Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
d34d9823
Posts: 1915
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby d34d9823 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:40 pm

chup wrote:I think this sort of discussion belongs in the UChicago thread.

This is the mentality that made Posner leave Stanford.

lakerfanimal
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:22 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby lakerfanimal » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:54 pm

ebeth wrote:Obviously I'd prefer an acceptance, but I'd be honored to be waitlisted by SLS.


+1

JeremyPaul
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:05 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby JeremyPaul » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:54 pm

anyone else heartened by this new breaking story?

http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/ ... t=Netvibes

hope this gives us that extra edge we need... :lol:

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:58 pm

JeremyPaul wrote:anyone else heartened by this new breaking story?

http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/ ... t=Netvibes

hope this gives us that extra edge we need... :lol:


I doubt there is a shortage of incredibly qualified applicants for Stanford's seats, so unfortunately that doesn't really give me any hope.

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby neonx » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:06 am

Hadn't checked DLS for a month. Phew.

User avatar
hiddenfist
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:13 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby hiddenfist » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:20 am

neonx wrote:Hadn't checked DLS for a month. Phew.


Same -- terrifying suspense for a second there.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:14 am

SLS2011 wrote:I just bought a Mega Million Lottery ticket. It's for $200 million. If I win, I will pay the entire tuition (including the cost of living) for the class of 2014.

BackToTheOldHouse, Knock, R6, and Cardinal: you will be part of the pack as well.

And yes, I will still go to SLS even after winning the jackpot. :P


A bit late because I have been traveling all day, but.... <3 <3

User avatar
bleedblue
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:39 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby bleedblue » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:38 am

Tag to keep on the first page.

Additionally, hoping for some SLS love today.

jrose5
Posts: 660
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby jrose5 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:55 pm

DLS!

It was a long time coming, anyway. Submit 1/10, UR 1/28.

Good luck to those of you still in the running!

User avatar
ebeth
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:51 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby ebeth » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:00 pm

jrose5 wrote:DLS!

It was a long time coming, anyway. Submit 1/10, UR 1/28.

Good luck to those of you still in the running!


Sorry to hear this, jrose5. I wish you the best with the rest of your cycle.

User avatar
forward
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby forward » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:07 pm

This could be helpful. Spreadsheet for folks who haven't received the dreaded DLS.

Form: https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewfor ... cFBGeGc6MQ

Responses: https://spreadsheets0.google.com/ccc?ke ... PFxg#gid=0
Last edited by forward on Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snowkat
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:12 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby snowkat » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:08 pm

Also DLS today. Submitted 1/25; UR 2/9.

tguk53
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:16 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby tguk53 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:08 pm

DLS.

User avatar
misterbingley
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:00 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby misterbingley » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:09 pm

forward, the doc seems to be private?

EDIT: it's public now!

User avatar
misterbingley
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:00 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby misterbingley » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:18 pm

forward wrote:This could be helpful. Spreadsheet for folks who haven't received the dreaded DLS.

Form: https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewfor ... cFBGeGc6MQ

Responses: https://spreadsheets0.google.com/ccc?ke ... PFxg#gid=0


awesome idea! but i have a small suggestion: is there a way to order the doc by UR date instead of timestamp?

User avatar
forward
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby forward » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:22 pm

misterbingley wrote:
forward wrote:This could be helpful. Spreadsheet for folks who haven't received the dreaded DLS.

Form: https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewfor ... cFBGeGc6MQ

Responses: https://spreadsheets0.google.com/ccc?ke ... PFxg#gid=0


awesome idea! but i have a small suggestion: is there a way to order the doc by UR date instead of timestamp?


Done for the current data, but unclear if it can automatically sort. We'll find out when more people fill it in.If auto-sort can be done, google doc experts should feel free to PM me. :)

JeremyPaul
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:05 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby JeremyPaul » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:23 pm

thanks for setting this up, misterbingley. i just added my UR date.

JeremyPaul
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:05 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby JeremyPaul » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:24 pm

oops! sorry forward! thanks go to YOU.

User avatar
misterbingley
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:00 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby misterbingley » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:31 pm

forward wrote:
misterbingley wrote:
forward wrote:This could be helpful. Spreadsheet for folks who haven't received the dreaded DLS.

Form: https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewfor ... cFBGeGc6MQ

Responses: https://spreadsheets0.google.com/ccc?ke ... PFxg#gid=0


awesome idea! but i have a small suggestion: is there a way to order the doc by UR date instead of timestamp?


Done for the current data, but unclear if it can automatically sort. We'll find out when more people fill it in.If auto-sort can be done, google doc experts should feel free to PM me. :)



based on a quick google search, this seems to be possible using a filter (rather than manually tools>sort). i havent quite figured out how to do it yet though. if i figure it out, i'll get back to you

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby neonx » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:35 pm

Good form, forward. Appreciate this.

User avatar
forward
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby forward » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:38 pm

misterbingley wrote:
based on a quick google search, this seems to be possible using a filter (rather than manually tools>sort). i havent quite figured out how to do it yet though. if i figure it out, i'll get back to you


Got it. Off to right.

User avatar
misterbingley
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:00 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby misterbingley » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:43 pm

forward wrote:This could be helpful. Spreadsheet for folks who haven't received the dreaded DLS.

Form: https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewfor ... cFBGeGc6MQ

Responses: https://spreadsheets0.google.com/ccc?ke ... PFxg#gid=0


For everyone who went UR before the new year, make sure to clarify 2010 or else it will default to 2011

samboy
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:47 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby samboy » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:00 pm

DLS sent, UR since January. GL everyone.

User avatar
aesis
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:26 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby aesis » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:02 pm

Sorry to all those DLS'd today and congrats to all the undergrads in the quarter system. No more finals!

ExpectLess
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby ExpectLess » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:08 pm

That's a nice, slightly bottom-heavy bell-shaped distribution of UR dates we've got going on in there. 8)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”