Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby WestOfTheRest » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:58 pm

Should I write a LOCI? Not that I'm getting in anyways, I am resigned to that fact. But should I write one? Uggh, I wish I could just get into one of these schools.

TrustMeI'mAnActress
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:43 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby TrustMeI'mAnActress » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:58 pm

Question answered!
Last edited by TrustMeI'mAnActress on Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:05 pm

Raramuri415 wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
Vuvuzela!!! wrote:
Through what means did you receive confirmation?


The office emailed me back.


How long did it take to get them to send you the confo?


About a week or so.
Last edited by cardinals1989 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hellome
Posts: 237
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:41 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby hellome » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:11 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
mrmangs wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
mrmangs wrote:So are y'all sending your LOCIs through LSAC (not sure if this is possible) or emailing them to admissions? I will be submitting at least one additional recommendation through LSAC.


LOCI is by email. LOR and transcript updates through LSAC.


Thanks!


You're welcome!

Just as an update, I received confirmation of Stanford getting my LOCI.


gotta get on this!

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:24 pm

Have you seen their twitter page?
Almost no one is following it:

--LinkRemoved--

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:39 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:Have you seen their twitter page?
Almost no one is following it:

--LinkRemoved--


From what I gather, it is relatively new. Also, I don't think the are like Yale where they post when they are releasing decisions.

User avatar
Rock-N-Roll
Posts: 319
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:16 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Rock-N-Roll » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:56 pm

I have been debating whether or not to send an LOCI to Stanford before I have received any decision from them, as I saw that a number of you-all have done.

I'm really curious to get feedback on why some of you decided to send yours at this time.

Would you mind sharing?

User avatar
aesis
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:26 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby aesis » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:10 pm

I don't think you should send a LOCI if your file hasn't been in review for longer than at least one month and/or if you don't have anything meaningful to update about. If you previously didn't express your strong interest in the school, then maybe that would be a nice thing to add to your file, but if there's nothing else substantial I'm not really sure why you would be sending a LOCI.

It's just that now is a good time to inform them of anything that might nudge you into the acceptance pile, assuming you went complete before Christmas.

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:12 pm

aesis wrote:I don't think you should send a LOCI if your file hasn't been in review for longer than at least one month and/or if you don't have anything meaningful to update about. If you previously didn't express your strong interest in the school, then maybe that would be a nice thing to add to your file, but if there's nothing else substantial I'm not really sure why you would be sending a LOCI.

It's just that now is a good time to inform them of anything that might nudge you into the acceptance pile, assuming you went complete before Christmas.


This is a perfect response.

User avatar
Rock-N-Roll
Posts: 319
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:16 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Rock-N-Roll » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:15 pm

Thank you. I guess I was digging for inside info (i.e. knowledge of Stanford looking favorably upon showing continued interest even with nothing particularly new to add to my application).

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:54 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:
aesis wrote:I don't think you should send a LOCI if your file hasn't been in review for longer than at least one month and/or if you don't have anything meaningful to update about. If you previously didn't express your strong interest in the school, then maybe that would be a nice thing to add to your file, but if there's nothing else substantial I'm not really sure why you would be sending a LOCI.

It's just that now is a good time to inform them of anything that might nudge you into the acceptance pile, assuming you went complete before Christmas.


This is a perfect response.


Yes, I hope it works.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:09 am

I really want tomorrow to be a big day like it was last year. :D

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:25 am

cardinals1989 wrote:I really want tomorrow to be a big day like it was last year. :D


It doesn't have to be a big day, Dean Deal only has to call 3 people.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:33 am

r6_philly wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:I really want tomorrow to be a big day like it was last year. :D


It doesn't have to be a big day, Dean Deal only has to call 3 people.


I am still right. 3 is big for Stanford. :wink:

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:35 am

cardinals1989 wrote:I really want tomorrow to be a big day like it was last year. :D


Me too!

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:38 am

Knock wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:I really want tomorrow to be a big day like it was last year. :D


Me too!


Feels like the right day!

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:39 am

r6_philly wrote:
Knock wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:I really want tomorrow to be a big day like it was last year. :D


Me too!


Feels like the right day!


Imagine if we all got in..ON THE SAME DAY.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:41 am

cardinals1989 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Knock wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:I really want tomorrow to be a big day like it was last year. :D


Me too!


Feels like the right day!


Imagine if we all got in..ON THE SAME DAY.


I will dream about this in a few.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:42 am

r6_philly wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Knock wrote:Me too!


Feels like the right day!


Imagine if we all got in..ON THE SAME DAY.


I will dream about this in a few.


--LinkRemoved--

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:44 am

Knock wrote:
--LinkRemoved--


I like how you think...incept Dean Deal with the thought that she admits all of us!! Excellent!

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:45 am

Knock wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Feels like the right day!


Imagine if we all got in..ON THE SAME DAY.


I will dream about this in a few.


--LinkRemoved--


On further thought, I think we need to perform inception on Dean Deal.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:45 am

Knock wrote:
--LinkRemoved--


Are you being funny by pasting the URL 3 times?

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:45 am

cardinals1989 wrote:
Knock wrote:
--LinkRemoved--


I like how you think...incept Dean Deal with the thought that she admits all of us!! Excellent!


I call dibs on being Leonardo. You can be Arthur, and R6 can be Ariadne.

User avatar
The Stig
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby The Stig » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:29 am

cardinals1989 wrote:
s0ph1e2007 wrote:Have you seen their twitter page?
Almost no one is following it:

--LinkRemoved--


From what I gather, it is relatively new. Also, I don't think the are like Yale where they post when they are releasing decisions.


is anyone on the twitter this guy? --LinkRemoved--

Political Communication student in The George Washington University, School of Media and Public Affairs. The unexamined life is not worth living


The George Washington University? The only other college that insists on being called "The..." is that terrible, terrible university in Columbus...

Also, if any of you are Drew, I sincerely apologize for teasing you...

User avatar
CosmoLaw
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby CosmoLaw » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:18 pm

I know patience is a virtue, but one I perpetually struggle to acquire... Bring on the acceptances Dean Deal!!!!!!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests