Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
r6_philly

Diamond

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Post by r6_philly » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:48 am

Knock wrote:
r6_philly wrote:I can't believe I am getting scared by the checker on Saturday night...
Me too
I am on here stalking scholarship matching threads from last year and I had to run to check my SLS checker... my heart can't take it...

moxiepostulate

Bronze

Post by moxiepostulate » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:49 am

Yup, I totally just re-checked in a subtle panic.... At least we are ridiculous together!

And also starting to wish that Stanford would just make my decision for me! Otherwise it's going to come down to the ol' Berk-NYU-Columbia(I hope) decision combined with hoping for and weighing scholly money, my love of city life, and my absolute horror of any sort of real winter...

Seriously, at this point I've shut myself off from really imagining I'll get into Stanford and now it's just a dream to rescue me from having to make all the various spreadsheets that I'll be checking off after ASW visits :/

Being incredibly lucky is clearly not enough to keep me from whining. Law student fail.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:55 am

moxiepostulate wrote:Yup, I totally just re-checked in a subtle panic.... At least we are ridiculous together!

And also starting to wish that Stanford would just make my decision for me! Otherwise it's going to come down to the ol' Berk-NYU-Columbia(I hope) decision combined with hoping for and weighing scholly money, my love of city life, and my absolute horror of any sort of real winter...

Seriously, at this point I've shut myself off from really imagining I'll get into Stanford and now it's just a dream to rescue me from having to make all the various spreadsheets that I'll be checking off after ASW visits :/

Being incredibly lucky is clearly not enough to keep me from whining. Law student fail.
I know what you mean, it I get in Stanford now I wouldn't have to really pick between peer schools. But I will still have to construct large, complex spreadsheets that may or may not be converted to powerpoint presentations that my unfortunate family will have to suffer through and take turns making mandatory comments.

rundoxierun

Gold

Post by rundoxierun » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:03 am

Just performed less than spectacularly at an interview.. now I need to spend tomorrow pouring my heart into an LOCI. Especially since a weekend in Atlanta has made me despise the thought of living in NYC even more.

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:04 am

r6_philly wrote:I can't believe I am getting scared by the checker on Saturday night...
+1. I definitely checked on Friday night, so there shouldn't have been any updates. But I still feel the need to just make sure...just ONE more time...I promise...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

swl56

Bronze

Post by swl56 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:22 am

there's no status update from file submitted for review to under review right? b/c i've been at submitted for review for foreverrrrrrr...

* edited for grammatical error
Last edited by swl56 on Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:26 am

swl56 wrote:there's no status update from file submitted for review and under review right? b/c i've been at submitted for review for foreverrrrrrr...
Right, submitted for review is the last update, until this mysterious Decision letter sent status.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:29 am

tkgrrett wrote:Just performed less than spectacularly at an interview.. now I need to spend tomorrow pouring my heart into an LOCI. Especially since a weekend in Atlanta has made me despise the thought of living in NYC even more.
I guess I should write a LOCI too. I feel like it will be tough to write how I feel about SLS in one page haha.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:30 am

r6_philly wrote:
Knock wrote:
Me too
I am on here stalking scholarship matching threads from last year and I had to run to check my SLS checker... my heart can't take it...
Me too lol. Still alive, knock on wood.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sheela

New

Delete

Post by sheela » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:10 pm

Deleted.
Last edited by sheela on Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

123kl

Bronze

Post by 123kl » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:14 pm

sheela wrote:Doesn't Stanford email/call if you're accepted, rather than just leaving it at "Decision letter sent"?

(of course, I'm still way behind at "Your file has been submitted for review" and am planning to keep my fingers crossed as long as it takes...)
Stanford calls, unless you're international, I believe. "Decision letter sent" has meant dings so far.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:14 pm

sheela wrote:Doesn't Stanford email/call if you're accepted, rather than just leaving it at "Decision letter sent"?

(of course, I'm still way behind at "Your file has been submitted for review" and am planning to keep my fingers crossed as long as it takes...)
Yes. If you get Decision letter sent without an acceptance call or an email if you missed that call, at this stage in the game, it's almost certainly a rejection letter.

sheela

New

Delete

Post by sheela » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:21 pm

Deleted.
Last edited by sheela on Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hellome

Bronze

Post by hellome » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:32 am

hey guys, i have a LOCI question

i just wrote one up and it looks awfully short
the writing itself is a little less than half a page - 1 paragraph on why i still love Stanford (already wrote a Why Stanford in the original app) and 1 paragraph on a resume update
can anyone tell me if this may come of as flimsy?
(with the addresses at the top and my name at the bottom, it all comes to exactly 1 page)

thanks in advance

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:36 am

hellome wrote:hey guys, i have a LOCI question

the writing itself is a little less than half a page - 1 paragraph on why i still love Stanford (already wrote a Why Stanford in the original app) and 1 paragraph on a resume update
(with the addresses at the top and my name at the bottom, it all comes to exactly 1 page)

thanks in advance
No, I think you shouldn't force length for no reason. I'd send it as is.

hellome

Bronze

Post by hellome » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:38 am

Knock wrote:

thanks in advance
thanks Knock!
i was thinking, rather, about not sending it at all if it seemed too short :?

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:39 am

hellome wrote:
Knock wrote:

thanks in advance
thanks Knock!
1 page is a solid length. Pm it to me and I can read it over if you want.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

rundoxierun

Gold

Post by rundoxierun » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:43 am

hmm.. someone wanna trade LOCIs with me too??

Also, I may soon be getting a pretty sweet gig (Business strategy/development for fortune 500 company) but it doesnt really tie in so much to what my LOCI is currently about. Should I wait til I find out if I get the offer or should I just like send a quick resume update later on instead of just putting a random sentence in my LOCI?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:49 am

tkgrrett wrote:hmm.. someone wanna trade LOCIs with me too??

Also, I may soon be getting a pretty sweet gig (Business strategy/development for fortune 500 company) but it doesnt really tie in so much to what my LOCI is currently about. Should I wait til I find out if I get the offer or should I just like send a quick resume update later on instead of just putting a random sentence in my LOCI?
I think it would be much stronger if you could get it. So maybe you should skip mentioning it now, and write a new update when you get it. It is pretty major and can probably warrant 2 updates.

lucylove

New

Post by lucylove » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:56 am

Did you guys send a LOCI to any other schools? And how formal/informal is the LOCI supposed to be?? Thanks guys! :D

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:13 am

tkgrrett wrote:hmm.. someone wanna trade LOCIs with me too??

Pm me

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

hellome

Bronze

Post by hellome » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:26 am

Knock wrote:
hellome wrote:
Knock wrote:

thanks in advance
thanks Knock!
1 page is a solid length. Pm it to me and I can read it over if you want.
sent!
thank you dear :oops:

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:29 am

Over under on # of LOCIs this weekend?

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:31 am

r6_philly wrote:Over under on # of LOCIs this weekend?
A lot.

inandout1

New

Post by inandout1 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:42 am

--ImageRemoved--

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”