Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
gatorgirl4life
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby gatorgirl4life » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:14 pm

Knock wrote:
gatorgirl4life wrote:i sent Stanford my updated transcript via e-mail about half an hr ago. does anyone know how long it usually takes Stanford to confirm that they received anything? ...do they? thanks!


Took 2 business days for me (not including the day I sent it in).


OK thanks for the quick replies (just saw yours, philly)! :D
Last edited by gatorgirl4life on Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:14 pm

gatorgirl4life wrote:
Knock wrote:
gatorgirl4life wrote:i sent Stanford my updated transcript via e-mail about half an hr ago. does anyone know how long it usually takes Stanford to confirm that they received anything? ...do they? thanks!


Took 2 business days for me (not including the day I sent it in).


OK thanks for the quick reply! :D


No problem. If you have anymore questions, you know where to find me :lol:.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:15 pm

Knock wrote:No problem. If you have anymore questions, you know where to find me :lol:.


You lost this race too, BTW.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:16 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Knock wrote:No problem. If you have anymore questions, you know where to find me :lol:.


You lost this race too, BTW.


True, but in the Stanford thread, we are all winners!

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:17 pm

I just got a job solicitation in Mountain View, is it a sign???????

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:18 pm

r6_philly wrote:I just got a job solicitation in Mountain View, is it a sign???????


DEFINITELY!

User avatar
bleedblue
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:39 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby bleedblue » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:34 pm

l000needles wrote:
bleedblue wrote:Knock, r6, and Cardinals (and of course myself). I had a dream of the Deal Signal gloriously lighting up the sky next Wed-Fri for all of us.

(Oh by the way, I have ESP)


I don't know.... Coming from a "bleedBLUE" ... :)


To clarify. That is a Michigan blue, not a Berkeley blue.

User avatar
SLS2011
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:54 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby SLS2011 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:38 pm

It's quiet today! hmmm :?

mildlyironic
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:35 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby mildlyironic » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:59 pm

Hey! Just started reviewing this thread, though I went under review around 11/4, and I have a question:

I've been trying to figure out what a DLS is, and have been reviewing the past 10 pages of the thread - it's big, it's red, it's plastered on your status checker. Does it say something in particular? I have some big and red and scary font that says I'm under review, but that doesn't not exactly a rejection sound or maybe Californians define rejection differently?

Thanks! =D

123kl
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby 123kl » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:00 pm

mildlyironic wrote:Hey! Just started reviewing this thread, though I went under review around 11/4, and I have a question:

I've been trying to figure out what a DLS is, and have been reviewing the past 10 pages of the thread - it's big, it's red, it's plastered on your status checker. Does it say something in particular? I have some big and red and scary font that says I'm under review, but that doesn't not exactly a rejection sound or maybe Californians define rejection differently?

Thanks! =D


decision letter sent. if you didn't get a call first, it's a rejection

mildlyironic
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:35 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby mildlyironic » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:05 pm

123kl wrote:
mildlyironic wrote:Hey! Just started reviewing this thread, though I went under review around 11/4, and I have a question:

I've been trying to figure out what a DLS is, and have been reviewing the past 10 pages of the thread - it's big, it's red, it's plastered on your status checker. Does it say something in particular? I have some big and red and scary font that says I'm under review, but that doesn't not exactly a rejection sound or maybe Californians define rejection differently?

Thanks! =D


decision letter sent. if you didn't get a call first, it's a rejection


OHHHHHH, thanks. I kept trying to figure out what that meant. "Deleted Law-School Status"? "Don't Love (s)You"?

Guess I'm in the April waiting pool then. Thanks for the clarification!

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:07 pm

SLS2011 wrote:It's quiet today! hmmm :?


Welcome to the Stanford thread lol.

User avatar
SLS2011
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:54 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby SLS2011 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:17 pm

Knock wrote:
SLS2011 wrote:It's quiet today! hmmm :?


Welcome to the Stanford thread lol.


Do you guys ever think that Dean Deal or someone else may be reading your file at that moment? I do every 30 seconds during the day and get a chill. If this goes on much longer I may have to go to a psychiatric hospital instead of law school. lol

User avatar
Weirdlog
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Weirdlog » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:24 pm

SLS2011 wrote:
Knock wrote:
SLS2011 wrote:It's quiet today! hmmm :?


Welcome to the Stanford thread lol.


Do you guys ever think that Dean Deal or someone else may be reading your file at that moment? I do every 30 seconds during the day and get a chill. If this goes on much longer I may have to go to a psychiatric hospital instead of law school. lol


It's been a slow, painful descent into madness for me. I will either end up a very patient man or completely psychotic by the time this process ends.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:25 pm

SLS2011 wrote:
Knock wrote:
SLS2011 wrote:It's quiet today! hmmm :?


Welcome to the Stanford thread lol.


Do you guys ever think that Dean Deal or someone else may be reading your file at that moment? I do every 30 seconds during the day and get a chill. If this goes on much longer I may have to go to a psychiatric hospital instead of law school. lol


Personally, I don't think our LOCIs have been read yet. They are doing initial review it looks like.

User avatar
WhatSarahSaid
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:01 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby WhatSarahSaid » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:54 pm

Updated to DLS today, so I'm out. I had been UR as of 11/29.

Not at all surprised, but still a bummer to get knocked out of both California schools I applied to on the same day.

User avatar
CosmoLaw
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby CosmoLaw » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:43 pm

WhatSarahSaid wrote:Updated to DLS today, so I'm out. I had been UR as of 11/29.

Not at all surprised, but still a bummer to get knocked out of both California schools I applied to on the same day.


How are you rejected with a 174 and a 3.8? Wow, I'm sorry to hear it though.

User avatar
moxiepostulate
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby moxiepostulate » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:48 pm

Sorry sarahsaid, thats definitely a big bummer day. Blech. Have a drink! And GL with the rest of your cycle!


I'm definitely at the cringe point for the next few days: UR 11/30. Checking my status today made my stomach drop. Safe for another 18 hours or so... Not ready to give up the dream yet :/ Fingers still adamantly crossed!

User avatar
WhatSarahSaid
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:01 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby WhatSarahSaid » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:53 pm

moxiepostulate wrote:
I'm definitely at the cringe point for the next few days: UR 11/30. Checking my status today made my stomach drop. Safe for another 18 hours or so... Not ready to give up the dream yet :/ Fingers still adamantly crossed!


Look at it this way -- all you have to do is get past one or two more days, and you're golden.

This has been a rough stretch of the cycle for me. In the past 30 days, 4 holds/2 WLs/2 rejections/0 acceptances. At the start of my cycle, I was hoping for either some money from one of CCN or a good amount of money from one of BMVP, but that's looking less and less likely every day (especially since I'm not even in at a single one of BMVP).

User avatar
src42
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:26 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby src42 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:04 pm

WhatSarahSaid wrote:This has been a rough stretch of the cycle for me. In the past 30 days, 4 holds/2 WLs/2 rejections/0 acceptances. At the start of my cycle, I was hoping for either some money from one of CCN or a good amount of money from one of BMVP, but that's looking less and less likely every day (especially since I'm not even in at a single one of BMVP).

I feel ya. You have a couple great options though, so don't let yourself get too upset. It is definitely hard to look on the bright side when you get a rejection though.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:43 pm

Knock wrote:
SLS2011 wrote:It's quiet today! hmmm :?


Welcome to the Stanford thread lol.


Dean Deal wants to teach us patience before we get in, right??

ivantheterbl
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:04 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby ivantheterbl » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:48 pm

Wait if we sent out updated transcripts to LSAC will Stanford not get them unless I send them to Stanford specifically?

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:49 pm

ivantheterbl wrote:Wait if we sent out updated transcripts to LSAC will Stanford not get them unless I send them to Stanford specifically?


No, if you sent it to LSAC they will get it.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:00 pm

Knock wrote:
r6_philly wrote:I just got a job solicitation in Mountain View, is it a sign???????


DEFINITELY!


Just got a call about a different job in San Ramon. Maybe it's a sign CA is happening??? Please???

User avatar
src42
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:26 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby src42 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:04 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Knock wrote:
r6_philly wrote:I just got a job solicitation in Mountain View, is it a sign???????


DEFINITELY!


Just got a call about a different job in San Ramon. Maybe it's a sign CA is happening??? Please???

Maybe it's a sign that you're really good at what you do and law is a bad career move. :wink:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”