Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:49 pm

A choice between HLS and SLS would be the most glorious problem ever. JR and Dean Deal, don't you want to make my life complicated???

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby rundoxierun » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:58 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:A choice between HLS and SLS would be the most glorious problem ever. JR and Dean Deal, don't you want to make my life complicated???


Ehh not so much for me.. I have a gf who is from from the east coast (went to boarding school in New Hampshire, 90% of her friends go to school/live on the east coast) planning to move with me and she has given me slight signs that choosing SLS may be considered selfishness on my part. Plus, her dad keeps telling her how much trouble she will have on the west coast finding a job w/ her music degree and he really wants me to go to Harvard.

sarahh
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby sarahh » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:59 pm

Having a HLS acceptance makes the wait easier. But it would be so nice to get into a school that is 45 minutes away and not have to deal with a cross-country move.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:00 pm

tkgrrett wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:A choice between HLS and SLS would be the most glorious problem ever. JR and Dean Deal, don't you want to make my life complicated???


Ehh not so much for me.. I have a gf who is from from the east coast (went to boarding school in New Hampshire, 90% of her friends go to school/live on the east coast) planning to move with me and she has given me slight signs that choosing SLS may be considered selfishness on my part. Plus, her dad keeps telling her how much trouble she will have on the west coast finding a job w/ her music degree and he really wants me to go to Harvard.


I find it very hard to feel for you on that problem. :mrgreen:

J/k...sort of...

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Has anyone read Dean Deal's last entry on the admissions blog? Apparently she had a personal problem that stopped her from completing the school tour. My condolences for whatever happened, as it sounds pretty serious.

Also-speculation as to whether this might delay the first offers? I guess I should probably take some of her advice on admissions obsessions to heart, though.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:43 pm

tkgrrett wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:A choice between HLS and SLS would be the most glorious problem ever. JR and Dean Deal, don't you want to make my life complicated???


Ehh not so much for me.. I have a gf who is from from the east coast (went to boarding school in New Hampshire, 90% of her friends go to school/live on the east coast) planning to move with me and she has given me slight signs that choosing SLS may be considered selfishness on my part. Plus, her dad keeps telling her how much trouble she will have on the west coast finding a job w/ her music degree and he really wants me to go to Harvard.


Try not to wear a Harvard shirt to the Stanford ASW.

steeler363
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:54 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby steeler363 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:30 pm

Does anyone know if the Admissions folks will leave voicemails if/when they call? My cell phone died but I could still check voicemail, and I'm debating whether or not to replace it...

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:42 pm

steeler363 wrote:Does anyone know if the Admissions folks will leave voicemails if/when they call? My cell phone died but I could still check voicemail, and I'm debating whether or not to replace it...


They leave voice mails. I know Kretzky missed the call from Dean Deal.

eaa1537
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:21 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby eaa1537 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:10 pm

just submitted my app!! hope it's not too late... good luck to everyone :)

User avatar
mrmangs
Posts: 674
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby mrmangs » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:12 pm

Knock wrote:
steeler363 wrote:Does anyone know if the Admissions folks will leave voicemails if/when they call? My cell phone died but I could still check voicemail, and I'm debating whether or not to replace it...


They leave voice mails. I know Kretzky missed the call from Dean Deal.


They have started making calls?

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:13 pm

mrmangs wrote:
Knock wrote:
steeler363 wrote:Does anyone know if the Admissions folks will leave voicemails if/when they call? My cell phone died but I could still check voicemail, and I'm debating whether or not to replace it...


They leave voice mails. I know Kretzky missed the call from Dean Deal.


They have started making calls?


No, he is from last cycle. Calls might start coming out in the next two weeks though.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:17 pm

Knock wrote:
Knock wrote:
Knock wrote:
Knock wrote:If this year is like last year, and first acceptances and sent out on the 2nd Friday of December, that would be December 10th this year. So my very very rough countdown:

17 days until possible first acceptances.


14 days until possible first acceptances.


13 days until possible first acceptances.


11 days until possible first acceptances.


10 days until possible first acceptances.

User avatar
moxiepostulate
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby moxiepostulate » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:15 pm

Ahhhhh! Just got my status checker and it says I have been "submitted for review."

It's an understandable longshot with my gpa, but so incredibly my first choice. Even a status checker from S makes my endocrine system squirt like an excited puppy. My cheeks are pink, heh.

Submitted 11/18 --> submitted for review 11/30

User avatar
theadw
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:05 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby theadw » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:14 pm

Knock wrote:
steeler363 wrote:Does anyone know if the Admissions folks will leave voicemails if/when they call? My cell phone died but I could still check voicemail, and I'm debating whether or not to replace it...


They leave voice mails. I know Kretzky missed the call from Dean Deal.


I missed the call, and had an email instead of a voicemail.

So that nobody freaks out, this was all last cycle.

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:20 pm

moxiepostulate wrote:Ahhhhh! Just got my status checker and it says I have been "submitted for review."

It's an understandable longshot with my gpa, but so incredibly my first choice. Even a status checker from S makes my endocrine system squirt like an excited puppy. My cheeks are pink, heh.

Submitted 11/18 --> submitted for review 11/30


you have a 3.8
you're fine

MY gpa on the other hand... sigh

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Confused7 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:56 am

Mine was just submitted for review...any chance I'll hear back in the first batch in about 2 weeks? I mean, do they also send out rejections/waitlists that early?

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:59 am

Confused7 wrote:Mine was just submitted for review...any chance I'll hear back in the first batch in about 2 weeks? I mean, do they also send out rejections/waitlists that early?


Who knows, and see the OP for SLS decision date graphs.

User avatar
BioEBear2010
Posts: 745
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:05 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby BioEBear2010 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:41 am

Fatherly advice (from a relatively young 1L): Don't go crazy waiting for decisions to roll out. Enjoy your last few months before law school. Not only will your QOL improve, but it will make actually getting acceptances that much more surprising/awesome.

Back to outlining.

User avatar
moxiepostulate
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby moxiepostulate » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:14 am

BioEBear2010 wrote:Fatherly advice (from a relatively young 1L): Don't go crazy waiting for decisions to roll out. Enjoy your last few months before law school. Not only will your QOL improve, but it will make actually getting acceptances that much more surprising/awesome.

Back to outlining.



Definitely good advice, and maybe one day I'll wake up and be that cool. In the meantime, I just try not to check OSC's while I'm at work, and only check my personal email sparingly (once or twice). All this and I actually work in a law office with stimulating stuff to keep busy. If I was still working retail and didn't have on-shift access to the interwebs I might have killed myself in the face.

Again, maybe one day I'll wake up and be reasonable... But probably not this week.

Sending you some good mojo for your outlines :)

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:37 pm

Knock wrote:
Knock wrote:
Knock wrote:
Knock wrote:
14 days until possible first acceptances.


13 days until possible first acceptances.


11 days until possible first acceptances.


10 days until possible first acceptances.


9 days until possible first acceptances.

stheskier
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby stheskier » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:05 pm

I was all ready to apply until I got my LSAT score, then I wasn't.
Last night I had this crazy dream. No really. So, now I've applied.
Good luck all. :D

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:12 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:Fatherly advice (from a relatively young 1L): Don't go crazy waiting for decisions to roll out. Enjoy your last few months before law school. Not only will your QOL improve, but it will make actually getting acceptances that much more surprising/awesome.

Back to outlining.


Thanks BioEBear. I don't think that's possible for me, but it's worth striving for :). Good luck on outlining/finals!

maddox86
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:33 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby maddox86 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:25 pm

Hey guys,

How much of a difference does sending Stanford-specific LORs vs. the general LORs make?

Can I just send from C from Stanford to the same professors and have them send it to LSAC or would I have pick other professors and resend the LSAC LOR form too?

Thanks,

EDIT: Can I instead use the LSAC evaluator form? would it be given equal weight?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:07 pm

maddox86 wrote:Hey guys,

How much of a difference does sending Stanford-specific LORs vs. the general LORs make?

Can I just send from C from Stanford to the same professors and have them send it to LSAC or would I have pick other professors and resend the LSAC LOR form too?

Thanks,

EDIT: Can I instead use the LSAC evaluator form? would it be given equal weight?


The FAQ on Stanford's site says they want you to use their forms and they value Stanford specific LORs.

maddox86
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:33 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby maddox86 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:47 pm

Alright, thanks.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: brinicolec, curry1, Long shot hero, ReadyToStart and 23 guests