Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:51 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:Post lunch calls?? :D Can't give good news on an empty stomach!!


Why don't you call and find out?

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:53 pm

r6_philly wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:Post lunch calls?? :D Can't give good news on an empty stomach!!


Why don't you call and find out?


Don't worry guys, i'll call Dean Deal on my direct line.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:53 pm

r6_philly wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:Post lunch calls?? :D Can't give good news on an empty stomach!!


Why don't you call and find out?


If only. I wish I could just be like, which of those three piles am I in?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:53 pm

Knock wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:Post lunch calls?? :D Can't give good news on an empty stomach!!


Why don't you call and find out?


Don't worry guys, i'll call Dean Deal on my direct line.


That's more like it...

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:54 pm

Knock wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:Post lunch calls?? :D Can't give good news on an empty stomach!!


Why don't you call and find out?


Don't worry guys, i'll call Dean Deal on my direct line.


Is there a Deal-phone I didn't know about?

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:57 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
Knock wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:Post lunch calls?? :D Can't give good news on an empty stomach!!


Why don't you call and find out?


Don't worry guys, i'll call Dean Deal on my direct line.


Is there a Deal-phone I didn't know about?


Yeah, incase Dean Deal has any emergency news I need to know about.

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Confused7 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:30 pm

Just faxed another LOR to LSAC. Does anyone know how long before it shows up in SLS status checker after it's on LSAC?

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:41 pm

Confused7 wrote:Just faxed another LOR to LSAC. Does anyone know how long before it shows up in SLS status checker after it's on LSAC?


Mine was up there pretty quickly, but I can't say exactly how long it took.

ETA: I sent my additional letter a few weeks ago though, the admissions office was probably a lot less busy than it currently is.

User avatar
SLS2011
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:54 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby SLS2011 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:56 pm

It's kinda quiet today. Any calls? any DLSs?

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby rundoxierun » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:57 pm

SLS2011 wrote:Its kinda quiet today. Any calls? any DLSs?


SLS has obviously decided to cut their class in half and never admit anyone again. :shock:

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:57 pm

SLS2011 wrote:Its kinda quiet today. Any calls? any DLSs?


A SLS student told me most of their action takes place on Fridays. I can't confirm that, but it would be interesting to see when most of the acceptances occurred. Definitely there have been a bunch that have happened during the week though.

User avatar
SLS2011
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:54 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby SLS2011 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:58 pm

tkgrrett wrote:
SLS2011 wrote:Its kinda quiet today. Any calls? any DLSs?


SLS has obviously decided to cut their class in half and never admit anyone again. :shock:


Bite your tongue. :evil: :wink:

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:07 pm

Knock wrote:
SLS2011 wrote:Its kinda quiet today. Any calls? any DLSs?


A SLS student told me most of their action takes place on Fridays. I can't confirm that, but it would be interesting to see when most of the acceptances occurred. Definitely there have been a bunch that have happened during the week though.


I think every single one of my decisions has been the last working day of the week, save for Duke which was Sat. I don't know why I am anxious on a Tues. then.

User avatar
SLS2011
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:54 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby SLS2011 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:27 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Knock wrote:
SLS2011 wrote:Its kinda quiet today. Any calls? any DLSs?


A SLS student told me most of their action takes place on Fridays. I can't confirm that, but it would be interesting to see when most of the acceptances occurred. Definitely there have been a bunch that have happened during the week though.


I think every single one of my decisions has been the last working day of the week, save for Duke which was Sat. I don't know why I am anxious on a Tues. then.


It sort of makes sense. They make the decisions during the week, compile a list of admits, then Dean Deal starts making the calls one after another. It may be somewhat inefficient to do a call-as-you-go scheme. Do we know anyone who received a call mid-week?

User avatar
tgir
Posts: 314
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby tgir » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:31 pm

SLS2011 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Knock wrote:
SLS2011 wrote:Its kinda quiet today. Any calls? any DLSs?


A SLS student told me most of their action takes place on Fridays. I can't confirm that, but it would be interesting to see when most of the acceptances occurred. Definitely there have been a bunch that have happened during the week though.


I think every single one of my decisions has been the last working day of the week, save for Duke which was Sat. I don't know why I am anxious on a Tues. then.


It sort of makes sense. They make the decisions during the week, compile a list of admits, then Dean Deal starts making the calls one after another. It may be somewhat inefficient to do a call-as-you-go scheme. Do we know anyone who received a call mid-week?


I think mine was on a Wednesday.

User avatar
dot
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:13 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby dot » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:31 pm

tgir wrote:
SLS2011 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Knock wrote:A SLS student told me most of their action takes place on Fridays. I can't confirm that, but it would be interesting to see when most of the acceptances occurred. Definitely there have been a bunch that have happened during the week though.


I think every single one of my decisions has been the last working day of the week, save for Duke which was Sat. I don't know why I am anxious on a Tues. then.


It sort of makes sense. They make the decisions during the week, compile a list of admits, then Dean Deal starts making the calls one after another. It may be somewhat inefficient to do a call-as-you-go scheme. Do we know anyone who received a call mid-week?


I think mine was on a Wednesday.

Also Wednesday.

User avatar
glitched
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:50 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby glitched » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:34 pm

Dean deal is my aunt. Christmas is going to be a little awkward when she rejects me.

User avatar
sanguar
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby sanguar » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:42 pm

glitched wrote:Dean deal is my aunt. Christmas is going to be a little awkward when she rejects me.


Lord, how do you resist the urge to call her everyday, offer to pick up her groceries, clean her kitchen, etc!?

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:48 pm

glitched wrote:Dean deal is my aunt. Christmas is going to be a little awkward when she rejects me.


This isn't for real, right?

User avatar
glitched
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:50 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby glitched » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:50 pm

sanguar wrote:
glitched wrote:Dean deal is my aunt. Christmas is going to be a little awkward when she rejects me.


Lord, how do you resist the urge to call her everyday, offer to pick up her groceries, clean her kitchen, etc!?


Lol I'm really sorry but I was for some reason in the trolling mood. Then shortly after realized it makes me look like a total dick. I am not her nephew nor am I related to her in any way. Again I apologize.

User avatar
sanguar
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby sanguar » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:50 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
glitched wrote:Dean deal is my aunt. Christmas is going to be a little awkward when she rejects me.


This isn't for real, right?


Who knows. But if true, it's fantastic. If false, it's a hilarious falsehood!

User avatar
sanguar
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby sanguar » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:51 pm

glitched wrote:
sanguar wrote:
glitched wrote:Dean deal is my aunt. Christmas is going to be a little awkward when she rejects me.


Lord, how do you resist the urge to call her everyday, offer to pick up her groceries, clean her kitchen, etc!?


Lol I'm really sorry but I was for some reason in the trolling mood. Then shortly after realized it makes me look like a total dick. I am not her nephew nor am I related to her in any way. Again I apologize.


No worries (from me at least). Even being not-related I sometimes wonder if I should call and offer to pick up her groceries. Difficult to do from Ohio, but it's the thought and initiative that counts right?

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:56 pm

sanguar wrote:
glitched wrote:
sanguar wrote:
glitched wrote:Dean deal is my aunt. Christmas is going to be a little awkward when she rejects me.


Lord, how do you resist the urge to call her everyday, offer to pick up her groceries, clean her kitchen, etc!?


Lol I'm really sorry but I was for some reason in the trolling mood. Then shortly after realized it makes me look like a total dick. I am not her nephew nor am I related to her in any way. Again I apologize.


No worries (from me at least). Even being not-related I sometimes wonder if I should call and offer to pick up her groceries. Difficult to do from Ohio, but it's the thought and initiative that counts right?


If all it required to get into SLS was to get her groceries, I would be in Palo Alto right now. Le sigh.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:07 pm

glitched wrote:
sanguar wrote:
glitched wrote:Dean deal is my aunt. Christmas is going to be a little awkward when she rejects me.


Lord, how do you resist the urge to call her everyday, offer to pick up her groceries, clean her kitchen, etc!?


Lol I'm really sorry but I was for some reason in the trolling mood. Then shortly after realized it makes me look like a total dick. I am not her nephew nor am I related to her in any way. Again I apologize.


How many pms did you receive?

That counts as a glitch right?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:09 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
If all it required to get into SLS was to get her groceries, I would be in Palo Alto right now. Le sigh.


You people are giving SLS a bad name. Last year in YLS threads people were pledging to go off in a third world country, saving starving children while curing cancer, and then return to reapply. All you aspire to is to get her groceries???

:lol:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], cathy95, ec333, HennessyVSOP, mike90018, oliviaj_j, spursforever, swoonster, tylergreenandgold and 10 guests