Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:56 pm

glitched wrote:What school is the levy?


Penn

aredhello
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby aredhello » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:54 pm

anyone mind posting a link to the status checker? won't be home for awhile and am anxious about a possible DLS...and can't seem to find the email. thanks...

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:56 pm

aredhello wrote:anyone mind posting a link to the status checker? won't be home for awhile and am anxious about a possible DLS...and can't seem to find the email. thanks...


https://aces2.lsac.org/YourStatus/membe ... i%2B0OE%3D

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:57 pm

Knock can you put it in the OP?

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:58 pm

r6_philly wrote:Knock can you put it in the OP?


Yeah when I get home.

aredhello
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby aredhello » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:03 pm

thanks r6. safe for now...sigh.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:05 pm

aredhello wrote:thanks r6. safe for now...sigh.


Good! Stick around. This is turning out to be a Boalt admits thread lol

User avatar
The Stig
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby The Stig » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:22 pm

Wannabelawyer101 wrote:Right now, they're pretty much accepting "auto-admits" - I'd bet that they'll still have close to half of the class to fill by the time they're done with their first wave of dings. So in the second wave of acceptance, you'll be compared to people with sub-3.9 GPA's. Don't worry.

Dean Deal wrote:At this stage in the game, there a three groupings of completed applications – easy admits, easy denies and those in a holding pattern. This latter group is the largest by far right now. These are candidates whose files are strong, but I’ve put them on “hold” until I see the larger pool or see something else that will convince me to nudge the application into one of the other two groups – hopefully the one with the corresponding thick envelope. If you’ve received notification indicating that your file is in review and you’ve not heard from us, treat this as an opportunity to update your file. What you submit may be that nudge I need. Keep in mind, that this is not an invitation to clutter my in-box with non-essential information or to call me with weekly updates. Although I really don’t mind chatting with you on the phone or opening up yet another email, I suspect my time is better spent reading applications. So, use your best judgment when thinking about how to update your file.

from a blog post on January 4
http://blogs.law.stanford.edu/admissions/2011/01/04/hello-2011/

aredhello
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby aredhello » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:24 pm

haha yeah. would love to have the option to choose...but would be perfectly happy to call the east bay home for the next three years. let's make sure to get everyone together at ASD.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:27 pm

Knock wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Knock can you put it in the OP?


Yeah when I get home.


FAQ updated with the link to the status checker.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:36 pm

aredhello wrote:haha yeah. would love to have the option to choose...but would be perfectly happy to call the east bay home for the next three years. let's make sure to get everyone together at ASD.


I'd be happy to organize happy hour. I just hope to have the chance to drive around the Bay afterwards for the next 2 days. 8)

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:55 pm

r6_philly wrote:
aredhello wrote:haha yeah. would love to have the option to choose...but would be perfectly happy to call the east bay home for the next three years. let's make sure to get everyone together at ASD.


I'd be happy to organize happy hour. I just hope to have the chance to drive around the Bay afterwards for the next 2 days. 8)


I would like to be on either side of the Bay. :D

somewhere
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:38 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby somewhere » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:20 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:I would like to be on either side of the Bay. :D


Yeah, I'm an East Bay guy by birth and rearing— but I might be tempted to play for the other team, at least for a few years.

Edit: Oh, and Philly: don't drive around the Bay, take the Dumbarton bridge across it. Faster, and there's nothing to see in San Jose.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:24 pm

somewhere wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:I would like to be on either side of the Bay. :D


Yeah, I'm an East Bay guy by birth and rearing— but I might be tempted to play for the other team, at least for a few years.

Edit: Oh, and Philly: don't drive around the Bay, take the Dumbarton bridge across it. Faster, and there's nothing to see in San Jose.


I was planning on living in San Jose. Also have distant family there, I am sure my parents would love to be near.

Is there toll on that bridge?

somewhere
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:38 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby somewhere » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:26 pm

r6_philly wrote:
somewhere wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:I would like to be on either side of the Bay. :D


Yeah, I'm an East Bay guy by birth and rearing— but I might be tempted to play for the other team, at least for a few years.

Edit: Oh, and Philly: don't drive around the Bay, take the Dumbarton bridge across it. Faster, and there's nothing to see in San Jose.


I was planning on living in San Jose. Also have distant family there, I am sure my parents would love to be near.

Is there toll on that bridge?


5 bucks (I think) westbound. So, okay, go through San Jose if you must, on the way to Palo Alto. Take the bridge toll-free to Berkeley.

boushi
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:06 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby boushi » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:29 pm

So much for my hope that Columbia held me because I was obviously Stanford-bound -- woke up abroad to a DLS :P

User avatar
glitched
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:50 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby glitched » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:31 pm

boushi wrote:So much for my hope that Columbia held me because I was obviously Stanford-bound -- woke up abroad to a DLS :P


abroad DLS? might that not be a good thing?

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby 4102011 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:32 pm

glitched wrote:
boushi wrote:So much for my hope that Columbia held me because I was obviously Stanford-bound -- woke up abroad to a DLS :P


abroad DLS? might that not be a good thing?


I know of at least one international applicant with a DLS that was a rejection.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:32 pm

somewhere wrote:5 bucks (I think) westbound. So, okay, go through San Jose if you must, on the way to Palo Alto. Take the bridge toll-free to Berkeley.


I will remember that :) I am sensitive to tolls coming from the northeast.

boushi
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:06 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby boushi » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:40 pm

dulcatis wrote:
glitched wrote:
boushi wrote:So much for my hope that Columbia held me because I was obviously Stanford-bound -- woke up abroad to a DLS :P


abroad DLS? might that not be a good thing?


I know of at least one international applicant with a DLS that was a rejection.


Sorry if that wasn't clear -- I wasn't attempting to put a wry spin on my disappointment. I realize that I've been rejected.

User avatar
CosmoLaw
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby CosmoLaw » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:41 pm

boushi wrote:So much for my hope that Columbia held me because I was obviously Stanford-bound -- woke up abroad to a DLS :P


That sucks...sorry

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:27 am

Every Friday when I check my status after the offices have closed, I breathe this great sigh of relief that I survived until another week.

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby neonx » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:20 am

Every time I think I have the courage to check my status, I bail at the last second. I can't do it. These DLS are just too scary.

Sorry to everyone who was hit by DLS today. =(

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:25 am

neonx wrote:Every time I think I have the courage to check my status, I bail at the last second. I can't do it. These DLS are just too scary.

Sorry to everyone who was hit by DLS today. =(


Luckily (?) for me, my OCD overrides any hesitation at seeing my dreams crash all around me.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:26 am

cardinals1989 wrote:
neonx wrote:Every time I think I have the courage to check my status, I bail at the last second. I can't do it. These DLS are just too scary.

Sorry to everyone who was hit by DLS today. =(


Luckily (?) for me, my OCD overrides any hesitation at seeing my dreams crash all around me.


Haha, I look at it like everytime to post it for someone or today to move it into the OP. Since my browser saves my PW anyways, I might as well check it :lol:. Safe today, phew :D. But yeah, it's definitely my scariest status checker.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”