Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
123kl
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby 123kl » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:37 pm

Does not sending one hurt? I mean, it's not like they sent us a hold letter. Not everyone reads Dean Deal's blog. . . . .

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:38 pm

123kl wrote:Does not sending one hurt? I mean, it's not like they sent us a hold letter. Not everyone reads Dean Deal's blog. . . . .


It may not hurt you, but I am such a long shot that I want to do everything in my power to stand out.

User avatar
whathojeeves
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby whathojeeves » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:41 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
123kl wrote:Does not sending one hurt? I mean, it's not like they sent us a hold letter. Not everyone reads Dean Deal's blog. . . . .


It may not hurt you, but I am such a long shot that I want to do everything in my power to stand out.


AMEN.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:45 pm

Did you guys submit it as an attachment? What did you title/call it (if at all)?

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:49 pm

r6_philly wrote:Did you guys submit it as an attachment? What did you title/call it (if at all)?


I submitted it as a PDF attachment. I called it a Letter of Continued Interest (LOCI in document title). On the actual document, I didn't call it anything but set it up more as a letter.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:54 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Did you guys submit it as an attachment? What did you title/call it (if at all)?


I submitted it as a PDF attachment. I called it a Letter of Continued Interest (LOCI in document title). On the actual document, I didn't call it anything but set it up more as a letter.


Thanks. I have a letter and an essay. Trying to decide what to do. Maybe I will send the letter with the essay as an attachment? :idea:

User avatar
mrmangs
Posts: 674
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby mrmangs » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:17 pm

So are y'all sending your LOCIs through LSAC (not sure if this is possible) or emailing them to admissions? I will be submitting at least one additional recommendation through LSAC.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:26 pm

mrmangs wrote:So are y'all sending your LOCIs through LSAC (not sure if this is possible) or emailing them to admissions? I will be submitting at least one additional recommendation through LSAC.


LOCI is by email. LOR and transcript updates through LSAC.

User avatar
mrmangs
Posts: 674
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby mrmangs » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:36 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
mrmangs wrote:So are y'all sending your LOCIs through LSAC (not sure if this is possible) or emailing them to admissions? I will be submitting at least one additional recommendation through LSAC.


LOCI is by email. LOR and transcript updates through LSAC.


Thanks!

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:20 pm

mrmangs wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
mrmangs wrote:So are y'all sending your LOCIs through LSAC (not sure if this is possible) or emailing them to admissions? I will be submitting at least one additional recommendation through LSAC.


LOCI is by email. LOR and transcript updates through LSAC.


Thanks!


You're welcome!

Just as an update, I received confirmation of Stanford getting my LOCI.

User avatar
whathojeeves
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby whathojeeves » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:23 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
mrmangs wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
mrmangs wrote:So are y'all sending your LOCIs through LSAC (not sure if this is possible) or emailing them to admissions? I will be submitting at least one additional recommendation through LSAC.


LOCI is by email. LOR and transcript updates through LSAC.


Thanks!


You're welcome!

Just as an update, I received confirmation of Stanford getting my LOCI.


I fedexed my LOCI, so I have no idea if they've processed it yet, but am hopeful!

Vuvuzela!!!
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Vuvuzela!!! » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:26 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
mrmangs wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
mrmangs wrote:So are y'all sending your LOCIs through LSAC (not sure if this is possible) or emailing them to admissions? I will be submitting at least one additional recommendation through LSAC.


LOCI is by email. LOR and transcript updates through LSAC.


Thanks!


You're welcome!

Just as an update, I received confirmation of Stanford getting my LOCI.


Through what means did you receive confirmation?

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:33 pm

Vuvuzela!!! wrote:
Through what means did you receive confirmation?


The office emailed me back.

User avatar
gatorgirl4life
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby gatorgirl4life » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:36 pm

i've been waiting for them to get my form b since 10/15. it's been mailed 3 times now. :cry:
maybe i am just meant to stay on the east coast...

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:45 pm

Not to seem creepy...but light the Deal-signal!

Several of the entries to Dean Deal's blog have comments now...apparently she has a way of tracking them more.

One is particularly enlightening concerning the debate over LOCIs.
Last edited by cardinals1989 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
src42
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:26 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby src42 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:49 pm

Well, now I know what I'm doing this evening...

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:55 pm

src42 wrote:Well, now I know what I'm doing this evening...


I think maybe I should remove the quote...for Dean Deal's sake. I don't want her to suffer the unrelenting psychosis that is TLS. :)

User avatar
src42
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:26 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby src42 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:00 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
src42 wrote:Well, now I know what I'm doing this evening...


I think maybe I should remove the quote...for Dean Deal's sake. I don't want her to suffer the unrelenting psychosis that is TLS. :)

Haha yeah she'll have 200 LOCIs to read tomorrow.

User avatar
whathojeeves
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby whathojeeves » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:03 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
src42 wrote:Well, now I know what I'm doing this evening...


I think maybe I should remove the quote...for Dean Deal's sake. I don't want her to suffer the unrelenting psychosis that is TLS. :)


I nearly wrote "I LOVE YOUR BLOG" as a p.s. at the bottom of my LOCI and then decided that that was taking it too far.


... I still kind of wish that I had.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:03 pm

src42 wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
src42 wrote:Well, now I know what I'm doing this evening...


I think maybe I should remove the quote...for Dean Deal's sake. I don't want her to suffer the unrelenting psychosis that is TLS. :)

Haha yeah she'll have 200 LOCIs to read tomorrow.


On that note...I wonder how quickly they look at and read the LOCIs. Maybe they just stuff them in the file and don't look at it again for awhile? I would also hate to already be in the reject pile when the put the LOCI in...

User avatar
whathojeeves
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby whathojeeves » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:04 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
src42 wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
src42 wrote:Well, now I know what I'm doing this evening...


I think maybe I should remove the quote...for Dean Deal's sake. I don't want her to suffer the unrelenting psychosis that is TLS. :)

Haha yeah she'll have 200 LOCIs to read tomorrow.


On that note...I wonder how quickly they look at and read the LOCIs. Maybe they just stuff them in the file and don't look at it again for awhile? I would also hate to already be in the reject pile when the put the LOCI in...


I think this is the point at which we begin overthinking it way too much. Until they start doing WLs, we've done pretty much all we can.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:05 pm

whathojeeves wrote:
I think this is the point at which we begin overthinking it way too much. Until they start doing WLs, we've done pretty much all we can.


I definitely thought that when I was writing the post... :oops:

7ED
Posts: 276
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:26 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby 7ED » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:19 pm

Lol. I also sent in an additional writing sample (My Yale 250 XD), an updated CV with a law related internship, and new graduate grades.

Im in the same situation as u philly. Lets hope those graduate grades matter even a teensy bit. XD

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:24 pm

src42 wrote:Haha yeah she'll have 200 LOCIs to read tomorrow.


201. But I wrote mine before she posted.

User avatar
Raramuri415
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:19 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Raramuri415 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:56 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
Vuvuzela!!! wrote:
Through what means did you receive confirmation?


The office emailed me back.


How long did it take to get them to send you the confo?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Christinabruin, christinaxcarrie, curry4bfast, cyclawps, JazzyMac, JoshLyman13, Keilz, metaxerox88, NavyNuke, Nickel94, pandaaa, sovogue, uhwrestler, VapidP, wajdicm and 26 guests