Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby WestOfTheRest » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:40 pm

tkgrrett wrote:
CastleRock wrote:Doesnt the index only show to the nearest tenth?


Yeah.. the 3.72 is my new gpa. Report not prepared yet but index should still be 3.5. I dont think index really means much though.

Oh, ok. I was so confused. I pulled my gpa up .04 last semester, I hope it gets me some acceptances (pulled it to sls's median).

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:46 pm

CastleRock wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:
CastleRock wrote:Doesnt the index only show to the nearest tenth?


Yeah.. the 3.72 is my new gpa. Report not prepared yet but index should still be 3.5. I dont think index really means much though.

Oh, ok. I was so confused. I pulled my gpa up .04 last semester, I hope it gets me some acceptances (pulled it to sls's median).


Very nice, but as applicants still in UG, and thus lacking WE, we all face an uphill battle to be accepted I think.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby WestOfTheRest » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:47 pm

Knock wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:
CastleRock wrote:Doesnt the index only show to the nearest tenth?


Yeah.. the 3.72 is my new gpa. Report not prepared yet but index should still be 3.5. I dont think index really means much though.

Oh, ok. I was so confused. I pulled my gpa up .04 last semester, I hope it gets me some acceptances (pulled it to sls's median).


Very nice, but as applicants still in UG, and thus lacking WE, we all face an uphill battle to be accepted I think.

I have no real hope for stanford tbh. But looking at LSN, my new gpa brings me into accept territory from wl territory at Harvard. But I can still dream about stanford.

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby rundoxierun » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:54 pm

Knock wrote:
Very nice, but as applicants still in UG, and thus lacking WE, we all face an uphill battle to be accepted I think.


Credited.. Im not really expecting an acceptance here but having a shot numbers-wise makes me feel a little better.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:54 pm

Light the Deal-signal! New blog post! (not much help for us, though)

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:56 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:Light the Deal-signal! New blog post! (not much help for us, though)


I'm sounding the Deal-Vuvuzela:

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
whathojeeves
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby whathojeeves » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:58 pm

Knock wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:Light the Deal-signal! New blog post! (not much help for us, though)


I'm sounding the Deal-Vuvuzela:

--ImageRemoved--


That vuvuzela might be red, but he's wearing Yale colors. INAPPROPRIATE. :lol:

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:03 pm

whathojeeves wrote:
That vuvuzela might be red, but he's wearing Yale colors. INAPPROPRIATE. :lol:


Something that rhymes...with hale, bale, or kale....

User avatar
whathojeeves
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby whathojeeves » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:11 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
whathojeeves wrote:
That vuvuzela might be red, but he's wearing Yale colors. INAPPROPRIATE. :lol:


Something that rhymes...with hale, bale, or kale....


As long as we photoshop that jersey to cardinal red by the 15th, we're solid.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:18 pm

whathojeeves wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
whathojeeves wrote:
That vuvuzela might be red, but he's wearing Yale colors. INAPPROPRIATE. :lol:


Something that rhymes...with hale, bale, or kale....


As long as we photoshop that jersey to cardinal red by the 15th 1st, we're solid.


FTFY

Dean Deal wrote:
February 1st is rapidly approaching. You are on notice. Pleeeeease do not write to me on February 16th and say you thought the deadline was February 15th.

HopefulFish
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby HopefulFish » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:08 am

Wait so no one has been rejected/waitlisted yet?

I have no business applying to SLS with my numbers, but having been UR since Oct made me believe I made through the first few waves of rejections. =...(

Stanford, you are my dream school and with your help I will help change a few worlds!

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:41 am

HopefulFish wrote:Wait so no one has been rejected/waitlisted yet?

I have no business applying to SLS with my numbers, but having been UR since Oct made me believe I made through the first few waves of rejections. =...(

Stanford, you are my dream school and with your help I will help change a few worlds!


That I am aware of, no. Like I mentioned earlier, rejections should start end of this month or next month, but waitlists are not until April. Acceptances can go through April as well. Submission date does not mean as much...Dean Deal holds onto files until she has thoroughly read them. And numbers are not (relatively) as important here as elsewhere.

Polybius
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:31 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Polybius » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:13 am

No update since late September = bad news? I've been "submitted for review" for about four months but haven't seen any changes. Is anyone else in this boat?

d34d9823
Posts: 1915
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby d34d9823 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:14 am

Polybius wrote:No update since late September = bad news? I've been "submitted for review" for about four months but haven't seen any changes. Is anyone else in this boat?

Stanford holds most of the class until past the deadline to make their decisions. The people who are in already are auto-admits. So not good, but not terrible either.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:03 pm

Anyone know if the office is open tomorrow?

Anon NA
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:05 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Anon NA » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:08 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:Anyone know if the office is open tomorrow?


Probably not, but what the hell do I know . . .

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:30 am

Anon NA wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:Anyone know if the office is open tomorrow?


Probably not, but what the hell do I know . . .


Looking at the calendar of events on their website:

http://www.law.stanford.edu/calendar/?t ... period=day

it looks like they are closed (or, if they are open, they have just planned nothing for today).

User avatar
whathojeeves
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby whathojeeves » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:49 am

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
Anon NA wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:Anyone know if the office is open tomorrow?


Probably not, but what the hell do I know . . .


Looking at the calendar of events on their website:

http://www.law.stanford.edu/calendar/?t ... period=day

it looks like they are closed (or, if they are open, they have just planned nothing for today).


According to the Academic Calender, the law school is on break today. However, the dates the students are off and the dates admissions are off aren't always the same.


This is why we need a Deal-signal.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:53 am

whathojeeves wrote:
According to the Academic Calender, the law school is on break today. However, the dates the students are off and the dates admissions are off aren't always the same.


This is why we need a Deal-signal.


Nothing usually happens on Mondays anyway right? All of our school offices are closed here on the east coast.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:25 pm

r6_philly wrote:
whathojeeves wrote:
According to the Academic Calender, the law school is on break today. However, the dates the students are off and the dates admissions are off aren't always the same.


This is why we need a Deal-signal.


Nothing usually happens on Mondays anyway right? All of our school offices are closed here on the east coast.


I think it could really be any time from now on. Though, you are right, it seems Stanford send more decisions out at the end of the week as opposed to the beginning.

FWIW, Dean Deal's blog did mention it being a long weekend, so it would make sense if they had MLK Day off.

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby rundoxierun » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:27 pm

r6_philly wrote:
whathojeeves wrote:
According to the Academic Calender, the law school is on break today. However, the dates the students are off and the dates admissions are off aren't always the same.


This is why we need a Deal-signal.


Nothing usually happens on Mondays anyway right? All of our school offices are closed here on the east coast.


Stanford was one of the few schools who requested my LSAC report today.. not sure if that means they are open but a bunch of other schools didnt request..

Also, turned in 3rd LOR and fall grades... now all I can do is wait.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:29 pm

Most things school related in Philly are closed today because it is a huge day of service for us. I am slightly ashamed I had to come to work instead of out volunteering.

User avatar
whathojeeves
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby whathojeeves » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:10 pm

r6_philly wrote:Most things school related in Philly are closed today because it is a huge day of service for us. I am slightly ashamed I had to come to work instead of out volunteering.


I don't have today off, but upon realizing most schools were closed I at first thought it would mean a day's break from checking status checkers and TLS every 10 minutes. Then I realized I was only kidding myself. What else am I really going to do at work?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:16 pm

whathojeeves wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Most things school related in Philly are closed today because it is a huge day of service for us. I am slightly ashamed I had to come to work instead of out volunteering.


I don't have today off, but upon realizing most schools were closed I at first thought it would mean a day's break from checking status checkers and TLS every 10 minutes. Then I realized I was only kidding myself. What else am I really going to do at work?


The company which I came in today to work with is closed :roll:

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:22 pm

whathojeeves wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Most things school related in Philly are closed today because it is a huge day of service for us. I am slightly ashamed I had to come to work instead of out volunteering.


I don't have today off, but upon realizing most schools were closed I at first thought it would mean a day's break from checking status checkers and TLS every 10 minutes. Then I realized I was only kidding myself. What else am I really going to do at work?


Give yourself a day off :).




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”