Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Knock

Platinum

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Post by Knock » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:12 pm

The Stig wrote:
Knock wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
Knock wrote:Yay! my GPA went up! if I finish up my last few classes with straight A's, I might be at/over SLS' median GPA. If I don't get in I might try again with a (hopefully) shiny new GPA :mrgreen:.
:OOO you'd re-apply after a Boalt & UMich acceptance for Stanford when it's not even a sure bet that you'd get in? I admire your intestinal fortitude.
Ha, it's far from a done deal. Plus some might call it less nice things than "intestinal fortitude".. like "stupidity" :P. But people in love often do dumb things :oops:.
^no pun intended? :lol:
Freudian slip! guess my subconscious love for SLS has finally been brought out into the open :lol:

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:20 pm

Knock wrote:
Freudian slip! guess my subconscious love for SLS has finally been brought out into the open :lol:
I am pretty sure that happened quite awhile ago. :P

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:48 pm

Knock wrote:
Ha, it's far from a done deal. Plus some might call it less nice things than "intestinal fortitude".. like "stupidity" :P. But people in love often do dumb things :oops:.
Transfer!!! :wink:

Excellence = a Habit

Silver

Post by Excellence = a Habit » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:53 pm

Knock wrote:Yay! my GPA went up! if I finish up my last few classes with straight A's, I might be at/over SLS' median GPA. If I don't get in I might try again with a (hopefully) shiny new GPA :mrgreen:.
Habit: CONGRATS KNOCK! Shiny GPA!

Knock: What are you doing in this thread. You are not applying to Stanford.

Habit: Just stalking your prospects at Stanford since it's obvi your dream and trying to repay some karma from the Boalt thread.

Knock: Okay right on!
:mrgreen:

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:51 am

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
Habit: CONGRATS KNOCK! Shiny GPA!

Knock: What are you doing in this thread. You are not applying to Stanford.

Habit: Just stalking your prospects at Stanford since it's obvi your dream and trying to repay some karma from the Boalt thread.

Knock: Okay right on!
:mrgreen:
Aww, thanks Habit <3 <3 <3

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:03 am

Knock, I am counting on your predictions for today. I trust your info since you have been at work on those deals.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:05 am

cardinals1989 wrote:Knock, I am counting on your predictions for today. I trust your info since you have been at work on those deals.
Cardinal, negotiating is an art, not a science. Have patience my friend.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:32 am

I feel good about today.

The Real Jack McCoy

Bronze

Post by The Real Jack McCoy » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:19 am

How long should I be under review before I start hovering over my phone and checking this thread to find out when calls are being made?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

s0ph1e2007

Silver

Post by s0ph1e2007 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:57 pm

Dear Faye Deal,
I bet you didn't know this but I love your school, and I think you're amazing. And I would like to apply to be your new best friend. Do you like me too?

Check yes or no

Also, my GPA went up .04... will that be significant?

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:01 pm

The Real Jack McCoy wrote:How long should I be under review before I start hovering over my phone and checking this thread to find out when calls are being made?
Depends on your #sss

kazu

Gold

Post by kazu » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:03 pm

thecilent wrote:
The Real Jack McCoy wrote:How long should I be under review before I start hovering over my phone and checking this thread to find out when calls are being made?
Depends on your #sss
Nah, I think for SLS softs are more important. Their #s are relatively pretty low compared to their peers. (GPA is about the same, LSAT is a few points lower)

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:07 pm

kazu wrote:
thecilent wrote:
Depends on your #sss
Nah, I think for SLS softs are more important. Their #s are relatively pretty low compared to their peers. (GPA is about the same, LSAT is a few points lower)
<--- have softs will travel

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

stheskier

New

Post by stheskier » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:15 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:Dear Faye Deal,
I bet you didn't know this but I love your school, and I think you're amazing. And I would like to apply to be your new best friend. Do you like me too?

Check yes or no

And I thought I was obsessive.

obrienfa

Bronze

Post by obrienfa » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:17 pm

r6_philly wrote:
kazu wrote:
thecilent wrote:
Depends on your #sss
<--- have softs will travel
+1

lzyovrachievr

Gold

Post by lzyovrachievr » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:35 pm

Your file has been submitted for review.
Current Status Date: 12/14/2010

Finally. And, oh crap.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:42 pm

lzyovrachievr wrote:Your file has been submitted for review.

Finally. And, oh crap.
Good luck Lzy!!!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:07 pm

Knock wrote:
lzyovrachievr wrote:Your file has been submitted for review.

Finally. And, oh crap.
Good luck Lzy!!!!

lzyovrachievr

Gold

Post by lzyovrachievr » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:49 pm

eskimo wrote:
Knock wrote:
Good luck Lzy!!!!
Right back atcha. <3

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:38 pm

So, guys, ignoring the fact that most of us are still waiting for a call, I figured we could talk about stuff related to actually going to Stanford.

Do you think that you would stay in Munger if accepted, or live off campus? I was pretty set on being off campus no matter where I went before, but after looking at the furnishings for Munger, I am pretty sure I would stay there now. Plus it feeds my laziness in not havigngto move furniture across the country.

The Stig

Silver

Post by The Stig » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:46 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:So, guys, ignoring the fact that most of us are still waiting for a call, I figured we could talk about stuff related to actually going to Stanford.

Do you think that you would stay in Munger if accepted, or live off campus? I was pretty set on being off campus no matter where I went before, but after looking at the furnishings for Munger, I am pretty sure I would stay there now. Plus it feeds my laziness in not havigngto move furniture across the country.
Same situation here (was thinking off-campus, but now thinking res halls)...if any of you haven't seen it, click here and then on "Photo Slideshow" on the right hand side! It looks awesome.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:49 pm

The Stig wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:So, guys, ignoring the fact that most of us are still waiting for a call, I figured we could talk about stuff related to actually going to Stanford.

Same situation here (was thinking off-campus, but now thinking res halls)...if any of you haven't seen it, click here and then on "Photo Slideshow" on the right hand side! It looks awesome.
Yeah, I have seen those photos. The furniture and TVs etc is all so nice. I would be willing to pay the extra just because I could never put all that together myself. Plus, from the descriptions, it doesn't seem very dormitory-style (I may be wrong). Which is awesome, because I am very tired of standard dorms.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:05 pm

Putting the wagon before the horse here! I'd be willing to consider going back to roaming around the grounds all night if I get admitted.

obrienfa

Bronze

Post by obrienfa » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:06 pm

Those look so nice. Def a possibility for me when Stanford comes knocking. Love that they have one bedroom options as well.

whathojeeves

Bronze

Post by whathojeeves » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:10 pm

r6_philly wrote:Putting the wagon before the horse here! I'd be willing to consider going back to roaming around the grounds all night if I get admitted.
+1

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”