientation in August and everyone was really awesome! And then I woke up and remembered that the chances of me being accepted are steadily declining...

Yes, I know I should be grateful! I actually am not going to Harvard, though--I withdrew, which I know earns me a spot on the crazy train. Barring last-minute acceptances from Stanford, Yale, or Chicago, I'm going to be attending Berkeley, UTexas, or Northwestern in the fall (the last two at basically full ride). Harvard is just not for me! But Stanford could be... :wink:

fish52

Postby fish52 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:07 pm

juliachild-ish wrote:
shoop wrote:

Yes, I know I should be grateful! I actually am not going to Harvard, though--I withdrew, which I know earns me a spot on the crazy train. Barring last-minute acceptances from Stanford, Yale, or Chicago, I'm going to be attending Berkeley, UTexas, or Northwestern in the fall (the last two at basically full ride). Harvard is just not for me! But Stanford could be... :wink:

Not so crazy, I just talked to a guy who is at Boalt and used to have my position at the think tank where I work, he turned down Harvard for Berkeley too. I know of another guy who turned down Stanford, and two who turned down $$$ at Chicago for Boalt at sticker. So either you aren't that crazy, or you have a lot of company in your insanity. I could definitely see turning down Harvard, Stanford however....

shoop

Postby shoop » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:07 pm

juliachild-ish wrote:
shoop wrote:

You told them to give your Harvard spot to me, right?

juliachild-ish

Postby juliachild-ish » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:11 pm

shoop wrote:
juliachild-ish wrote:
shoop wrote:

You told them to give your Harvard spot to me, right?

Of course! :mrgreen:

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”