Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:58 pm

clsslc007 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
halito wrote:Can someone post the status checker link? I seem to have deleted my email and can't find a link to it on their website.


https://aces2.lsac.org/YourStatus/membe ... i%2B0OE%3D


There is a checker for Stanford?
I never get the password from thum :shock: :shock: :shock:


When did you submit? Are you sure you didn't get the email? It's a separate email I believe.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:59 pm

Knock wrote:
Knock wrote:8 days until possible first acceptances.


7 days until possible first acceptances.


6 days until possible first acceptances. :shock:.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:12 pm

Knock wrote:
Knock wrote:
Knock wrote:8 days until possible first acceptances.


7 days until possible first acceptances.


6 days until possible first acceptances. :shock:.


Maybe it's the right day to start getting excited. Last day of classes for fall!

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:16 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Knock wrote:
Knock wrote:
Knock wrote:8 days until possible first acceptances.


7 days until possible first acceptances.


6 days until possible first acceptances. :shock:.


Maybe it's the right day to start getting excited. Last day of classes for fall!


You're done already? I still have one last week of finals, but then i'm on winter break :).

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:22 pm

Knock wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Maybe it's the right day to start getting excited. Last day of classes for fall!


You're done already? I still have one last week of finals, but then i'm on winter break :).


Well finals are one week away, but none of my 3 classes have finals. I made one presentation Thurs. and the other team presentation today. As of 5 minutes ago my fall's done except I need to hand in the final materials. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:23 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Knock wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Maybe it's the right day to start getting excited. Last day of classes for fall!


You're done already? I still have one last week of finals, but then i'm on winter break :).


Well finals are one week away, but none of my 3 classes have finals. I made one presentation Thurs. and the other team presentation today. As of 5 minutes ago my fall's done except I need to hand in the final materials. :mrgreen:


Congrats R6! I'm jealous. Oh well, finals is actually a good distraction to waiting for application decisions.

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby arism87 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:27 pm

*sigh* if only I had foreseen wanting to go to law school and put some effort into UG I could get excited, too :( Silly Stanford and their mega-high GPAs!

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:29 pm

arism87 wrote:*sigh* if only I had foreseen wanting to go to law school and put some effort into UG I could get excited, too :( Silly Stanford and their mega-high GPAs!


:cry:. If only I had foreseen wanting to go to law school when I was in high school and never taken that community college class I would be at S's median :(. Actually if I pull straight A's this semester I might get close? Maybe I should try and calculate that out.

User avatar
mrmangs
Posts: 674
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby mrmangs » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:30 pm

What are Stanford's medians?

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:33 pm

mrmangs wrote:What are Stanford's medians?


Edited
Last edited by Knock on Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:35 pm

Knock wrote:
mrmangs wrote:What are Stanford's medians?


Edited


Here is the Class of 2013 data:
Stanford 3.88 / 170................(0, 0)

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby arism87 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:36 pm

I don't know medians but:

LSAT 25/75 is 167/172
GPA is 3.77/3.97

At any other school if I was at 75th LSAT and 25th GPA I'd feel ok about it but Stanford.. sigh

User avatar
obrienfa
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby obrienfa » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:46 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Knock wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Maybe it's the right day to start getting excited. Last day of classes for fall!


You're done already? I still have one last week of finals, but then i'm on winter break :).


Well finals are one week away, but none of my 3 classes have finals. I made one presentation Thurs. and the other team presentation today. As of 5 minutes ago my fall's done except I need to hand in the final materials. :mrgreen:


Jealous. I still have a week and a half to go.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:52 pm

Knock wrote:
arism87 wrote:*sigh* if only I had foreseen wanting to go to law school and put some effort into UG I could get excited, too :( Silly Stanford and their mega-high GPAs!


:cry:. If only I had foreseen wanting to go to law school when I was in high school and never taken that community college class I would be at S's median :(. Actually if I pull straight A's this semester I might get close? Maybe I should try and calculate that out.


Do it on a spread sheet. I did this before I event went back to UG. I wanted to make sure I can make the median at T10 schools. I had no margin of error (needed an A in every required class to make 3.9) end up doing a few classes over. Should know your goals, that way every final seems like it counts for everything. I work better under pressure though.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:54 pm

obrienfa wrote:Jealous. I still have a week and a half to go.


You will be more jealous when you hear that we do a pot luck BYO dinner for the final presentation. I presented last and I was well spirited when I presented. (and my presentation was also very spirited as a result :D )

Technically my Thur. class meets for a final time on Thur. but I am only there to eat/drink because I am already done. I guess I will update my transcripts too if I haven't heard back from all the schools by the time they are posted.

User avatar
lkk
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:42 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby lkk » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:48 am

Knock wrote:
clsslc007 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
halito wrote:Can someone post the status checker link? I seem to have deleted my email and can't find a link to it on their website.


https://aces2.lsac.org/YourStatus/membe ... i%2B0OE%3D


There is a checker for Stanford?
I never get the password from thum :shock: :shock: :shock:


When did you submit? Are you sure you didn't get the email? It's a separate email I believe.


omg i submitted 11/21 and it is still not complete, i only get the email saying "We write to acknowledge receipt of your application to Stanford Law School. We will contact you again to inform you of missing requirements and/or to notify you when your file becomes complete."
sigh.. :(

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:21 pm

Knock wrote:
Knock wrote:
Knock wrote:8 days until possible first acceptances.


7 days until possible first acceptances.


6 days until possible first acceptances. :shock:.


5 days until possible first acceptances. :shock: :shock: .

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Dany » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:23 pm

Knock wrote:
Knock wrote:
Knock wrote:
Knock wrote:8 days until possible first acceptances.


7 days until possible first acceptances.


6 days until possible first acceptances. :shock:.


5 days until possible first acceptances. :shock: :shock: .

I now see how your post count is so high. :wink:

User avatar
obrienfa
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby obrienfa » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:15 pm

r6_philly wrote:
obrienfa wrote:Jealous. I still have a week and a half to go.


You will be more jealous when you hear that we do a pot luck BYO dinner for the final presentation. I presented last and I was well spirited when I presented. (and my presentation was also very spirited as a result :D )

Technically my Thur. class meets for a final time on Thur. but I am only there to eat/drink because I am already done. I guess I will update my transcripts too if I haven't heard back from all the schools by the time they are posted.


I have one class that is like your Thursday class, but I will be slaving in the library instead of going for my judicial process class. I am so ready to be done.

TrustMeI'mAnActress
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:43 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby TrustMeI'mAnActress » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:22 pm

Does anyone know if "application submitted for review" is the same as "under review" at other schools?

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:23 pm

TrustMeI'mAnActress wrote:Does anyone know if "application submitted for review" is the same as "under review" at other schools?


Yes it is, or at least, there is no "under review" past "submitted for review". I'll add this to the FAQ.

TrustMeI'mAnActress
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:43 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby TrustMeI'mAnActress » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:40 pm

Knock wrote:
TrustMeI'mAnActress wrote:Does anyone know if "application submitted for review" is the same as "under review" at other schools?


Yes it is, or at least, there is no "under review" past "submitted for review". I'll add this to the FAQ.


Thanks! Where are the FAQs?

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:46 pm

TrustMeI'mAnActress wrote:
Knock wrote:
TrustMeI'mAnActress wrote:Does anyone know if "application submitted for review" is the same as "under review" at other schools?


Yes it is, or at least, there is no "under review" past "submitted for review". I'll add this to the FAQ.


Thanks! Where are the FAQs?


Just in the original post :).

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:19 pm

Knock wrote:
Knock wrote:
Knock wrote:
Knock wrote:8 days until possible first acceptances.


7 days until possible first acceptances.


6 days until possible first acceptances. :shock:.


5 days until possible first acceptances. :shock: :shock: .


4 days until possible first acceptances :shock: :shock: :shock:.

123kl
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby 123kl » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:21 pm

Knock wrote:4 days until possible first acceptances :shock: :shock: :shock:.


sooo scared.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AJ1010, BodieBroadus, Exabot [Bot], staypuff and 15 guests