Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
r6_philly

Diamond

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:14 pm

cardinals1989 wrote: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sorry. I think I will have nothing exciting coming in Feb. Financial aid offers I am waiting on will surely come in March.

BackToTheOldHouse

Silver

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:32 pm

r6_philly wrote:

Sorry. I think I will have nothing exciting coming in Feb. Financial aid offers I am waiting on will surely come in March.

Even Berkeley's?

r6_philly

Diamond

Postby r6_philly » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:35 pm

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

Even Berkeley's?

Berkeley's are reputed to be even later - around ASW time. I went through last year's thread, I think most matching requests didn't come out until the week after ASW.

BackToTheOldHouse

Silver

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:38 pm

r6_philly wrote:
BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

Even Berkeley's?

Berkeley's are reputed to be even later - around ASW time. I went through last year's thread, I think most matching requests didn't come out until the week after ASW.

Yea, I should be receiving need-based from Berkeley (so long as their need-based is as formulaic as it sounds and not secretly subjective), but I know I'm gonna have to wait til April. See you at the ASW.

Edit: sorry (but not really) for stepping on Stanford toes by talking about their rival (my alum)

r6_philly

Diamond

Postby r6_philly » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:41 pm

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
Yea, I should be receiving need-based from Berkeley (so long as their need-based is as formulaic as it sounds and not secretly subjective), but I know I'm gonna have to wait til April. See you at the ASW.

Edit: sorry (but not really) for stepping on Stanford toes by talking about their rival (my alum)

Hopefully see you at SLS ASW...

BackToTheOldHouse

Silver

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:43 pm

r6_philly wrote:
BackToTheOldHouse wrote:

Hopefully see you at SLS ASW...

8)

singwhatisaid

New

Postby singwhatisaid » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:44 pm

HowdyYall wrote:
gracias, my LSAT is a bit higher than I listed on my LSN prof and id consider my softs to be pretty good; heavy involvement in an international organization and founder of an large org serving a disadvantaged group. I actually have no clue why there was such a fast turnaround, I was definitely prepared for a ding

Those softs do sound great! -- out of curiosity (sorry if this is common practice), why would you put a lower LSAT on LSN than you really have? I would imagine it's something to be proud of and in any case, the only reason is to add to general statistics, since everything is pretty anonymous.

Knock

Platinum

Postby Knock » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:51 pm

Just hanging out here, with my phone, not doing anything. I'd love to chat, feel free to give me a call.

birdlaw117

Gold

Postby birdlaw117 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:51 pm

So... my status checker is now blank... this certainly can't be a good sign, right?

I'm guessing this means they are stuffing my rejection-filled envelope as we speak... :(

bdubs

Gold

Postby bdubs » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:53 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:So... my status checker is now blank... this certainly can't be a good sign, right?

I'm guessing this means they are stuffing my rejection-filled envelope as we speak... :(

Check the upper left corner.

Also, what was your UR date?

cardinals1989

Silver

Postby cardinals1989 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:54 pm

Knock wrote:Just hanging out here, with my phone, not doing anything. I'd love to chat, feel free to give me a call.

+1. This includes 3 am.

birdlaw117

Gold

Postby birdlaw117 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:55 pm

bdubs wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:So... my status checker is now blank... this certainly can't be a good sign, right?

Oh snap, that's embarrassing... :oops:

11/24... hopefully yours is before that...

timmna

Silver

Postby timmna » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:07 pm

12.17 is creeping closer and closer...

bdubs

Gold

Postby bdubs » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:35 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
bdubs wrote:

Sorry to hear that. Fortunately my UR date is 10/29, so I'm hoping that I am safe for a while.

birdlaw117

Gold

Postby birdlaw117 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:42 pm

bdubs wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
bdubs wrote:

Sorry to hear that. Fortunately my UR date is 10/29, so I'm hoping that I am safe for a while.

Sounds like it. Have you written an LOCI? And don't worry about me, I didn't think I had much of a chance, plus it would be tough for me to pass on NYU for Tax Law... (This is me trying to convince myself I didn't want Stanford... It's not working)

Knock

Platinum

Postby Knock » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:44 pm

Sorry for new DLS, Congrats to new acceptances, and stay strong to my friends who are patiently waiting.

bdubs

Gold

Postby bdubs » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:45 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
bdubs wrote:Sorry to hear that. Fortunately my UR date is 10/29, so I'm hoping that I am safe for a while.

Sounds like it. Have you written an LOCI? And don't worry about me, I didn't think I had much of a chance, plus it would be tough for me to pass on NYU for Tax Law... (This is me trying to convince myself I didn't want Stanford... It's not working)

No LOCI, I have the kind of app where Deal/ad comm will either like me for "diversity" in the more holistic sense or they will not. LOCIs seem like a good idea for people who are likely to have the option to go to Harvard or Yale though.

Knock

Platinum

Postby Knock » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:49 pm

bdubs wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
bdubs wrote:Sorry to hear that. Fortunately my UR date is 10/29, so I'm hoping that I am safe for a while.

No LOCI, I have the kind of app where Deal/ad comm will either like me for "diversity" in the more holistic sense or they will not. LOCIs seem like a good idea for people who are likely to have the option to go to Harvard or Yale though.

I disagree with this as general advice, but on a specific level if you don't have anything worthwhile to put in a LOCI no sense in sending one.

bdubs

Gold

Postby bdubs » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:52 pm

Knock wrote:I disagree with this as general advice, but on a specific level if you don't have anything worthwhile to put in a LOCI no sense in sending one.

I put forth my true interest for attending Stanford in my PS and it is very closely tied to my experience and the "theme" of my application. I could reiterate, but I have not gained any new knowledge about Stanford since submitting that would really add to my application.

I am definitely ready to write a LOCI in the event I end up on the waitlist though, but that is when I feel it is most appropriate for me.

Knock

Platinum

Postby Knock » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:53 pm

bdubs wrote:
Knock wrote:I disagree with this as general advice, but on a specific level if you don't have anything worthwhile to put in a LOCI no sense in sending one.

I put forth my true interest for attending Stanford in my PS and it is very closely tied to my experience and the "theme" of my application. I could reiterate, but I have not gained any new knowledge about Stanford since submitting that would really add to my application.

I am definitely ready to write a LOCI in the event I end up on the waitlist though, but that is when I feel it is most appropriate for me.

Fair enough, it sounds like you are making the right call.

Vuvuzela!!!

New

Postby Vuvuzela!!! » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:54 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
bdubs wrote:

I'm 11/24 and have nothing yet. Am I safe?

Knock

Platinum

Postby Knock » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:54 pm

Vuvuzela!!! wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
bdubs wrote:

I'm 11/24 and have nothing yet. Am I safe?

Hmm, I wouldn't say your safe yet, not at least until we start seeing some December DLS.

rundoxierun

Gold

Postby rundoxierun » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:56 pm

Im supposed to start a job next week and by the end of this month all my scholarship offers should be out. Pretty soon this thread will be constantly open on my company laptop 8-5 cst daily.

l000needles

New

Postby l000needles » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:05 pm

tkgrrett wrote:Im supposed to start a job next week and by the end of this month all my scholarship offers should be out. Pretty soon this thread will be constantly open on my company laptop 8-5 cst daily.

PST and that's me right now. I just refresh this page in between breaks from work and check the online status tracker every few hours.

hipstermafia

Silver

Postby hipstermafia » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:35 pm

don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but if not:

http://abovethelaw.com/2011/02/tuition- ... derpriced/

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?