Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
r6_philly

Diamond

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Post by r6_philly » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:06 pm

Good call to clarify that. I was assuming one wouldn't send a LOCI that is in less quality than the application.

The Stig

Silver

Post by The Stig » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:11 pm

r6_philly wrote:Good call to clarify that. I was assuming one wouldn't send a LOCI that is in less quality than the application.
A good assumption considering they are on TLS with us :lol: 8) 8)

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:15 pm

r6_philly wrote:Good call to clarify that. I was assuming one wouldn't send a LOCI that is in less quality than the application.
Uncalled for assumption. You went for the sucker choice. :mrgreen:

rundoxierun

Gold

Post by rundoxierun » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:49 am

I think the world is trying to tell me that SLS is not in the cards.. got caught in the midwest snow/ice storm and lost my phone in the snow somewhere.. then got back home and my laptop will no longer start.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:50 am

tkgrrett wrote:I think the world is trying to tell me that SLS is not in the cards.. got caught in the midwest snow/ice storm and lost my phone in the snow somewhere.. then got back home and my laptop will no longer start.
Or maybe it's a hint that you need to be in warmer climate. I take my 3 falls in the ice/snow as such.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:53 am

r6_philly wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:I think the world is trying to tell me that SLS is not in the cards.. got caught in the midwest snow/ice storm and lost my phone in the snow somewhere.. then got back home and my laptop will no longer start.
Or maybe it's a hint that you need to be in warmer climate. I take my 3 falls in the ice/snow as such.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Tomorrow's the big day! Hold on to your scarves!!!

rundoxierun

Gold

Post by rundoxierun » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:57 am

cardinals1989 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

Yeah.. Im waking up at like 8 am to go get a new sim card for my backup smartphone just in case. The its time to go spend $1700 on a new laptop :(

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:58 am

tkgrrett wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

Yeah.. Im waking up at like 8 am to go get a new sim card for my backup smartphone just in case. The its time to go spend $1700 on a new laptop :(
GREAT. Now Dean Deal won't catch you off guard when she calls you!!!

/hope

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:59 am

tkgrrett wrote:
You can probably get that fixed. If not, then take it as a chance to get yourself a new computer. I had to buy a mac book pro because I had to use a mac for my new job. Great...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:01 am

cardinals1989 wrote: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Don't get my hopes up please.

rundoxierun

Gold

Post by rundoxierun » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:03 am

r6_philly wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:
You can probably get that fixed. If not, then take it as a chance to get yourself a new computer. I had to buy a mac book pro because I had to use a mac for my new job. Great...
ehh it just isnt worth the time/parts to fix it. My deceased laptop is the original macbook (so like 6 years old) and has been through a lot. Im pretty sure Im getting the 15.4" inch macbook pro. I would prefer the 13.3" but I also want the discrete gpu.

arism87

Silver

Post by arism87 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:05 am

tkgrrett wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:
ehh it just isnt worth the time/parts to fix it. My deceased laptop is the original macbook (so like 6 years old) and has been through a lot. Im pretty sure Im getting the 15.4" inch macbook pro. I would prefer the 13.3" but I also want the discrete gpu.

What's that? (clearly know nothing about computers) I'm gonna get a pro but I'm waiting til they start running the student deal

rundoxierun

Gold

Post by rundoxierun » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:09 am

arism87 wrote:
tkgrrett wrote: ehh it just isnt worth the time/parts to fix it. My deceased laptop is the original macbook (so like 6 years old) and has been through a lot. Im pretty sure Im getting the 15.4" inch macbook pro. I would prefer the 13.3" but I also want the discrete gpu.

What's that? (clearly know nothing about computers) I'm gonna get a pro but I'm waiting til they start running the student deal
basically means the gpu doesnt share ram with the rest of the system (has its own set of graphics specific ram). The 13.3" have integrated graphics w/ shared ram. There are also a bunch of other inefficiencies w/ integrated graphics but that could get techy. Basically, integrated graphics just wont cut it in the near future.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:13 am

r6_philly wrote:

BUT..if we keep saying it, we have to be right one day?!?!?!?!

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:16 am

cardinals1989 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

BUT..if we keep saying it, we have to be right one day?!?!?!?!
...that bit us in the ass for CLS. That day turned out to be hold day :(

aesis

Bronze

Post by aesis » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:17 am

tkgrrett wrote:
basically means the gpu doesnt share ram with the rest of the system (has its own set of graphics specific ram). The 13.3" have integrated graphics w/ shared ram. There are also a bunch of other inefficiencies w/ integrated graphics but that could get techy. Basically, integrated graphics just wont cut it in the near future.
Sandy Bridge ...

tk, if at all possible, purchase a Sandy Bridge system as your next PC. You'd be missing out hardcore if you went for a $1500+ MBP. Macs won't have it for awhile because Apple is (wack) slow.
Last edited by aesis on Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:21 am

dulcatis wrote:
...that bit us in the ass for CLS. That day turned out to be hold day :(
NONE of that here in SLS world. We all remain optimistic and happy! :D

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

rundoxierun

Gold

Post by rundoxierun » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:33 am

aesis wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:
Sandy Bridge ...

tk, if at all possible, purchase a Sandy Bridge system as your next PC. You'd be missing out hardcore if you went for a $1500+ MBP. Macs won't have it for awhile because Apple is (wack) slow.
Yep.. thats the problem. I only use mac for my personal laptop(not going to get into the debate on why). Ive considered switching back, but at this point I just dont have the time to be the power user that I used to be anyway. Sandy bridge refresh for mac probably wont hit until after the back-to-school specials. I was trying to wait to purchase a new laptop until apple got usb 3.0(LOL) or the equivalent.

But back to the Stanford programming... is this the final decision that most of us are waiting on?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:34 am

tkgrrett wrote:
arism87 wrote:
tkgrrett wrote: ehh it just isnt worth the time/parts to fix it. My deceased laptop is the original macbook (so like 6 years old) and has been through a lot. Im pretty sure Im getting the 15.4" inch macbook pro. I would prefer the 13.3" but I also want the discrete gpu.

I have the 15 inch. Make sure to get the SSD.

BTW when the standalone graphic is on, battery life is about 2-3 hours at best. Integrated graphics 5-6 hours. Flash uses the standalone graphic all the time. I put a fish tank widget on dashboard and my battery life was crap.

SLS2011

New

Post by SLS2011 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:36 am

Question: do people get an e-mail when they become DLS?

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:37 am

tkgrrett wrote:
But back to the Stanford programming... is this the final decision that most of us are waiting on?
Stanford, Harvard, Berkeley, and Yale. The last two I am turning in really late, so that is not a problem.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:38 am

cardinals1989 wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:
Stanford, Harvard, Berkeley, and Yale. The last two I am turning in really late, so that is not a problem.
HYS + NYU

Then $$$.

aesis

Bronze

Post by aesis » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:50 am

cardinals1989 wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:
Harvard, SLS, NYU, CLS, Penn. Haven't applied to Yale yet. My cycle's less than a month old though.

gatorgirl4life

Bronze

Post by gatorgirl4life » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:30 am

aesis wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:
Harvard, SLS, NYU, CLS, Penn. Haven't applied to Yale yet. My cycle's less than a month old though.
I'm waiting on SLS, Harvard, and CLS (held at H and C). i really wasn't expecting my cycle to go as well as it has so far, so i'm pretty happy. :D

buttt Stanford is my #1...even though i applied really late (form B arghhh) and didn't have targetted LORs (it took 3 months for LSAC to receive my 2nd LOR and i was over LOR drama). does anyone know much damage late apps and a lack of targetted LORs generally cause at Stanford? i'm scaredddd. :(

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:51 am

This thread has taken a sad turn. =(

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”