Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:14 pm

askyemcdonald wrote:uhh since when are we mid-January?

I'm 1/19...


I think he was joking.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:15 pm

Knock wrote:Here's the blog post from Dean Deal:

Dean Deal wrote:I'm Giddy...

and I must confess it’s not solely due to reading your applications. Let me explain why.

On my iPhone I have three locations set up on the weather icon - Palo Alto, the small town of Waimea on the Big Island of Hawaii and Eagle Rock, a neighborhood in northeastern Los Angeles. These three locations carry significance to me beyond the simple “I wonder what the weather is like today” sort of thing. These are three places that I’ve called home over the course of my lifetime – born and raised in that small town in Hawaii, college in Eagle Rock and now the roots run deep in Palo Alto. While I check out Palo Alto’s weather for the usual reasons – bring the umbrella, leave the heels in the closet, take the raincoat, etc., the reasons for checking out the other two locations are more elusive. When it’s cold and rainy here or I miss the Hawaii connections, I wistfully look at the Waimea weather – usually warm with light showers – and memories flood back and I smile. When it’s hot here or when I reflect on younger days, I look at Eagle Rock – where it’s usually even hotter with no breeze – and memories flood back and I smile. This morning, when I took my stroll through the three locations, what to my amazement do I see? Snow predicted in Palo Alto on Saturday…really! I can’t believe it. If it does indeed snow, I am taking a break from reading files and calling it a snow day – well, at least the Palo Alto version of a snow day. Maybe enough snow will fall for me to make snow angels. I’m giddy just thinking about it. (Go find a copy of the picture book The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats and remember what it’s like to look at the world with awe.)

Okay, I’ve gotten that out of my system. I’m going back to reading applications. As an update, we’re still making our way through file reviews. The class is not full. Decisions are going out fairly regularly although not daily. I’m making some calls later this morning and hopefully will be making some tomorrow as well. I can see the glimmer – it’s not a true light yet – at the end of the tunnel.


QF new page

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:15 pm

Glad to hear something coming from Palo Alto. She also said CALLS ARE COMING THIS MORNING. I wish I actually had any reason to believe I could be a part of that set.

User avatar
glitched
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:50 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby glitched » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:15 pm

lol i was kidding. the dings are around 12/3.

the acceptances have come from URs as late as 1/25.

I don't know how their hold system works - I don't know if they keep going back to you or if there is going to be just a huge review of the holds. we will just have to wait and see.



edit: just wanted to get your blood rushing... feels good doesn't it?
Last edited by glitched on Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jd20132013
Posts: 997
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby jd20132013 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:16 pm

cold? Rain? snow?


wat

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:16 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:Glad to hear something coming from Palo Alto. She also said CALLS ARE COMING THIS MORNING. I wish I actually had any reason to believe I could be a part of that set.


Still 45 minutes left in "this morning" :mrgreen:.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:16 pm

jd20132013 wrote:cold? Rain? snow?


wat


Probably an iphone glitch :P. She should get a droid.

User avatar
askyemcdonald
Posts: 531
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby askyemcdonald » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:17 pm

Wow...that was bad for my heart. Although at this point I really just want to know.

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:17 pm

glitched wrote:lol i was kidding. the dings are around 12/3.

the acceptances have come from URs as late as 1/25.

I don't know how their hold system works - I don't know if they keep going back to you or if there is going to be just a huge review of the holds. we will just have to wait and see.


DAMN YOU FOR GETTING MY HOPES UP!!!

oh wellz, i can go back to not really caring about my day. :roll:

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:18 pm

Knock wrote:
jd20132013 wrote:cold? Rain? snow?


wat


Probably an iphone glitch :P. She should get a droid Droid X.


FTFY 8)

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:19 pm

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
Knock wrote:
jd20132013 wrote:cold? Rain? snow?


wat


Probably an iphone glitch :P. She should get a droid Droid X.


FTFY 8)


Credited.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:20 pm

Knock wrote:
jd20132013 wrote:cold? Rain? snow?


wat


Probably an iphone glitch :P. She should get a droid.


Droid. Bleh.

User avatar
glitched
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:50 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby glitched » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:21 pm

Knock wrote:
jd20132013 wrote:cold? Rain? snow?


wat


Probably an iphone glitch :P. She should get a droid.


--ImageRemoved--

jrose5
Posts: 660
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby jrose5 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:11 pm

Stanford is turning me into a bad friend. Whenever I see a missed call on my phone, I get a rush of excitement... until I see the caller ID and it's someone I know... yeah, I'm a terrible person!!

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:13 pm

jrose5 wrote:Stanford is turning me into a bad friend. Whenever I see a missed call on my phone, I get a rush of excitement... until I see the caller ID and it's someone I know... yeah, I'm a terrible person!!


Haha. I understand this feeling :P.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:18 pm

jrose5 wrote:Stanford is turning me into a bad friend. Whenever I see a missed call on my phone, I get a rush of excitement... until I see the caller ID and it's someone I know... yeah, I'm a terrible person!!


Story. of. my. life.

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:42 pm

Really? Crickets? Nothing here or on LSN. That blog post made me think we'd see some action today . . .

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:43 pm

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:Really? Crickets? Nothing here or on LSN. That blog post made me think we'd see some action today . . .


She probably only made a few calls, so it's not that surprising that none of them use LSN or TLS.

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby bdubs » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:46 pm

Knock wrote:
BackToTheOldHouse wrote:Really? Crickets? Nothing here or on LSN. That blog post made me think we'd see some action today . . .


She probably only made a few calls, so it's not that surprising that none of them use LSN or TLS.


Or they are so incredulous or excited they haven't posted/updated yet.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:49 pm

bdubs wrote:
Knock wrote:
BackToTheOldHouse wrote:Really? Crickets? Nothing here or on LSN. That blog post made me think we'd see some action today . . .


She probably only made a few calls, so it's not that surprising that none of them use LSN or TLS.


Or they are so incredulous or excited they haven't posted/updated yet.


Haha. If I got in you guys would know before my family. Probably before I even finished talking to Dean Deal :P.

ExpectLess
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby ExpectLess » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:51 pm

Knock wrote:
BackToTheOldHouse wrote:Really? Crickets? Nothing here or on LSN. That blog post made me think we'd see some action today . . .


She probably only made a few calls, so it's not that surprising that none of them use LSN or TLS.


Law school acceptances are to TLS/LSN as relationships are to facebook.

If they're not on there, they didn't happen :wink:

User avatar
helloperson
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:26 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby helloperson » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:18 pm

Oh GOD DAMN IT.

Dear Mr. ____,

We have received your Form B from ____. However, the school only attached an enrollment verification to the form which only answers part of question one regarding your enrollment. Please have the school re-submit the completed form with both questions answered as soon as possible.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Stanford Law School


This is after my school already fucked up and didn't send the form after they filled it out. As if my odds of admission weren't already damn close to 0... Maybe they'll take pity on me?

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:20 pm

helloperson wrote:Oh GOD DAMN IT.

Dear Mr. ____,

We have received your Form B from ____. However, the school only attached an enrollment verification to the form which only answers part of question one regarding your enrollment. Please have the school re-submit the completed form with both questions answered as soon as possible.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Stanford Law School


This is after my school already fucked up and didn't send the form after they filled it out. As if my odds of admission weren't already damn close to 0... Maybe they'll take pity on me?


I'm pretty sure all this is handled by office administrative staff, and files don't go to the admissions committee until they're complete, so I wouldn't worry about it, I doubt it would affect your chances at all.

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby bdubs » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:37 pm

dkt4 wrote:Delayed thank you again to everyone who responded, was very helpful for me to hear some educated perspectives/advice. Got accepted to Stanford today, so I guess there's a good shot I end up there.


From another thread...

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=146765

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby rundoxierun » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:42 pm

Good thing I didnt have time to get on TLS earlier today. Stanford.. call me!! Please?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bloomsday, carlos_danger, Google Adsense [Bot], hyoung74, jdanz, kadams, lawschoolbound2017, michelekfla, Mr. Bubbles, nume2016, PDX4343, premalone and 51 guests