Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Non-Chalant1

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:15 pm

Munger looks ill. I hope you get in Knock...hopefully you wrote a rigorous personal statement... :wink:

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:22 pm

I don't have a laptop this week, so it is harder for me to follow the thread...

But THANKS SOOO MUCH FOR THOSE PICTURES, STIG!!

Stanford, please...

OutCold

Postby OutCold » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:04 pm

The pictures make it so much worse. But thanks Stig! Now I have something to drool over.

Knock

Postby Knock » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:06 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:I don't have a laptop this week, so it is harder for me to follow the thread...

Stanford, please...

/bloodbrothers

pride09

Postby pride09 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:56 pm

My first reaction was also 2 fridges = excessive.

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:16 pm

Knock wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:I don't have a laptop this week, so it is harder for me to follow the thread...

Stanford, please...

/bloodbrothers

:mrgreen:

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:24 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
Knock wrote:

Stanford, please...

/bloodbrothers

Can we split your scholly if we don't get in? :mrgreen:

Knock

Postby Knock » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:25 pm

r6_philly wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
Knock wrote:

Stanford, please...

/bloodbrothers

Can we split your scholly if we don't get in? :mrgreen:

I'll talk to Chi about getting you guys matching ones :mrgreen:.

Hey-O

Postby Hey-O » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:28 pm

Best bets as to when D-Day will be? Denied Day? They have to be getting close to sending out the first big wave of denieds after the next review. If the first review is finished then it means the second review is about to start.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:30 pm

I was reading Boalt's financial aid section. It seems if we were given any scholly money and intend to accept it, we must withdraw from all other schools including waitlists. And the deadline is 4/15. So looks like something will have to happen in the next few weeks or our hands will be forced.

At this point I would go if admitted.

OutCold

Postby OutCold » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:32 pm

Judging by the graph on the first page of this thread, probably the end of this month into early April.

Knock

Postby Knock » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:32 pm

r6_philly wrote:I was reading Boalt's financial aid section. It seems if we were given any scholly money and intend to accept it, we must withdraw from all other schools including waitlists. And the deadline is 4/15. So looks like something will have to happen in the next few weeks or our hands will be forced.

Yep, 4/15 is my deadline too :shock:.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:37 pm

Knock wrote:
r6_philly wrote:I was reading Boalt's financial aid section. It seems if we were given any scholly money and intend to accept it, we must withdraw from all other schools including waitlists. And the deadline is 4/15. So looks like something will have to happen in the next few weeks or our hands will be forced.

I know you probably don't want to hear it, but you should probably just take the Chicago deal. I don't really have anywhere near a full-ride so the decision is easy.

I am no more near a decision, but I am starting to decide where I am not going...

Knock

Postby Knock » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:39 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Knock wrote:

I know you probably don't want to hear it, but you should probably just take the Chicago deal. I don't really have anywhere near a full-ride so the decision is easy.

I am no more near a decision, but I am starting to decide where I am not going...

It's starting to get intense haha. I need to figure out in 1 month where i'm going to live for the next 3 years.

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:43 pm

I would just love to get into Boalt so I have CA as an option. Right now I have some acceptances but not much money. :(

Non-Chalant1

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:45 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:

I would just love to get into Boalt so I have CA as an option. Right now I have some acceptances but not much money. :(

Didn't you get CLS? They gave you no money?

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:50 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:

Yes, I am in at CLS. I didn't get an initial scholarship offer. Have they set something else out? It is kind of embarrassing, but I stopped following the CLS thread when it got crazy, and I haven't been home in more than a month, so I have no idea if something has come out.

chup

Postby chup » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:02 am

pride09 wrote:My first reaction was also 2 fridges = excessive.

You'd be surprised. Especially if you are all on your own schedule/cook for yourselves.

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:20 am

Those are actually my two fridges (well, mine and three other guys).

I thought they would be excessive as well. Three of us cook a good deal (I'm the outlier), and we use a good 80% of the fridge space, not counting our alcohol (which is mostly whisky/wine anyway, so the beer isn't hard to fit).

They aren't particularly deep fridges, and after your first potluck/birthday/midsize party you will basically be sans one fridge. We've never needed more space than the two, but we've come close. We do host a lot, so that's a part of it, but excepting the first week and the time before breaks, they've never been particularly empty.

Munger is really awesome, though I'm jealous of chup's balcony...I only know two 1L rooms who snagged them, and I want one.

dot

Postby dot » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:35 am

Strange my reply doesn't appear to have gone through.

Anyway, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I am going to have to see about finding people at asw for a housing group (gender neutral, please) who feel this way.

Ash/kretzy, are you guys shopping like once a month or something?? I could see freezer space running out quickly, but with turnover of food in the fridge I don't really see how one cannot be enough. I don't think, clearly, it's impossible to nearly fill two; I just also don't think it is necessary (rains 4br do just fine with 1; I do fine with 6 people and two small/euro fridges ala freshman dorms but in our kitchen and one small freezer). Screams over-consumption in too many ways. But maybe I just have to get used to the American ways.

Non-Chalant1

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:59 am

cardinals1989 wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:

Yes, I am in at CLS. I didn't get an initial scholarship offer. Have they set something else out? It is kind of embarrassing, but I stopped following the CLS thread when it got crazy, and I haven't been home in more than a month, so I have no idea if something has come out.

I guess I just assumed anyone in play at Stanford would get some type of dough at CLS. I mean I don't follow the thread anymore either, I just sent in all those financial aid forms they wanted us to and I was told they do give more merit aid even i they say it's need-based. I just kind of lurk the facebook group. But once again, wow...Munger is impressive.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:58 am

Non-Chalant1 wrote:I guess I just assumed anyone in play at Stanford would get some type of dough at CLS. I mean I don't follow the thread anymore either, I just sent in all those financial aid forms they wanted us to and I was told they do give more merit aid even i they say it's need-based. I just kind of lurk the facebook group. But once again, wow...Munger is impressive.

You make me feel sad about CLS ...
Last edited by r6_philly on Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

mcweanis

Postby mcweanis » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:26 am

tagggg

tikiman6

Postby tikiman6 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:21 pm

Those pictures make me angry. It's snowing here in WI.

chup

Postby chup » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:45 pm

dot wrote:

Strange my reply doesn't appear to have gone through.

Anyway, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I am going to have to see about finding people at asw for a housing group (gender neutral, please) who feel this way.

Ash/kretzy, are you guys shopping like once a month or something?? I could see freezer space running out quickly, but with turnover of food in the fridge I don't really see how one cannot be enough. I don't think, clearly, it's impossible to nearly fill two; I just also don't think it is necessary (rains 4br do just fine with 1; I do fine with 6 people and two small/euro fridges ala freshman dorms but in our kitchen and one small freezer). Screams over-consumption in too many ways. But maybe I just have to get used to the American ways.

Don't get me wrong, 1 fridge per 4 people is doable. I lived in Rains my first year, and that was single fridge. But we also had to share a lot of stuff (milk, juice) in order to have room and even then the thing was consistently packed to the gills.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”