Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
glitched

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby glitched » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:50 pm

Tuesday morning.

edit: Actually I sent it in Monday night. whoops. same thing though really.
Last edited by glitched on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

somewhere

Postby somewhere » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:01 pm

glitched wrote:Tuesday morning.

I don't know what I have to do to get their attention. I've sent three emails, and so far I've received just one response, saying, in effect: No, we haven't received it, please re-send.

glitched

Postby glitched » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:06 pm

did you use the same email you applied with? and did you include your LSAC number in the email? are you also making sure you actually attached a file or the right file?

somewhere

Postby somewhere » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:06 pm

glitched wrote:did you use the same email you applied with? and did you include your LSAC number in the email? are you also making sure you actually attached a file or the right file?

Yes, yes, and yes.

Sent it once. Week passed w/ no response.
Sent email (w/ no attachment this time-- a mistake, in hindsight) asking for confirmation of receipt. Got a response saying we didn't get it, please re-send to this address.
Resent to that address.
Days pass, no response.
Sent another email (this time w/attachment...3rd one) asking very politely for confirmation of receipt. That was yesterday morning, still no response.

Knock

Postby Knock » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:07 pm

somewhere wrote:
glitched wrote:did you use the same email you applied with? and did you include your LSAC number in the email? are you also making sure you actually attached a file or the right file?

Yes, yes, and yes.

Sent email (w/ no attachment this time-- a mistake, in hindsight) asking for confirmation of receipt. Got a response saying we didn't get it, please re-send to this address.
Resent to that address.
Days pass, no response.
Sent another email (this time w/attachment...3rd one) asking very politely for confirmation of receipt. That was yesterday morning, still no response.

I think SLS is trying to tell you something.

somewhere

Postby somewhere » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:03 am

Knock wrote:
somewhere wrote:

Yes, yes, and yes.

Resent to that address.
Days pass, no response.

I think SLS is trying to tell you something.

:(

misterbingley

Postby misterbingley » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:04 am

so its not terrible news that there was no activity today, right? dean deal could have arrived on the night of the 23rd and thus not have had time to do anything? hopefully

Knock

Postby Knock » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:06 am

misterbingley wrote:so its not terrible news that there was no activity today, right? dean deal could have arrived on the night of the 23rd and thus not have had time to do anything? hopefully

There may have been activity just not on TLS. But yeah, it's not terrible news. Maybe they will make some calls on Friday?

neonx

Postby neonx » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:07 am

Once the Dean passes up our UR date, there's little chance she'll call anytime soon, right?

Knock

Postby Knock » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:08 am

neonx wrote:Once the Dean passes up our UR date, there's little chance she'll call anytime soon, right?

Not necessarily. Acceptances don't seem to have a strongly predictable pattern at all.

rundoxierun

Postby rundoxierun » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:14 am

I refuse to believe that Stanford hasnt accepted >230 people by now... spots have to be getting scarce.

glitched

Postby glitched » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:18 am

according to the chart, there will be an acceptance wave as big as the first one in the second week of april. lol being optimistic here.

chup

Postby chup » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:18 am

misterbingley wrote:so its not terrible news that there was no activity today, right? dean deal could have arrived on the night of the 23rd and thus not have had time to do anything? hopefully

Her office door was closed today both times I walked by, so I don't think she was in.

/creepy.

timmna

Postby timmna » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:53 pm

New blog post, if anyone's interested (and I know you are).

CosmoLaw

Postby CosmoLaw » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:37 pm

timmna wrote:New blog post, if anyone's interested (and I know you are).

There's still spots, but there's only a glimmer at the end of the tunnel... not yet a light

neonx

Postby neonx » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm

CosmoLaw wrote:

There's still spots, but there's only a glimmer at the end of the tunnel... not yet a light

What does that mean? I am awful with idioms and metaphors.

CosmoLaw

Postby CosmoLaw » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:42 pm

neonx wrote:
CosmoLaw wrote:

What does that mean? I am awful with idioms and metaphors.

Haha no it's what Dean Deal wrote in her new blog post. Not my words.

glitched

Postby glitched » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:52 pm

the end. she's just saying that the end is near. lol which is true considering it all ends in april. so it's not really any new information.

bedefan

Postby bedefan » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:55 pm

somewhere wrote:

Yes, yes, and yes.

Resent to that address.
Days pass, no response.

When this happened to me (more than a week went by without a confirmation on my LOCI), I phoned. The lady looked through the inbox and couldn't find my email--said it probably went to spam. She said to send it immediately, which I did. Then she sent me an email within three minutes confirming receipt.

If your emails are getting put into their spam folder, continuing to email will not help...

Wait another couple days (so you don't seem crazy) then just call them.

This is generally a good rule when dealing with any bureaucracy, no matter how small or elite: follow up written communications with phone calls to make sure action is really being taken. Emails are easy to send--and also easy to ignore, easy to forget, easy to lose.

BackToTheOldHouse

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:01 pm

glitched wrote:the end. she's just saying that the end is near. lol which is true considering it all ends in april. so it's not really any new information.

I'm beginning to get nervous. I am UR 1/14. Where are we with the chronological order at this point? Last UR acceptance date? Last ding?

glitched

Postby glitched » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:03 pm

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
glitched wrote:the end. she's just saying that the end is near. lol which is true considering it all ends in april. so it's not really any new information.

I'm beginning to get nervous. I am UR 1/14. Where are we with the chronological order at this point? Last UR acceptance date? Last ding?

last UR acceptance: 1/13
last UR ding: 1/13

bloodrush.

BackToTheOldHouse

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:05 pm

glitched wrote:
BackToTheOldHouse wrote:

last UR acceptance: 1/13
last UR ding: 1/13

bloodrush.

You've got to be kidding me!!! I must have lost track . . . She calls from a 415 number, no? Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit.

Knock

Postby Knock » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:06 pm

Here's the blog post from Dean Deal:

Dean Deal wrote:I'm Giddy...

and I must confess it’s not solely due to reading your applications. Let me explain why.

On my iPhone I have three locations set up on the weather icon - Palo Alto, the small town of Waimea on the Big Island of Hawaii and Eagle Rock, a neighborhood in northeastern Los Angeles. These three locations carry significance to me beyond the simple “I wonder what the weather is like today” sort of thing. These are three places that I’ve called home over the course of my lifetime – born and raised in that small town in Hawaii, college in Eagle Rock and now the roots run deep in Palo Alto. While I check out Palo Alto’s weather for the usual reasons – bring the umbrella, leave the heels in the closet, take the raincoat, etc., the reasons for checking out the other two locations are more elusive. When it’s cold and rainy here or I miss the Hawaii connections, I wistfully look at the Waimea weather – usually warm with light showers – and memories flood back and I smile. When it’s hot here or when I reflect on younger days, I look at Eagle Rock – where it’s usually even hotter with no breeze – and memories flood back and I smile. This morning, when I took my stroll through the three locations, what to my amazement do I see? Snow predicted in Palo Alto on Saturday…really! I can’t believe it. If it does indeed snow, I am taking a break from reading files and calling it a snow day – well, at least the Palo Alto version of a snow day. Maybe enough snow will fall for me to make snow angels. I’m giddy just thinking about it. (Go find a copy of the picture book The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats and remember what it’s like to look at the world with awe.)

Okay, I’ve gotten that out of my system. I’m going back to reading applications. As an update, we’re still making our way through file reviews. The class is not full. Decisions are going out fairly regularly although not daily. I’m making some calls later this morning and hopefully will be making some tomorrow as well. I can see the glimmer – it’s not a true light yet – at the end of the tunnel.

askyemcdonald

Postby askyemcdonald » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:12 pm

uhh since when are we mid-January?

I'm 1/19...

BackToTheOldHouse

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:14 pm

askyemcdonald wrote:uhh since when are we mid-January?

I'm 1/19...

I'm not sure. Glitched, are you just screwing with us? You better not be . . . :evil:

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”