Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Knock

Platinum

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Post by Knock » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:42 pm

The Stig wrote:
Knock wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:1 final down 2 more and 2 pages of a paper to go... come on Stanford give me some happiness to make up for my inability to find a crappy job.
Done with all my finals. C'mon S, return my love :P.
So jealous that you guys are done/almost done...i'm not done until the 21st :roll:
Wow, that's really late! Good luck Stig :D.

Confused7

Silver

Post by Confused7 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:44 pm

The Stig wrote:
Knock wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:1 final down 2 more and 2 pages of a paper to go... come on Stanford give me some happiness to make up for my inability to find a crappy job.
So jealous that you guys are done/almost done...i'm not done until the 21st :roll:
Same here! Haven't even started as a matter of fact.

rundoxierun

Gold

Post by rundoxierun » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:48 pm

The Stig wrote:
Knock wrote:
Yea that does kind of suck.. Im done next thursday and I graduate next saturday.

aimee

New

Post by aimee » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:07 pm

tkgrrett wrote:
The Stig wrote:
Knock wrote:
Yea that does kind of suck.. Im done next thursday and I graduate next saturday.
Good luck! I have been working for 6 years since I graduated with my second Master's Degree. No finals, but no breaks either...

sarahh

Silver

Post by sarahh » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:11 pm

The Stig wrote:
Knock wrote:
When I was an UG, our semester was not over until January. I had to write papers and study over Christmas break. So sadistic.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rundoxierun

Gold

Post by rundoxierun » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:12 pm

ehh.. so its 2 pm eastern...

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:13 pm

The Stig wrote:
Knock wrote:
Ouch. Well, at least you have an S acceptance to get you through the time. I'll be taking exams until the 18th too.

PS-Knock, if you do make a deal with Dean Deal, let me know what it is. I am up for anything. :D

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:15 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
The Stig wrote:
Knock wrote:
Ouch. Well, at least you have an S acceptance to get you through the time. I'll be taking exams until the 18th too.

PS-Knock, if you do make a deal with Dean Deal, let me know what it is. I am up for anything. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:. I will definitely let you guys know :P.

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:20 pm

Knock wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
I'll pretend like I wasn't being serious.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lakerfanimal

Bronze

Post by lakerfanimal » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:46 pm

Knock wrote:

Dude just because of your picture, I think I'm officially rooting for you to get in more than I am myself hahaha.

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:24 pm

Looks like there will be no more phone calls this week (unless Dean Deal decides to make some people have some REALLY happy Friday nights). Do you guys think that she will call anymore next week? I know she did las year, but I haven't really researched into how many were admitted numbers-wise the first week last year.

mrmangs

Silver

Post by mrmangs » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:33 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:Looks like there will be no more phone calls this week (unless Dean Deal decides to make some people have some REALLY happy Friday nights). Do you guys think that she will call anymore next week? I know she did las year, but I haven't really researched into how many were admitted numbers-wise the first week last year.
Knock, you're terrible at making deals. :P

tomwatts

Gold

Post by tomwatts » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:34 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:Do you guys think that she will call anymore next week? I know she did las year, but I haven't really researched into how many were admitted numbers-wise the first week last year.
LSN shows a decent number of admits over the next week, clearing through some late October through mid-November completion dates, mostly (though there were a bunch of November completes who got admitted in January, too, and another bunch in March/April). Mostly the earlier admits in December were people with stellar numbers (175+ LSAT, 3.9+ GPA), but many with stellar numbers got pushed back and the occasional slightly lower number got in then, too. So some people will hear next week, although who will hear then and who will hear next month (or two months later) is anyone's guess.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

stheskier

New

Post by stheskier » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:52 pm

You know in the movie Billy Madison when the kid is dancing on top of the desk? I am doing that right now.
I got my status checker code and am already in review! I might not have much of a chance, but I am still excited. :D

s0ph1e2007

Silver

Post by s0ph1e2007 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:06 pm

stheskier wrote:You know in the movie Billy Madison when the kid is dancing on top of the desk? I am doing that right now.
I got my status checker code and am already in review! I might not have much of a chance, but I am still excited. :D
Congrats on that :) I'm still waiting for them to update me to complete :/

mtrl

New

Post by mtrl » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:33 pm

So how exactly do SLS admissions work? Received -> UR -> Complete -> Decision? Can you get a decision once you've gone UR or do you need to be complete first?

stheskier

New

Post by stheskier » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:36 pm

mtrl wrote:So how exactly do SLS admissions work? Received -> UR -> Complete -> Decision? Can you get a decision once you've gone UR or do you need to be complete first?
I am not sure about most, but I went complete and under review on the same day.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

daisyduke

Bronze

Post by daisyduke » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:37 pm

mtrl wrote:So how exactly do SLS admissions work? Received -> UR -> Complete -> Decision? Can you get a decision once you've gone UR or do you need to be complete first?

UR is after complete. I don't think there is any school where Complete is after UR. Some are missing one or the other.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:38 pm

Received -> Complete -> Submitted for Review -> Wait an undetermined period between 1 and 12 months -> Decision

mtrl

New

Post by mtrl » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:29 pm

daisyduke wrote:

UR is after complete. I don't think there is any school where Complete is after UR. Some are missing one or the other.
Heh, I guess my only status-tracking experience has been with HLS, where Complete can come anywhere in the process (but often happens post-JR1 and after UR).

Thanks for all your help! :)

daisyduke

Bronze

Post by daisyduke » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:00 pm

mtrl wrote:
daisyduke wrote:

Heh, I guess my only status-tracking experience has been with HLS, where Complete can come anywhere in the process (but often happens post-JR1 and after UR).

Thanks for all your help! :)
No prob! Yeah, sometimes the Complete emails come at random points in the process, but I think on status checkers it is always before Under Review. Good luck!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

abitaman6363

Bronze

Post by abitaman6363 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:14 pm

I did a quick thread such and couldn't find this. I apologize if it's been discussed elsewhere. Does anyone know roughly the % of people admitted to Harvard who are admitted at Stanford?

rundoxierun

Gold

Post by rundoxierun » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:15 pm

abitaman6363 wrote:I did a quick thread such and couldn't find this. I apologize if it's been discussed elsewhere. Does anyone know roughly the % of people admitted to Harvard who are admitted at Stanford?
The small class size of Stanford make the answer to this question irrelevant. Stanford accepts like 350-400 for like 180-190 spots while Harvard accepts like 870-900 for 550-600 spots. Because of this, even if almost everyone who got into Stanford got into Harvard the % would be like 40% and really would tell you nothing.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:58 pm

abitaman6363 wrote:I did a quick thread such and couldn't find this. I apologize if it's been discussed elsewhere. Does anyone know roughly the % of people admitted to Harvard who are admitted at Stanford?
No clue. Correct me if i'm wrong, but Stanford lets in somewhere around ~350 people, and H lets in somewhere around ~800 people, so there's definitely some overlap, but they definitely have their own distinct preferences for applicants.

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:44 pm

Submitted for review 12/10!
got my status checker too!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”