Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
d34d9823

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby d34d9823 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:25 pm

hjag wrote:
CastleRock wrote:SLS does most of their admitting towards the end of the cycle, so not getting in at this point means you're not an autoadmit, but it doesn't mean you are SOL.

Will people who applied in Jan. still be penalized then? I know YLS is only semi-rolling, so late applicants don't tend to be penalized much if at all. Are you implying that this is similar for SLS admissions?

Holy how did you read that much into that, Batman?

Knock

Postby Knock » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:11 pm

Dear SLS, love me plz.

gbpackerbacker

Postby gbpackerbacker » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:18 pm

Does anybody know how one would go about sending in a targeted LOR?

Knock

Postby Knock » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:19 pm

gbpackerbacker wrote:Does anybody know how one would go about sending in a targeted LOR?

Give it a name on LSAC, ie: "L2: Targeted SLS Lettter." Have your recommender mail/fax in the LOR with that cover sheet to LSAC. Assign it to SLS.

CosmoLaw

Postby CosmoLaw » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:21 pm

gbpackerbacker wrote:Does anybody know how one would go about sending in a targeted LOR?

I believe it would have to be via LSAC as SLS states that any LOR's sent directly to them will not be accepted. So just mail in the letter and Form C to LSAC. If it's from a recommender from whom you've already submitted a general LOR, then you would have to contact SLS so that they can request the 2nd letter from LSAC (as LSAC won't forward a second letter from the same recommender automatically), whereas if it's a recommender you haven't used before, it should be forwarded automatically. I would still verify it's receipt though

At least that's what I was told by the Admissions office

whathojeeves

Postby whathojeeves » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:32 pm

CosmoLaw wrote:

I believe it would have to be via LSAC as SLS states that any LOR's sent directly to them will not be accepted. So just mail in the letter and Form C to LSAC. If it's from a recommender from whom you've already submitted a general LOR, then you would have to contact SLS so that they can request the 2nd letter from LSAC (as LSAC won't forward a second letter from the same recommender automatically), whereas if it's a recommender you haven't used before, it should be forwarded automatically. I would still verify it's receipt though

I've maxed out my letters via LSAC, so have one signed across the seal by my recommender that I was going to enclose with my LOCI. Any thoughts on this anyone?

Knock

Postby Knock » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:35 pm

whathojeeves wrote:
CosmoLaw wrote:

I've maxed out my letters via LSAC, so have one signed across the seal by my recommender that I was going to enclose with my LOCI. Any thoughts on this anyone?

I've heard that H will accept LORs in this manner if you're maxed out, not sure about S though. I'd shoot them an email real quick before you send it out.

whathojeeves

Postby whathojeeves » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:37 pm

Knock wrote:
whathojeeves wrote:
CosmoLaw wrote:

I've heard that H will accept LORs in this manner if you're maxed out, not sure about S though. I'd shoot them an email real quick before you send it out.

Ugh, yeah. I figured that if H did then S would, but am oddly paranoid about contacting them and asking (/potentially pointing out that I am a moron who refuses to understand directions).

piilehua

Postby piilehua » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:38 pm

So I still haven't received an email with a checker. I also wrote an email asking when I could expect to receive one and no reply. Should I call?? I'm getting worried.

Knock

Postby Knock » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:39 pm

piilehua wrote:So I still haven't received an email with a checker. I also wrote an email asking when I could expect to receive one and no reply. Should I call?? I'm getting worried.

Give us a time table?

timmna

Postby timmna » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:40 pm

Knock wrote:
piilehua wrote:So I still haven't received an email with a checker. I also wrote an email asking when I could expect to receive one and no reply. Should I call?? I'm getting worried.

Give us a time table?

Cute kitty!

piilehua

Postby piilehua » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:42 pm

Knock wrote:

Give us a time table?

I submitted a week ago and a half ago and received their confirmation email a week ago.

Knock

Postby Knock » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:43 pm

timmna wrote:
Knock wrote:

Give us a time table?

Cute kitty!

Thanks! :) Same to you :mrgreen:.

Knock

Postby Knock » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:44 pm

piilehua wrote:
Knock wrote:

Give us a time table?

I submitted a week ago and a half ago and received their confirmation email a week ago.

I'd give it a while longer.

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:44 pm

Knock wrote:
piilehua wrote:
Knock wrote:

Give us a time table?

I'd give it a while longer.

+1. At least another week. This is a busy season for them I'd imagine.

d34d9823

Postby d34d9823 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:45 pm

whathojeeves wrote:Ugh, yeah. I figured that if H did then S would, but am oddly paranoid about contacting them and asking (/potentially pointing out that I am a moron who refuses to understand directions).

Call with Skype and don't give your name.

Knock

Postby Knock » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:46 pm

I'm worried they're going to see that I haven't updated fall grades, assume that I went down in GPA, and ding/waitlist me. LSAC still hasn't received my transcript update that I requested 5ish weeks ago.

whathojeeves

Postby whathojeeves » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:47 pm

d34dluk3 wrote:
whathojeeves wrote:Ugh, yeah. I figured that if H did then S would, but am oddly paranoid about contacting them and asking (/potentially pointing out that I am a moron who refuses to understand directions).

Oh you're sneaky

Edit: Just called. They're all at lunch. Bah.
Last edited by whathojeeves on Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:50 pm

Knock wrote:I'm worried they're going to see that I haven't updated fall grades, assume that I went down in GPA, and ding/waitlist me. LSAC still hasn't received my transcript update that I requested 5ish weeks ago.

Ouch. I was angry at LSAC because my update sent just over a week ago was not processed.

Knock

Postby Knock » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:52 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
Knock wrote:I'm worried they're going to see that I haven't updated fall grades, assume that I went down in GPA, and ding/waitlist me. LSAC still hasn't received my transcript update that I requested 5ish weeks ago.

Ouch. I was angry at LSAC because my update sent just over a week ago was not processed.

Yeah, it's all my school's fault though. I had an additional LOR sent in about a week ago and it was already received and processed. It's just extremely frustrating.

piilehua

Postby piilehua » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:52 pm

whathojeeves wrote:
d34dluk3 wrote:

Oh you're sneaky

Edit: Just called. They're all at lunch. Bah.

LUNCH?! I just barely had breakfast.

Postby 4102011 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:58 pm

Knock wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:

Yeah, it's all my school's fault though. I had an additional LOR sent in about a week ago and it was already received and processed. It's just extremely frustrating.

Could you e-mail them and say that the grades are on the way?

Raramuri415

Postby Raramuri415 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:40 pm

Has anyone sent them an additional essay directly to the general email account? Do they typically reply with a confirmation email?

Knock

Postby Knock » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:41 pm

Raramuri415 wrote:Has anyone sent them an additional essay directly to the general email account? Do they typically reply with a confirmation email?

Additional essay?

Raramuri415

Postby Raramuri415 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:43 pm

Knock wrote:
Raramuri415 wrote:Has anyone sent them an additional essay directly to the general email account? Do they typically reply with a confirmation email?

Additional essay?

An addendum in my case.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”