Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
CosmoLaw
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby CosmoLaw » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:31 pm

No acceptances today either. I think this week will be very quiet in terms of acceptances as they sort through the new apps and reject the auto-rejects. Sigh.
Last edited by CosmoLaw on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:35 pm

CosmoLaw wrote:No acceptances today either. I think this week will be very quite in terms of acceptances as they sort through the new apps and reject the auto-rejects. Sigh.


It's only Tuesday. Someone told me that they mainly do their stuff on Fridays? Someone should look back on the thread and see when the majority of acceptance calls came.

User avatar
dot
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:13 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby dot » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:38 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Knock wrote:
dot wrote:Anyone worried about the super-quake or whatever is overdue in CA?

Stanford was (is) my #1, but, frankly, this might be my biggest reason (besides Yale? or $$$$ at C/NYU?) not to go.


I wouldn't worry about it. Let me see if I can find an article, one sec.


Matters more to Boalt than Stanford since the school is over the fault line.


Yea, when I visited both, people actually did seem concerned at Berkeley. Also because some of the buildings would apparently crumble and/or explode in dramatic fashion quite easily.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:39 pm

Knock wrote:
CosmoLaw wrote:No acceptances today either. I think this week will be very quite in terms of acceptances as they sort through the new apps and reject the auto-rejects. Sigh.


It's only Tuesday. Someone told me that they mainly do their stuff on Fridays? Someone should look back on the thread and see when the majority of acceptance calls came.


It does seem that way, although the first day of acceptances this year was a Wednesday.

User avatar
dot
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:13 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby dot » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:43 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
Knock wrote:
CosmoLaw wrote:No acceptances today either. I think this week will be very quite in terms of acceptances as they sort through the new apps and reject the auto-rejects. Sigh.


It's only Tuesday. Someone told me that they mainly do their stuff on Fridays? Someone should look back on the thread and see when the majority of acceptance calls came.


It does seem that way, although the first day of acceptances this year was a Wednesday.


Anecdotal, but in the week of my call, I believe there had been calls (but not many, maybe only 1 reported/day) on Monday and Tuesday. I remember not really wanting to go out in the mornings either day in order to be around the phone after I saw someone update LSN even though I wasn't expecting to hear til April - just *really* hoping.

coveyellow
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:40 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby coveyellow » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:03 pm

Ok it's been ten days since I've emailed a LOCI... they're getting a call tomorrow.

User avatar
CosmoLaw
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby CosmoLaw » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:20 pm

coveyellow wrote:Ok it's been ten days since I've emailed a LOCI... they're getting a call tomorrow.


sounds about right.

Kiwi917
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:13 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Kiwi917 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:31 pm

Decision letter sent today (complete/under review 11/3). Can't say I'm surprised, but it's still somewhat disappointing.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:32 pm

Kiwi917 wrote:Decision letter sent today (complete/under review 11/3). Can't say I'm surprised, but it's still somewhat disappointing.


:cry: Sorry man. It's starting to look like they're going in order now though.

User avatar
CosmoLaw
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby CosmoLaw » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:33 pm

Kiwi917 wrote:Decision letter sent today (complete/under review 11/3). Can't say I'm surprised, but it's still somewhat disappointing.


That is disappointing. GL with the remaining schools however!!!!

Kiwi917
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:13 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Kiwi917 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:37 pm

CosmoLaw wrote:
Kiwi917 wrote:Decision letter sent today (complete/under review 11/3). Can't say I'm surprised, but it's still somewhat disappointing.


That is disappointing. GL with the remaining schools however!!!!


Thanks! I'm really excited about Boalt - glad to have an option to stay in the bay area.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:38 pm

Kiwi917 wrote:Decision letter sent today (complete/under review 11/3). Can't say I'm surprised, but it's still somewhat disappointing.


Sorry :( Good luck with the rest of your cycle...with that LSAT I am sure you will get in somewhere great.

User avatar
CosmoLaw
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby CosmoLaw » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:48 pm

Kiwi917 wrote:
CosmoLaw wrote:
Kiwi917 wrote:Decision letter sent today (complete/under review 11/3). Can't say I'm surprised, but it's still somewhat disappointing.


That is disappointing. GL with the remaining schools however!!!!


Thanks! I'm really excited about Boalt - glad to have an option to stay in the bay area.


I'm sure that's nice... I've been freezing my arse off for the last 2 weeks. lol. There's a big blizzard on it's way in a couple of hours. YAY! :roll:

aredhello
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby aredhello » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:20 am

Have folks weighed in on whether it would be a good idea to mail in a LOCI in addition to e-mailing it? Am figuring with the influx of deadline apps, it's unlikely I'll receive a receipt confirmation anytime soon, and want to be sure they actually did receive it...though don't want to annoy the admissions office folks with a redundant submission.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:22 am

aredhello wrote:Have folks weighed in on whether it would be a good idea to mail in a LOCI in addition to e-mailing it? Am figuring with the influx of deadline apps, it's unlikely I'll receive a receipt confirmation anytime soon, and want to be sure they actually did receive it...though don't want to annoy the admissions office folks with a redundant submission.


Just pick one or the other. Probably email would be better.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:25 am

CosmoLaw wrote:
I'm sure that's nice... I've been freezing my arse off for the last 2 weeks. lol. There's a big blizzard on it's way in a couple of hours. YAY! :roll:


I fell twice getting out of the car yesterday and once going in the subway station today. :x

Come on Stanford!

aredhello
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby aredhello » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:25 am

Yeah, already e-mailed it. I sent in a resume update earlier in the cycle and heard back the next day to acknowledge receipt, but am not hoping the same sort of turnaround these days. Guess I'll leave it alone...thanks.

User avatar
CosmoLaw
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby CosmoLaw » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:32 am

r6_philly wrote:
CosmoLaw wrote:
I'm sure that's nice... I've been freezing my arse off for the last 2 weeks. lol. There's a big blizzard on it's way in a couple of hours. YAY! :roll:


I fell twice getting out of the car yesterday and once going in the subway station today. :x

Come on Stanford!



haha, despite the ubiquity of falls during winter, it still is embarassing.lol.

"shuts eyes really tight and prays that stanford can hear me!!!!"

rui
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:49 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby rui » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:46 am

Mildly embarrassing but can someone link to the Stanford status checker? I deleted my e-mail and can't find it for the life of me (I've logged in before). Guessing I'm at DLS (mid November review date) and would like to spare a potential additional LOR writer if that's the case :)

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:47 am

rui wrote:Mildly embarrassing but can someone link to the Stanford status checker? I deleted my e-mail and can't find it for the life of me (I've logged in before). Guessing I'm at DLS (mid November review date) and would like to spare a potential additional LOR writer if that's the case :)


https://aces2.lsac.org/YourStatus/membe ... i%2B0OE%3D

Good luck!

d34d9823
Posts: 1915
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby d34d9823 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:04 am

I submitted :D :oops:

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:06 am

LSAT takers down 16.5%! Spread the news!

P.S. I can help keep both medians <3

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:08 am

d34dluk3 wrote:I submitted :D :oops:


Congrats! Pressing the submit button is the hardest step!

r6_philly wrote:LSAT takers down 16.5%! Spread the news!

P.S. I can help keep both medians <3


+170

jd20132013
Posts: 997
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby jd20132013 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:24 am

was sleeping late and got woken up by a call from Dean Deal congratulating me
I hope I didn't sound too incoherent on the phone :D :oops:

c_dubya_s
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby c_dubya_s » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:25 am

jd20132013 wrote:was sleeping late and got woken up by a call from Dean Deal congratulating me
I hope I didn't sound too incoherent on the phone :D :oops:


Congrats! When did you submit?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 7 guests