Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
eaa1537
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:21 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby eaa1537 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:57 pm

sorry to hear about the dings :(
I haven't been following this thread that closely so I apologize, but if our UR date is before those who have a DLS status that means we are not auto-admits, but not auto-rejects either... so probably going to have to wait until April to get a decision, right? lol

User avatar
src42
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:26 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby src42 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:58 pm

eaa1537 wrote:sorry to hear about the dings :(
I haven't been following this thread that closely so I apologize, but if our UR date is before those who have a DLS status that means we are not auto-admits, but not auto-rejects either... so probably going to have to wait until April to get a decision, right? lol

That's the theory, but it hasn't been empirically proven. :)

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:36 pm

Time for phone calls yet? It's not snowing yet in Palo Alto . . .

User avatar
gatorgirl4life
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby gatorgirl4life » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:40 pm

sorry about the rejections. :(
...has anyone had a DLS with a UR date of or after 1/25 yet?

User avatar
lzyovrachievr
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:24 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby lzyovrachievr » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:44 pm

gatorgirl4life wrote:sorry about the rejections. :(
...has anyone had a DLS with a UR date of or after 1/25 yet?

No. They are still in December.

User avatar
gatorgirl4life
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby gatorgirl4life » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:46 pm

lzyovrachievr wrote:
gatorgirl4life wrote:sorry about the rejections. :(
...has anyone had a DLS with a UR date of or after 1/25 yet?

No. They are still in December.


OK thanks!

User avatar
jtemp320
Posts: 481
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby jtemp320 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:00 pm

Decision letter sent - SLS really was my first choice...I need a drink.

UR 11/24

174 (retake)/3.86 - good luck to those still waiting.

jrose5
Posts: 660
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby jrose5 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:02 pm

jtemp320 wrote:Decision letter sent - SLS really was my first choice...I need a drink.

UR 11/24

174 (retake)/3.86 - good luck to those still waiting.


Wow... I'm sorry to hear about that... on the bright side, you got some amazing acceptances and you'll probably end up loving wherever you go... cheer up!

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby neonx » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:02 pm

jtemp320 wrote:Decision letter sent - SLS really was my first choice...I need a drink.

UR 11/24

174 (retake)/3.86 - good luck to those still waiting.


Sorry =(

--
And: Whoa... the chronology is going backward now. All bets are off!

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:04 pm

neonx wrote:
jtemp320 wrote:Decision letter sent - SLS really was my first choice...I need a drink.

UR 11/24

174 (retake)/3.86 - good luck to those still waiting.


Sorry =(

--
And: Whoa... the chronology is going backward now. All bets are off!


He might not have checked until now. plus it's close enough.

User avatar
gatorgirl4life
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby gatorgirl4life » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:06 pm

jtemp320 wrote:Decision letter sent - SLS really was my first choice...I need a drink.

UR 11/24

174 (retake)/3.86 - good luck to those still waiting.


aw sorry! :(
also :shock: , that scares me.

User avatar
jtemp320
Posts: 481
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby jtemp320 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:08 pm

Knock wrote:
neonx wrote:
jtemp320 wrote:Decision letter sent - SLS really was my first choice...I need a drink.

UR 11/24

174 (retake)/3.86 - good luck to those still waiting.


Sorry =(

--
And: Whoa... the chronology is going backward now. All bets are off!


He might not have checked until now. plus it's close enough.


I can't speak to whether its close enough or not but I will say this...I checked that status checker every.damn.day.

Thanks all for your condolences, its true I have great choices and can't complain - dissapointing nonetheless. I visited SLS twice and its an amazing place - good luck everyone

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:10 pm

neonx wrote:
jtemp320 wrote:Decision letter sent - SLS really was my first choice...I need a drink.

UR 11/24

174 (retake)/3.86 - good luck to those still waiting.


Sorry =(

--
And: Whoa... the chronology is going backward now. All bets are off!


My little bubble of hope is wavering...just don't pop...

User avatar
glitched
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:50 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby glitched » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:11 pm

i respect the honesty... most people say they didn't even want it in the first place or something like that.



edit: did you send a LOCI?

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:12 pm

glitched wrote:i respect the honesty... most people say they didn't even want it in the first place or something like that.


Unfortunately I can't use that strategy. Anyone who has read this thread knows better. :oops:

Which will make it especially embarrassing when I get WL'ed/rejected.

User avatar
jtemp320
Posts: 481
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby jtemp320 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:34 pm

glitched wrote:i respect the honesty... most people say they didn't even want it in the first place or something like that.



edit: did you send a LOCI?


I didn't send a LOCI and I regret it - but I'm pretty sure thats not what made the difference

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:35 pm

jtemp320 wrote:
glitched wrote:i respect the honesty... most people say they didn't even want it in the first place or something like that.



edit: did you send a LOCI?


I didn't send a LOCI and I regret it - but I'm pretty sure thats not what made the difference


Sorry man, my earlier post was from my phone :cry:. Best of luck to you on the rest of your cycle.

eaa1537
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:21 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby eaa1537 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:39 pm

jtemp320 wrote:Decision letter sent - SLS really was my first choice...I need a drink.

UR 11/24

174 (retake)/3.86 - good luck to those still waiting.

Nooooo, sorry twin :(

User avatar
jtemp320
Posts: 481
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby jtemp320 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:41 pm

You are all very kind and if we end up at the same school (though I hope you all get calls from Dean Deal) then a round of drinks is on me.

User avatar
CosmoLaw
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby CosmoLaw » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:56 pm

aw43duke wrote:
BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
aw43duke wrote:Oh nevermind you're right. It has been sent. Nothing yet tho.

When did you go UR?


Submit: 12/11
UR: 12/28

173/3.76


you're DLS???????????? Dec. 28th already?

User avatar
CosmoLaw
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby CosmoLaw » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:56 pm

jtemp320 wrote:You are all very kind and if we end up at the same school (though I hope you all get calls from Dean Deal) then a round of drinks is on me.



I am sorry to hear about your DLS

User avatar
Weirdlog
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Weirdlog » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:00 pm

jtemp320 wrote:
Knock wrote:
neonx wrote:
jtemp320 wrote:Decision letter sent - SLS really was my first choice...I need a drink.

UR 11/24

174 (retake)/3.86 - good luck to those still waiting.


Sorry =(

--
And: Whoa... the chronology is going backward now. All bets are off!


He might not have checked until now. plus it's close enough.


I can't speak to whether its close enough or not but I will say this...I checked that status checker every.damn.day.

Thanks all for your condolences, its true I have great choices and can't complain - dissapointing nonetheless. I visited SLS twice and its an amazing place - good luck everyone


REALLY sorry to hear about this one. Good luck with the rest of the cycle!

User avatar
moxiepostulate
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby moxiepostulate » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:04 pm

Sorry about the DLS. *hugs* ! The good thing is now all that dreamy hopefully energy can be directed to the school you're going to go to, and you'll clearly kick butt!

I'm getting to the point where I sort of want to know in/out just so I can commit to really falling in love with a school and gearing up to move there! But as long as I have a hogs chance in hell at getting into S I just can't give my heart away... Oh Stanford, you're already like a bad ex-girlfriend and you haven't even rejected me yet :-P

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:27 pm

moxiepostulate wrote:Sorry about the DLS. *hugs* ! The good thing is now all that dreamy hopefully energy can be directed to the school you're going to go to, and you'll clearly kick butt!

I'm getting to the point where I sort of want to know in/out just so I can commit to really falling in love with a school and gearing up to move there! But as long as I have a hogs chance in hell at getting into S I just can't give my heart away... Oh Stanford, you're already like a bad ex-girlfriend and you haven't even rejected me yet :-P


This quote is credited in its entirety.

User avatar
OutCold
Posts: 419
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:57 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby OutCold » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:31 pm

This does not bode well for me at all.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Lmorina126, mm2368 and 10 guests