Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
aesis
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:26 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby aesis » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:43 pm

Question is ... what is competitive at SLS?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:44 pm

aesis wrote:Question is ... what is competitive at SLS?


You tell me and I will get right on it!

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby WestOfTheRest » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:45 pm

where do you find the index on LSAC? I used to know, but I seem to have lost where it is.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:46 pm

CastleRock wrote:where do you find the index on LSAC? I used to know, but I seem to have lost where it is.


Apply -> Report status

Under each school, you have a PDF of the report sent. The index is next to your LSAT score band lower left.

User avatar
whathojeeves
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby whathojeeves » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:47 pm

CastleRock wrote:where do you find the index on LSAC? I used to know, but I seem to have lost where it is.


In the left column (I think its in the middle vertically).

User avatar
whathojeeves
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby whathojeeves » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:48 pm

r6_philly wrote:
aesis wrote:Question is ... what is competitive at SLS?


You tell me and I will get right on it!


+100

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:54 pm

r6_philly wrote:
I want to know what you are laughing at :P


r6_philly wrote:
Can't afford anything closer because I need 4 BRs. I am not in at SLS yet so this is a bit premature. I commuted daily on bikes for a few years, I am confident I can make 10 miles in 20-25 minutes even if the roads are turned into parking lots because there is no traffic when you are on a bike.


And my index is 3.5 on LSAC, 3.48 on LSP.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:58 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
I want to know what you are laughing at :P


r6_philly wrote:
Can't afford anything closer because I need 4 BRs. I am not in at SLS yet so this is a bit premature. I commuted daily on bikes for a few years, I am confident I can make 10 miles in 20-25 minutes even if the roads are turned into parking lots because there is no traffic when you are on a bike.


And my index is 3.5 on LSAC, 3.48 on LSP.


Well it's true. I think people who were arguing about traffic don't really have a real idea of what it's like to get around on a bike. I used to "commute" 65 miles between North Jersey and Philly in about 30-40 minutes :shock: in my stupider youth...

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:00 pm

whathojeeves wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
aesis wrote:Question is ... what is competitive at SLS?


You tell me and I will get right on it!


+100


Well, i'd say at 25ths and up is competitive? non-URM

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:01 pm

Knock wrote:Well, i'd say at 25ths and up is competitive? non-URM


So waiting for a long time while being competitive is not good?

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:03 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Knock wrote:Well, i'd say at 25ths and up is competitive? non-URM


So waiting for a long time while being competitive is not good?


Not necessarily. Who knows how they work, ya know? Obviously it would be better to hear back sooner, and if we were autoadmits, we would've. We're likely in the big borderline stack ;).

User avatar
whathojeeves
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby whathojeeves » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:03 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Knock wrote:Well, i'd say at 25ths and up is competitive? non-URM


So waiting for a long time while being competitive is not good?


On the one hand, that makes logical sense. On the other hand, I'm going to hope that no news could still potentially result in good news.

My eternal internal realist is in a fistfight with my H/S-induced internal optimist.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:04 pm

Knock wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Knock wrote:Well, i'd say at 25ths and up is competitive? non-URM


So waiting for a long time while being competitive is not good?


Not necessarily. Who knows how they work, ya know? Obviously it would be better to hear back sooner, and if we were autoadmits, we would've. We're likely in the big borderline stack ;).


Oh the mercy! I can't believe how much I have grown to care about this school. I don't quite feel the same about the other decisions, never did. But this one has really, really grown on me.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:05 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Knock wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Knock wrote:Well, i'd say at 25ths and up is competitive? non-URM


So waiting for a long time while being competitive is not good?


Not necessarily. Who knows how they work, ya know? Obviously it would be better to hear back sooner, and if we were autoadmits, we would've. We're likely in the big borderline stack ;).


Oh the mercy! I can't believe how much I have grown to care about this school. I don't quite feel the same about the other decisions, never did. But this one has really, really grown on me.


+1

Also, new blog entry! Not Faye, but a 1L blogger.

User avatar
CosmoLaw
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby CosmoLaw » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:06 pm

I think Stanford just does that to you...

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:06 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Knock wrote:
r6_philly wrote:So waiting for a long time while being competitive is not good?


Not necessarily. Who knows how they work, ya know? Obviously it would be better to hear back sooner, and if we were autoadmits, we would've. We're likely in the big borderline stack ;).


Oh the mercy! I can't believe how much I have grown to care about this school. I don't quite feel the same about the other decisions, never did. But this one has really, really grown on me.


+1

Also, new blog entry! Not Faye, but a 1L blogger.


:lol:. Well put Philly. Us 3 are crazy love-struck fools.

dabears1
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:41 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby dabears1 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:07 pm

I think I want my future children to go to Stanford. There's no hope for me, but I pledge to someday live vicariously through my children as they frolic all along these Stanford grounds.

User avatar
whathojeeves
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby whathojeeves » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:08 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:Also, new blog entry! Not Faye, but a 1L blogger.


Dear Jake,

Your blog entry would have been a lot more meaningful for us if you had included a link to your LSN profile, and a pdf of your PS.

Thanks,

Stanford Class of 2014 TLS Boards

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:08 pm

dabears1 wrote:I think I want my future children to go to Stanford. There's no hope for me, but I pledge to someday live vicariously through my children as they frolic all along these Stanford grounds.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:. It depends though, if I go to B, S will be my rival.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:10 pm

dabears1 wrote:I think I want my future children to go to Stanford. There's no hope for me, but I pledge to someday live vicariously through my children as they frolic all along these Stanford grounds.


I want to go to Stanford so my kids can choose to be legacies at same-ranked schools across the continent :lol: See it just makes too much sense!

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:11 pm

Just to add, I wouldn't want my kids to go to B, so if I don't get Stanford, they are stuck at Penn. :lol:

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:12 pm

whathojeeves wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:Also, new blog entry! Not Faye, but a 1L blogger.


Dear Jake,

Your blog entry would have been a lot more meaningful for us if you had included a link to your LSN profile, and a pdf of your PS.

Thanks,

Stanford Class of 2014 TLS Boards


See, we are completely well adjusted people.

User avatar
whathojeeves
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby whathojeeves » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:15 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
whathojeeves wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:Also, new blog entry! Not Faye, but a 1L blogger.


Dear Jake,

Your blog entry would have been a lot more meaningful for us if you had included a link to your LSN profile, and a pdf of your PS.

Thanks,

Stanford Class of 2014 TLS Boards


See, we are completely well adjusted people.


My mother asked me yesterday (as all my mail comes to my parents) if she should be on the lookout for a red envelope, as having been put on purple envelope watch for NYU she now assumes that all schools color-match them.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:18 pm

whathojeeves wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
whathojeeves wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:Also, new blog entry! Not Faye, but a 1L blogger.


Dear Jake,

Your blog entry would have been a lot more meaningful for us if you had included a link to your LSN profile, and a pdf of your PS.

Thanks,

Stanford Class of 2014 TLS Boards


See, we are completely well adjusted people.


My mother asked me yesterday (as all my mail comes to my parents) if she should be on the lookout for a red envelope, as having been put on purple envelope watch for NYU she now assumes that all schools color-match them.


Tell her to install a red phone just to be safe.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:19 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
whathojeeves wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:Also, new blog entry! Not Faye, but a 1L blogger.


Dear Jake,

Your blog entry would have been a lot more meaningful for us if you had included a link to your LSN profile, and a pdf of your PS.

Thanks,

Stanford Class of 2014 TLS Boards


See, we are completely well adjusted people.


Haha, I was just curious when he got in.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: applicationquestions, Exabot [Bot], premalone and 19 guests