Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Blindc1rca

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Blindc1rca » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:27 am

i am going to explode. my UG office has lied to me SIX TIMES about having sent out my Form B. It's now 12/2 and my app is still incomplete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The worst thing about it is that I am abroad and so I am unable to berate them in person. AGH!!!!!!

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:34 am

Blindc1rca wrote:i am going to explode. my UG office has lied to me SIX TIMES about having sent out my Form B. It's now 12/2 and my app is still incomplete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The worst thing about it is that I am abroad and so I am unable to berate them in person. AGH!!!!!!

Sorry to hear! That must be frustrating. That's why I went in person and put them on notice... They should be glad that an alum may be going to Stanford...

duckmoney

Postby duckmoney » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:41 am

I called the admissions office back in September and asked about LORs. They said that unless the writer has a tie to Stanford, which they value a lot, they won't look at it much differently from a regular LOR.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:43 am

duckmoney wrote:I called the admissions office back in September and asked about LORs. They said that unless the writer has a tie to Stanford, which they value a lot, they won't look at it much differently from a regular LOR.

That implies a small plus. I will take any pluses I can get when it comes to Stanford.

123kl

Postby 123kl » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:43 am

r6_philly wrote:
duckmoney wrote:I called the admissions office back in September and asked about LORs. They said that unless the writer has a tie to Stanford, which they value a lot, they won't look at it much differently from a regular LOR.

That implies a small plus. I will take any pluses I can get when it comes to Stanford.

+1 :D

duckmoney

Postby duckmoney » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:45 am

I might have been too generous. They said it probably wasn't worth the professor's time to mail a new letter and I should just use the LSAC one if the content was otherwise identical.

Triple_Entendre

Postby Triple_Entendre » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:49 am

Blindc1rca wrote:i am going to explode. my UG office has lied to me SIX TIMES about having sent out my Form B. It's now 12/2 and my app is still incomplete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The worst thing about it is that I am abroad and so I am unable to berate them in person. AGH!!!!!!

Send them an email saying that you requested that your UG send the Form B a couple of weeks ago, yet your status checker still indicates that your file is missing Form B. Then ask if you should have your UG forward a new Form B to them. I did this after having my Form B missing for two weeks and they responded in the same day saying they have my Form B and my app is now in review. All in the same day. They are really good about responding to emails. So just shoot the admissions office a quick email.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:51 am

duckmoney wrote:I might have been too generous. They said it probably wasn't worth the professor's time to mail a new letter and I should just use the LSAC one if the content was otherwise identical.

So that's not an affirmative. It took them a lot of extra time to 1) make up the form and 2) get LSAC to agree to process it.

If writing an extra letter is not worth the professor's time, you probably should find one that like you a little more. Not being sarcastic, but seriously if your professor really thinks you deserve/should go to one of the best schools in the country, he/she will find the 15 minutes well spent.

Knock

Postby Knock » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:43 pm

8 days until possible first acceptances.

d34d9823

Postby d34d9823 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:50 pm

Knock wrote:8 days until possible first acceptances.

If I submit tomorrow will she accept me in 7 days?

Blindc1rca

Postby Blindc1rca » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:08 pm

Triple_Entendre wrote:

Send them an email saying that you requested that your UG send the Form B a couple of weeks ago, yet your status checker still indicates that your file is missing Form B. Then ask if you should have your UG forward a new Form B to them. I did this after having my Form B missing for two weeks and they responded in the same day saying they have my Form B and my app is now in review. All in the same day. They are really good about responding to emails. So just shoot the admissions office a quick email.

Im doing all I can. This is ridiculous. Assuming by some miracle my app goes complete before December 10th (even though I've had a status checker since 11/16), I wonder how much irreparable damage has been done to my chances...

halito

Postby halito » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:22 am

Can someone post the status checker link? I seem to have deleted my email and can't find a link to it on their website.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:25 am

halito wrote:Can someone post the status checker link? I seem to have deleted my email and can't find a link to it on their website.

https://aces2.lsac.org/YourStatus/membe ... i%2B0OE%3D

HopefulFish

Postby HopefulFish » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:54 pm

Any rejections yet? I've been under review since early October and still haven't been rejected. I'm below both medians.

jd2014!

Postby jd2014! » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:01 pm

HopefulFish wrote:Any rejections yet? I've been under review since early October and still haven't been rejected. I'm below both medians.

Rejections won't come out until after acceptances. There have not yet been any acceptances, but the first wave is possible late next week (given previous cycles). No one has received any decision of any kind yet.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:01 pm

HopefulFish wrote:Any rejections yet? I've been under review since early October and still haven't been rejected. I'm below both medians.

There hasn't been anything yet.

calilaw

Postby calilaw » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:12 pm

r6_philly wrote:
maddox86 wrote:Hey guys,

How much of a difference does sending Stanford-specific LORs vs. the general LORs make?

Can I just send from C from Stanford to the same professors and have them send it to LSAC or would I have pick other professors and resend the LSAC LOR form too?

Thanks,

EDIT: Can I instead use the LSAC evaluator form? would it be given equal weight?

The FAQ on Stanford's site says they want you to use their forms and they value Stanford specific LORs.

Is there any consensus on just how important targeted LORs are for Stanford, assuming your general LORs are strong? I wasn't planning on applying until I found out my LSAT score put me at their median (when I got my score back a month ago), and it was a bit late to request targeted letters (assuming they would even be willing to do targeted letters). I'm guessing targeted LORs matter when students with otherwise similar apps differ on this point (like softs..), but maybe it matters more than that. That could mean the number of applicants who submit targeted LORs matters, right..?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:21 pm

I suspect that anyone who is amazing enough to get into Stanford would have amazing LORs. And I suspect it would be easy for these people to get targeted LORs. So not necessarily that targeted ones are better, it is just a reflection of their great candidacy. I know my professor feel that I would be a great fit for Stanford, and that Stanford would give me a wonderful education (it's ranked #1 in my field, and the only top school with a law school), so he had no problem writing separate letters/forms for me.

Blindc1rca

Postby Blindc1rca » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:06 pm

Blindc1rca wrote:
Triple_Entendre wrote:

Finally went complete today. Good God. I sent a seriously critical e-mail to the director of the SA department at my UG reflecting upon the incompetence and untruthfulness of their aids. I really hope my app isn't hurt by this.

Triple_Entendre

Postby Triple_Entendre » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:19 pm

Blindc1rca wrote:
Blindc1rca wrote:
Triple_Entendre wrote:

Finally went complete today. Good God. I sent a seriously critical e-mail to the director of the SA department at my UG reflecting upon the incompetence and untruthfulness of their aids. I really hope my app isn't hurt by this.

I doubt if it will. You'll be fine at least you're complete now. :) Best of luck to you.

SullaFelix

Postby SullaFelix » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:03 pm

Blindc1rca wrote:
Blindc1rca wrote:
Triple_Entendre wrote:

aids or aides? there's a big difference.

Knock

Postby Knock » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:27 pm

Knock wrote:8 days until possible first acceptances.

7 days until possible first acceptances.

shanemahsa

Postby shanemahsa » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:27 am

SullaFelix wrote:
Blindc1rca wrote:Finally went complete today. Good God. I sent a seriously critical e-mail to the director of the SA department at my UG reflecting upon the incompetence and untruthfulness of their aids. I really hope my app isn't hurt by this.

Aids, albeit slightly less appropriate, is still correct.

Blindc1rca

Postby Blindc1rca » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:35 am

shanemahsa wrote:
SullaFelix wrote:
Blindc1rca wrote:Finally went complete today. Good God. I sent a seriously critical e-mail to the director of the SA department at my UG reflecting upon the incompetence and untruthfulness of their aids. I really hope my app isn't hurt by this.

Aids, albeit slightly less appropriate, is still correct.

thank you. note i didnt say AIDS...

clsslc007

Postby clsslc007 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:35 pm

r6_philly wrote:
halito wrote:Can someone post the status checker link? I seem to have deleted my email and can't find a link to it on their website.

https://aces2.lsac.org/YourStatus/membe ... i%2B0OE%3D

There is a checker for Stanford?
I never get the password from thum :shock: :shock: :shock:

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”