Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
CosmoLaw

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby CosmoLaw » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:05 pm

r6_philly wrote:
CosmoLaw wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
CosmoLaw wrote:There's going to be a barrage of rejections in the next 2 weeks I think... brace yourselves

:evil: :oops: :( :cry:

I know my Blood Pressure is spiking furiously at the mere thought. But if they are going out chronologically, then you're safe. I'm not :shock:

Maybe your LOCI will get there just in time to spare you of the barrage.

I sent in more of a "why sls" than an LOCI... and they already have it. I hope it suffices :|

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:11 pm

r6_philly wrote:
bedefan wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
bedefan wrote:I sent SLS a LOCI a week ago today, to the general admissions email, and haven't got a response. Do I send another email checking to see if the LOCI was received? Or just chill out?

Remember tomorrow is the deadline, so they are probably flooded with applications.

Oh, of course! I didn't even think of that. I'll wait until next week at the earliest to call them.

To be honest I had this fantasy number running through my head the past week where Dean Deal was so impressed with my LOCI that she just picked up the phone right then and called to admit me... That kinda stuff happen to anybody else?

...The delusions of grandeur, I mean, not actually having Dean Deal call to admit you immediately after reading your LOCI.

Yes I have those delusions. They blur into real life. :lol:

I feel like delusions are all I have at this point.

DreamsInDigital

Postby DreamsInDigital » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:28 pm

sorry if this question has been asked a million times, but how long does it take for the status checker email to go out?

I submitted my application on the 15th and they sent me the "received" email on the 18th.

Since then, nothing. No "your application is complete" email, no status checker email.

Would it be bad form to email them to make sure that there are no problems?

CosmoLaw

Postby CosmoLaw » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:37 pm

DreamsInDigital wrote:sorry if this question has been asked a million times, but how long does it take for the status checker email to go out?

I submitted my application on the 15th and they sent me the "received" email on the 18th.

Since then, nothing. No "your application is complete" email, no status checker email.

are we talking jan 18 or dec? if it's jan, I'd give it time. If it's Dec. then I would email.

DreamsInDigital

Postby DreamsInDigital » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:43 pm

CosmoLaw wrote:
DreamsInDigital wrote:sorry if this question has been asked a million times, but how long does it take for the status checker email to go out?

are we talking jan 18 or dec? if it's jan, I'd give it time. If it's Dec. then I would email.

January. And I think you're right. that was my first inclination, but after getting rejected by the first school I heard back from, I am starting to freak out.

CosmoLaw

Postby CosmoLaw » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:50 pm

DreamsInDigital wrote:
CosmoLaw wrote:

January. And I think you're right. that was my first inclination, but after getting rejected by the first school I heard back from, I am starting to freak out.

don't worry it took me 2 weeks to go complete, and with the approaching deadline and the inevitable barrage of applications they must have been receiving I'm sure that all is well. Give it a week. If still nothing, then go for it. Has LSAC sent out the report yet?

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:55 pm

So.... has anyone gone DLS recently?

I was hoping I made it into the second round of review, but it seems to be a little too quiet recently.

rs2004

Postby rs2004 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:56 pm

bdubs wrote:So.... has anyone gone DLS recently?

I was hoping I made it into the second round of review, but it seems to be a little too quiet recently.

there's a second round?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:57 pm

rs2004 wrote:

there's a second round?

wrong school?

JeNeRegretteRien

Postby JeNeRegretteRien » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:58 pm

I think SLS is like YLS - some are presumptive admits by FD, most are via faculty review.

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:59 pm

r6_philly wrote:
rs2004 wrote:

there's a second round?

wrong school?

No I meant that DLS seemed to go in order of receipt/complete dates. Since I had a late October complete and a few people from just before my complete date went DLS, I was hoping that I got passed up for initial round of rejections.

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:12 pm

bdubs wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
rs2004 wrote:

there's a second round?

wrong school?

No I meant that DLS seemed to go in order of receipt/complete dates. Since I had a late October complete and a few people from just before my complete date went DLS, I was hoping that I got passed up for initial round of rejections.

The thing is, I am not sure how far they got in chronological order for the DLS. I feel like things slowed down right around the early October applicants, which is why I am still a bit nervous about the DLS status.

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:17 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:The thing is, I am not sure how far they got in chronological order for the DLS. I feel like things slowed down right around the early October applicants, which is why I am still a bit nervous about the DLS status.

I was afraid of that....

Knock

Postby Knock » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:44 pm

My LOCI is almost done :mrgreen:.

tgir

Postby tgir » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:47 pm

Knock wrote:My LOCI is almost done :mrgreen:.

Man, this must be an epic LOCI!

Knock

Postby Knock » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:49 pm

tgir wrote:

Haha, well I mean it's already complete and been through a couple drafts. I'm just working on putting the finishing touches on it and smoothing it out :).

mrmangs

Postby mrmangs » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:50 pm

tgir wrote:

To: admissions@stanford.edu
Subject: Treatise on Continued Interest

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:50 pm

Knock wrote:
tgir wrote:

Haha, well I mean it's already complete and been through a couple drafts. I'm just working on putting the finishing touches on it and smoothing it out :).

This LOCI has been in the making for like a month now. Stop making us look bad!

Knock

Postby Knock » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:52 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
Knock wrote:
tgir wrote:

This LOCI has been in the making for like a month now. Stop making us look bad!

Haha, I don't think mine is as good as yours was, so don't even worry :)

CosmoLaw

Postby CosmoLaw » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:03 pm

no acceptances today so far??????

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:17 pm

CosmoLaw wrote:no acceptances today so far??????

Just a normal day at Stanford.

l000needles

Postby l000needles » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:44 pm

Another day of nothing? WTF Stanford! At least Harvard has the snowstorm excuse..

Knock

Postby Knock » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:46 pm

l000needles wrote:Another day of nothing? WTF Stanford! At least Harvard has the snowstorm excuse..

Be patient. Stanford is very deliberate and thorough in their admissions (and not to mention very selective), and so no new decisions is common.

rs2004

Postby rs2004 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:46 pm

Knock wrote:
l000needles wrote:Another day of nothing? WTF Stanford! At least Harvard has the snowstorm excuse..

Be patient. Stanford is very deliberate and thorough in their admissions (and not to mention very selective), and so no new decisions is common.

besides, ever heard of the expression, when it rains, it pours? might be that for all we know

gatorgirl4life

Postby gatorgirl4life » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:48 pm

If I write a LOCI it will go something like this. I've never seen snow, I complain when the temp drops below 70...and watching the news has made me wonder WTF I was thinking when I applied to schools up north:

Wind-whipped snow twisted like a frozen dust devil across a vast swath of the nation on Tuesday, blinding motorists, closing airports and complicating the travel plans of football fans headed to this weekend's Super Bowl.

More than 30 states were under some form of alert due to the storm, with blizzard warnings up Tuesday in eight states from Oklahoma to Michigan. Winter storm warnings extended all the way to New York and Boston as heavy snow was forecast across a 1,500-mile slice of the country.

"Do not travel! Stay inside!" the National Weather Service warned. "Strong winds and blinding snow will make travel nearly impossible. This is a life threatening storm."

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”