Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:50 am

Knock wrote:
neonx wrote:What's the lastest DLS date posted? Early December yet?


I think late November.


I believe they are in the 11/20 range, right? I thought I may have seen an 11/29, but I might be mistaken.

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby birdlaw117 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:52 am

I don't know if an 11/29 has happened, but I'm 11/24 and got it today (pretty sure I checked yesterday, it's all a blur though)

jd20132013
Posts: 997
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby jd20132013 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:21 am

it's snowing again in Georgia...

I don't know if I could handle that up north.

perhaps the gods are trying to tell me something :?

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:24 am

jd20132013 wrote:it's snowing again in Georgia...

I don't know if I could handle that up north.

perhaps the gods are trying to tell me something :?


I'd be lying if I said that thought hasn't crossed my mind several times today. (I am also in the South.)

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby birdlaw117 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:38 am

cardinals1989 wrote:
jd20132013 wrote:it's snowing again in Georgia...

I don't know if I could handle that up north.

perhaps the gods are trying to tell me something :?


I'd be lying if I said that thought hasn't crossed my mind several times today. (I am also in the South.)

I walked home from campus earlier and it was -8... WTF!?!? This isn't Canada...

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:38 am

birdlaw117 wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
jd20132013 wrote:it's snowing again in Georgia...

I don't know if I could handle that up north.

perhaps the gods are trying to tell me something :?


I'd be lying if I said that thought hasn't crossed my mind several times today. (I am also in the South.)

I walked home from campus earlier and it was -8... WTF!?!? This isn't Canada...


:shock:. Where do you go to school?

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby birdlaw117 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:40 am

Knock wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
jd20132013 wrote:it's snowing again in Georgia...

I don't know if I could handle that up north.

perhaps the gods are trying to tell me something :?


I'd be lying if I said that thought hasn't crossed my mind several times today. (I am also in the South.)

I walked home from campus earlier and it was -8... WTF!?!? This isn't Canada...


:shock:. Where do you go to school?

I'm in Iowa and this shit is ridiculous.

User avatar
glitched
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:50 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby glitched » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:43 am

birdlaw117 wrote:I'm in Iowa and this shit is ridiculous.


One hand in the air if you don't really care. Middle finger in the air if you don't really care. It's like that sometimes, man, ridiculous. Life can be sometimes ridiculous

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Kretzy » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:43 am

One day last week, it was 96 degrees warmer in Palo Alto (74) than at my home in Colorado (-22, wind chill -43). On a callback the other day, I left the 68-degree Bay Area and landed at -1 with 6 inches of snow.

This place does make a compelling argument to stay out here....

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:44 am

Kretzy wrote:One day last week, it was 96 degrees warmer in Palo Alto (74) than at my home in Colorado (-22, wind chill -43). On a callback the other day, I left the 68-degree Bay Area and landed at -1 with 6 inches of snow.

This place does make a compelling argument to stay out here....


:shock:. Please let me in SLS :lol:.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:25 am

Knock wrote:
Kretzy wrote:One day last week, it was 96 degrees warmer in Palo Alto (74) than at my home in Colorado (-22, wind chill -43). On a callback the other day, I left the 68-degree Bay Area and landed at -1 with 6 inches of snow.

This place does make a compelling argument to stay out here....


:shock:. Please let me in SLS :lol:.


+1

User avatar
hiddenfist
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:13 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby hiddenfist » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:15 am

I haven't been doing a very good job following this thread -- I really want to go to Stanford but it just depresses me in a way the CLS thread did not.

If my review date is mid-November, what does this mean?

Unofficial hold?
Limbo?
Purgatory?

duckmoney
Posts: 886
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby duckmoney » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:16 am

hiddenfist wrote:Purgatory

c_dubya_s
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby c_dubya_s » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:31 am

hiddenfist wrote:I haven't been doing a very good job following this thread -- I really want to go to Stanford but it just depresses me in a way the CLS thread did not.

If my review date is mid-November, what does this mean?

Unofficial hold?
Limbo?
Purgatory?


All of the above? I think the DLS wave might be coming soon, or it might have passed you by. Not sure which.

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Confused7 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:31 am

No 11/29 yet. Latest is 11/24 or 11/25? I'm 11/29 and I was wondering if my LOR would make it in time. Ooh the suspense. :(

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:41 pm

Any news today?

LegallyBrunette3
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:14 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby LegallyBrunette3 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:47 pm

r6_philly wrote:Any news today?


All quiet on the Western front (literally...)

LegallyBrunette3
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:14 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby LegallyBrunette3 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:19 pm

DLS :(

Submitted for Review 11/30

syezzie
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:41 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby syezzie » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:20 pm

DLS as well. Also 11/30 UR. Good luck to everyone remaining!

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby rundoxierun » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:22 pm

So I e-mailed Stanford admissions yesterday to ask about adding something to my file(part of my new technique of just annoying them until they give up and let me in). As part of their response they included, "Please have this submitted as soon as possible." Sign that movement is coming soon?? probably not...

coveyellow
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:40 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby coveyellow » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:28 pm

Sorry to the 11/30 DLSs :( My date is 12/3 so I will be checking my status checker compulsively today/tomorrow.

User avatar
timmna
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:15 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby timmna » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:28 pm

I'm sorry, guys...

l000needles
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:57 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby l000needles » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:28 pm

I'm 12/3. The tension rises...

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:34 pm

timmna wrote:I'm sorry, guys...


+1

Good luck with the rest of cycle!

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:35 pm

tkgrrett wrote:So I e-mailed Stanford admissions yesterday to ask about adding something to my file(part of my new technique of just annoying them until they give up and let me in). As part of their response they included, "Please have this submitted as soon as possible." Sign that movement is coming soon?? probably not...


I bet they are working feverishly through the piles... I think there is more movement here than the other schools.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”