Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:08 pm

GOB Bluth wrote:
Knock wrote:
GOB Bluth wrote:
Knock wrote:
:?:


Exactly! We need to figure this out!


Aren't you a 2L?


:?:


:?:

User avatar
BioEBear2010
Posts: 745
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:05 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby BioEBear2010 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:35 am

You guys are applying a year late. Stanford football is incredible this year (which is much to my delight and dismay).

User avatar
GOB Bluth
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:22 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby GOB Bluth » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:51 am

BioEBear2010 wrote:You guys are applying a year late. Stanford football is incredible this year (which is much to my delight and dismay).

Don't Judge me

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:52 am

BioEBear2010 wrote:You guys are applying a year late. Stanford football is incredible this year (which is much to my delight and dismay).


Seriously, so jealous! I watched the Stanford-Oregon State game on TV, wow that was a smack down. I hope Luck stays around another year.

Did you go to the game? How hard is it to get tickets?

User avatar
GOB Bluth
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:22 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby GOB Bluth » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:56 am

Knock wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:You guys are applying a year late. Stanford football is incredible this year (which is much to my delight and dismay).


Seriously, so jealous! I watched the Stanford-Oregon State game on TV, wow that was a smack down. I hope Luck stays around another year.

Did you go to the game? How hard is it to get tickets?


Only the Big Game is hard to get tickets for. This year you needed 14 points, and it's easy enough to swipe at home games (and women's basketball games).

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:58 am

GOB Bluth wrote:
Knock wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:You guys are applying a year late. Stanford football is incredible this year (which is much to my delight and dismay).


Seriously, so jealous! I watched the Stanford-Oregon State game on TV, wow that was a smack down. I hope Luck stays around another year.

Did you go to the game? How hard is it to get tickets?


Only the Big Game is hard to get tickets for. This year you needed 14 points, and it's easy enough to swipe at home games (and women's basketball games).


Big Game is the game vesus Cal? How does the point system work? You get points for attending events and use those points to get tickets? Do you still have to pay and if so how much are they?

Sorry for all the questions, i'm curious.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:05 am

Knock wrote:
GOB Bluth wrote:
Knock wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:You guys are applying a year late. Stanford football is incredible this year (which is much to my delight and dismay).


Seriously, so jealous! I watched the Stanford-Oregon State game on TV, wow that was a smack down. I hope Luck stays around another year.

Did you go to the game? How hard is it to get tickets?


Only the Big Game is hard to get tickets for. This year you needed 14 points, and it's easy enough to swipe at home games (and women's basketball games).


Big Game is the game vesus Cal? How does the point system work? You get points for attending events and use those points to get tickets? Do you still have to pay and if so how much are they?

Sorry for all the questions, i'm curious.


I am really hoping such knowledge becomes highly useful soon. :D

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:06 am

cardinals1989 wrote:
Knock wrote:
GOB Bluth wrote:
Knock wrote:Seriously, so jealous! I watched the Stanford-Oregon State game on TV, wow that was a smack down. I hope Luck stays around another year.

Did you go to the game? How hard is it to get tickets?


Only the Big Game is hard to get tickets for. This year you needed 14 points, and it's easy enough to swipe at home games (and women's basketball games).


Big Game is the game vesus Cal? How does the point system work? You get points for attending events and use those points to get tickets? Do you still have to pay and if so how much are they?

Sorry for all the questions, i'm curious.


I am really hoping such knowledge becomes highly useful soon. :D


Me too :oops:.

User avatar
GOB Bluth
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:22 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby GOB Bluth » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:07 am

AFAIK, It's like a point per home game. Other events get you points as well. I didn't actually go, my roommate did.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:08 am

GOB Bluth wrote:AFAIK, It's like a point per home game. Other events get you points as well. I didn't actually go, my roommate did.


And points get you tickets? or just give you the opportunity to purchase tickets.

User avatar
GOB Bluth
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:22 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby GOB Bluth » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:10 am

Knock wrote:
GOB Bluth wrote:AFAIK, It's like a point per home game. Other events get you points as well. I didn't actually go, my roommate did.


And points get you tickets? or just give you the opportunity to purchase tickets.


I think the ticket was like $15 for students, including law students.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:12 am

GOB Bluth wrote:
Knock wrote:
GOB Bluth wrote:AFAIK, It's like a point per home game. Other events get you points as well. I didn't actually go, my roommate did.


And points get you tickets? or just give you the opportunity to purchase tickets.


I think the ticket was like $15 for students, including law students.


Awesome, that's not bad at all :mrgreen:.

User avatar
BioEBear2010
Posts: 745
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:05 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby BioEBear2010 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:15 am

GOB Bluth wrote:
Knock wrote:
GOB Bluth wrote:AFAIK, It's like a point per home game. Other events get you points as well. I didn't actually go, my roommate did.


And points get you tickets? or just give you the opportunity to purchase tickets.


I think the ticket was like $15 for students, including law students.

I don't remember paying anything for tickets . . . as a Stanford student, you get free (well, not counting cost of tuition :D ) reign to attend all sporting events (not sure about basketball, but w/e). Going to football and women's volleyball games earns you points. 9 points (not 13) gets you a free ticket to the Big Game (which wasn't so big this year). Sorry for the many parentheses.

And GOB, it ain't easy bein white.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:17 am

BioEBear2010 wrote:
GOB Bluth wrote:
Knock wrote:
GOB Bluth wrote:AFAIK, It's like a point per home game. Other events get you points as well. I didn't actually go, my roommate did.


And points get you tickets? or just give you the opportunity to purchase tickets.


I think the ticket was like $15 for students, including law students.

I don't remember paying anything for tickets . . . as a Stanford student, you get free (well, not counting cost of tuition :D ) reign to attend all sporting events (not sure about basketball, but w/e). Going to football and women's volleyball games earns you points. 9 points (not 13) gets you a free ticket to the Big Game (which wasn't so big this year). Sorry for the many parentheses.

And GOB, it ain't easy bein white.


Have you had time to go to some sporting events at all?

User avatar
BioEBear2010
Posts: 745
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:05 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby BioEBear2010 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:14 am

Knock wrote:Have you had time to go to some sporting events at all?

I went to every home game except today's (too much outlining + rain) and the Big Game. Law school isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be.

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Kretzy » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:43 am

BioEBear2010 wrote:
Knock wrote:Have you had time to go to some sporting events at all?

I went to every home game except today's (too much outlining + rain) and the Big Game. Law school isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be.


Our group of 1Ls (since BioE and me are in the same group of friends, which is about 60 folks) does most of the football games, all the bar reviews, and various other social events.

Don't worry; law school is hard, but if you have any semblance of time management, you can do most of the things you want to do. The material is difficult, and it's a good amount of work, but I don't think anyone should have too much time getting the work done. And that's with our crazy first term, where we take 18 credits on the quarter system...

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Confused7 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:51 pm

Did we reach a consensus about whether "submitted for review" = "under review"?

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:19 pm

Confused7 wrote:Did we reach a consensus about whether "submitted for review" = "under review"?


Yes; Submitted for review = under review.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:26 pm

Knock wrote:
Knock wrote:
Knock wrote:If this year is like last year, and first acceptances and sent out on the 2nd Friday of December, that would be December 10th this year. So my very very rough countdown:

17 days until possible first acceptances.


14 days until possible first acceptances.


13 days until possible first acceptances.


11 days until possible first acceptances.

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Confused7 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:29 pm

Thanks Knock! Hopefully I'll hear from them relatively soon since I just became "submitted for review" today.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:30 pm

Confused7 wrote:Thanks Knock! Hopefully I'll hear from them relatively soon since I just became "submitted for review" today.


Np, best of luck to you :mrgreen:

The Real Jack McCoy
Posts: 279
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:55 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby The Real Jack McCoy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:57 pm

Joining the club--recently went complete.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:58 pm

The Real Jack McCoy wrote:Joining the club--recently went complete.


Good luck :D. Enjoy the no-stress wait with your HLS acceptance in hand :P.

The Real Jack McCoy
Posts: 279
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:55 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby The Real Jack McCoy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:44 pm

Knock wrote:
The Real Jack McCoy wrote:Joining the club--recently went complete.


Good luck :D. Enjoy the no-stress wait with your HLS acceptance in hand :P.


It's true, I'll be happy with my option(s) even if I'm rejected--though getting in and having to decide would be a nice problem to have. Good luck on your app, I know you want it bad enough :D. Though, contrary to reports ITT, Stanford/Pac-10 football will always be terrible.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:47 pm

The Real Jack McCoy wrote:
Knock wrote:
The Real Jack McCoy wrote:Joining the club--recently went complete.


Good luck :D. Enjoy the no-stress wait with your HLS acceptance in hand :P.


It's true, I'll be happy with my option(s) even if I'm rejected--though getting in and having to decide would be a nice problem to have. Good luck on your app, I know you want it bad enough :D. Though, contrary to reports ITT, Stanford/Pac-10 football will always be terrible.


Uncredited. Completely uncredited :P.

And thank you, I need all the luck I can get :). Hopefully you will have a very tough choice on your hands :mrgreen:.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandros, EricDelgado, Exabot [Bot], hellohalo, Lacepiece23 and 8 guests