Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Knock

Platinum

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Post by Knock » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:44 pm

Raramuri415 wrote:
Knock wrote:
Raramuri415 wrote:Has anyone sent them an additional essay directly to the general email account? Do they typically reply with a confirmation email?
Additional essay?
An addendum in my case.
Ah, then I think you're fine sending it to the admissions email account, and I do believe they reply with a confirmation email. I'm not speaking from personal experience, so please correct me if i'm wrong.

gbpackerbacker

Silver

Post by gbpackerbacker » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:48 pm

Knock wrote:
Raramuri415 wrote:
Knock wrote:
Raramuri415 wrote:Has anyone sent them an additional essay directly to the general email account? Do they typically reply with a confirmation email?
Additional essay?
An addendum in my case.
Ah, then I think you're fine sending it to the admissions email account, and I do believe they reply with a confirmation email. I'm not speaking from personal experience, so please correct me if i'm wrong.
From personal experience, this is correct.

Raramuri415

New

Post by Raramuri415 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:03 pm

Additional essay?[/quote]

An addendum in my case.[/quote]

Ah, then I think you're fine sending it to the admissions email account, and I do believe they reply with a confirmation email. I'm not speaking from personal experience, so please correct me if i'm wrong.[/quote]
From personal experience, this is correct.[/quote]

Thanks guys.

Edit: Formatting fail.

tomwatts

Gold

Post by tomwatts » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:34 pm

Just in case anyone's curious, the weather was BEAUTIFUL at Stanford today. A little hot and stuffy in my car with the windows up, but just right when I stepped outside. (Well, not at Stanford; in Woodside, just up Sand Hill Road from campus. Was meeting with a tutoring student there.)

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:36 pm

tomwatts wrote:Just in case anyone's curious, the weather was BEAUTIFUL at Stanford today. A little hot and stuffy in my car with the windows up, but just right when I stepped outside. (Well, not at Stanford; in Woodside, just up Sand Hill Road from campus. Was meeting with a tutoring student there.)
Yeah, it's been an absolutely gorgeous week or so in California. 70-80 and sunny all week :).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:35 pm

Knock wrote:
Raramuri415 wrote:
Knock wrote:
Additional essay?
An addendum in my case.
I sent in a LOCI last week. They have yet to confirm it by email. Maybe I am just the strange one, though.

The Stig

Silver

Post by The Stig » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:39 pm

speaking of LOCI and weather in CA, how about this for an LOCI/Why Berkeley for Cal? :lol:

Why Berkeley

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:40 pm

The Stig wrote:speaking of LOCI and weather in CA, how about this for an LOCI/Why Berkeley for Cal? :lol:

Why Berkeley
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

glitched

Silver

Post by glitched » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:54 pm

The Stig wrote:speaking of LOCI and weather in CA, how about this for an LOCI/Why Berkeley for Cal Stanford? :lol:

Why BerkeleyWhy Stanford
loll

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

chasgoose

Silver

Post by chasgoose » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:09 pm

So I finally received my status checker (I applied right after the December LSAT results) and when I logged on it said my file was submitted for review. Does that mean something or is that just SLS's way of saying file complete (like UVA or Berkeley, for example).

c_dubya_s

Silver

Post by c_dubya_s » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:50 pm

chasgoose wrote:So I finally received my status checker (I applied right after the December LSAT results) and when I logged on it said my file was submitted for review. Does that mean something or is that just SLS's way of saying file complete (like UVA or Berkeley, for example).
I believe that's the final stage before a decision. Don't get your hopes up for a decision anytime soon though...SLS can take a few months.

rundoxierun

Gold

Post by rundoxierun » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:55 pm

Stanford needs to make my decision soon.. SO is currently in a good mood but that will end on the 31st when she goes back to school. This may be my last chance to tell her I got accepted w/o it triggering a massive argument.

Fate

New

Post by Fate » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:58 pm

tkgrrett wrote:Stanford needs to make my decision soon.. SO is currently in a good mood but that will end on the 31st when she goes back to school. This may be my last chance to tell her I got accepted w/o it triggering a massive argument.

Why would it trigger a massive argument?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

rundoxierun

Gold

Post by rundoxierun » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:01 am

Fate wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:Stanford needs to make my decision soon.. SO is currently in a good mood but that will end on the 31st when she goes back to school. This may be my last chance to tell her I got accepted w/o it triggering a massive argument.

Why would it trigger a massive argument?
Combination of SO being worried about finding a job in Cali b/c of the crisis, expectation of long commutes to San Fran or San Jose, and the fact that she would rather I be in Chicago/NYC/Boston to be closer to her friends.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:24 am

tkgrrett wrote: Combination of SO being worried about finding a job in Cali b/c of the crisis, expectation of long commutes to San Fran or San Jose, and the fact that she would rather I be in Chicago/NYC/Boston to be closer to her friends.
I hate to say it, but you probably won't win that argument. So maybe Harvard or Hamilton for you? All great options though.

dbrddr

Bronze

Post by dbrddr » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:52 am

I was politely nudging my SO to apply to Stanford's Dept. of X for the longest time, but she was pretty insistent that it just wasn't a good fit for her. It's all good.

Best of luck to you, tk!

NikaneOkie

Bronze

Post by NikaneOkie » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:59 am

Yes and Yes. They responded to me in a couple hours. I was admitted 24 hours after that though so the essays may have had/really, very likely had nothing to do with it.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:17 am

Wow, seems like people do get responses to their additions...maybe I should shoot them an email to confirm they received my LOCI?

ExpectLess

Bronze

Post by ExpectLess » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:26 am

cardinals1989 wrote:Wow, seems like people do get responses to their additions...maybe I should shoot them an email to confirm they received my LOCI?
I didn't receive confirmation either. (Hopefully that doesn't mean they saw the email, looked up the name, and then tossed aside the LOCI. :P )

Lovely Ludwig Van

Bronze

Post by Lovely Ludwig Van » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:33 am

Wait, forgive me for being a n00b here, but are we expected, as non-decidees, to send a LOCI if we've been waiting for a long time since SR?

whathojeeves

Bronze

Post by whathojeeves » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:45 pm

Lovely Ludwig Van wrote:Wait, forgive me for being a n00b here, but are we expected, as non-decidees, to send a LOCI if we've been waiting for a long time since SR?
I think it is a much more common thing on TLS than in the "general population." Dean Deal did say on her blog that this is a good opportunity to update your file, and we are all huge Deal-stalkers.

Sidenote: How is Stanford on Page 2? BLASPHEMY!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:56 pm

whathojeeves wrote: Sidenote: How is Stanford on Page 2? BLASPHEMY!
That's because we are slowly coming to the realization that we are not auto-admits and will not hear for a while. It was lovely to hope though, however unrealistic it might have been.

How many of your sent LOCIs and how many wrote about anything other than your undying love? Trying to figure out if a Stanford is the best school for me sort of thing will ever get looked at lol

whathojeeves

Bronze

Post by whathojeeves » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:57 pm

r6_philly wrote:
That's because we are slowly coming to the realization that we are not auto-admits and will not hear for a while. It was lovely to hope though, however unrealistic it might have been.

How many of your sent LOCIs and how many wrote about anything other than your undying love? Trying to figure out if a Stanford is the best school for me sort of thing will ever get looked at lol
I sent one and wrote largely about my undying love, threw in a few new facts but nothing substantial like a grade update. We'll see.

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:32 pm

whathojeeves wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

I sent one and wrote largely about my undying love, threw in a few new facts but nothing substantial like a grade update. We'll see.
My LOCI was also mostly a Why Stanford with little in the way of major updates, although I did send them a transcript update and a new LOR.

whathojeeves

Bronze

Post by whathojeeves » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:32 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
whathojeeves wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

My LOCI was also mostly a Why Stanford with little in the way of major updates, although I did send them a transcript update and a new LOR.
Oh right. I did a new LOR too. Almost forgot.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”