Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Knock

Platinum

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Post by Knock » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:50 am

cardinals1989 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
I want to know the percentage of posts generated by the 3 of us.
I'm not quite sure I want to know that.
It's one's SDQ (SLS dedication quotient)
On a scale of 0-100, I am 109.7%.
I prefer to think of it in standard deviations. We are like 10 standard deviations above the mean for SLS dedication.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:51 am

Knock wrote:
I prefer to think of it in standard deviations. We are like 10 standard deviations above the mean for SLS dedication.
Better!

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:53 am

r6_philly wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote: On a scale of 0-100, I am 109.7%.
So you are saying, you are 1.097 out of 100?
No. Scale is 0-100%. 109.7%.

I hate math.

culinaryorlawschool

New

Post by culinaryorlawschool » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:02 pm

This has probably been discussed on this board before but I don't know where to look, so...
I've been UR since 11/17 and the date on my status checker hasn't changed. Should I maybe send a LOCI?

Confused7

Silver

Post by Confused7 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:22 pm

culinaryorlawschool wrote:This has probably been discussed on this board before but I don't know where to look, so...
I've been UR since 11/17 and the date on my status checker hasn't changed. Should I maybe send a LOCI?
I sent one recently (UR 11/29) just in case. I don't think there's anything wrong with doing all that you can. Since they seem to send out DLS chronologically, I'd do it as fast as possible. I just sent a LOR to LSAC and it'll be a few days before it shows up on SLS. Here's to hoping I don't see the dreaded DLS before then. :|

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BackToTheOldHouse

Silver

Post by BackToTheOldHouse » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:43 pm

So, please help me out. Here are my dates:

App sent: 12/6
App received email: 12/7
Status checker email: 12/16
App complete & submitted for review: 1/14 (this only happened b/c I called to check on the status of my dean's certificate, which they had on hand)

So, my question is--when should I expect a DLS/phone call? When y'alls are talking about chronological order, what date are you working from (I'm guessing the submitted for review date)?

Thanks, TLS. I lovehate you.

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:46 pm

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:So, please help me out. Here are my dates:

App complete & submitted for review: 1/14 (this only happened b/c I called to check on the status of my dean's certificate, which they had on hand)

So, my question is--when should I expect a DLS/phone call? When y'alls are talking about chronological order, what date are you working from (I'm guessing the submitted for review date)?

We really don't know. You could receive a phone call at any time. However, if you are going to go DLS, it is speculated you will hear once they get to the January admits. To give you some perspective, they have not even reached December yet.

bleedblue

Bronze

Post by bleedblue » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:47 pm

Well going by my predictions. You could hear bad news this week, good news next week, or no news until April. But again, that is just my guess.

BackToTheOldHouse

Silver

Post by BackToTheOldHouse » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:48 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:

We really don't know. You could receive a phone call at any time. However, if you are going to go DLS, it is speculated you will hear once they get to the January admits. To give you some perspective, they have not even reached December yet.
:shock:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:52 pm

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:

Stanford is open about the fact that they take a long time with their decisions. Just to be clear, though, I am pretty sure people from Dec. and Jan. have had acceptances. Just not DLS yet.

BackToTheOldHouse

Silver

Post by BackToTheOldHouse » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:55 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:

Stanford is open about the fact that they take a long time with their decisions. Just to be clear, though, I am pretty sure people from Dec. and Jan. have had acceptances. Just not DLS yet.
Thanks for the info. Also, does the DLS show up in the mailings box, or should I be looking somewhere else when I open the status checker?

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:56 pm

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
Thanks for the info. Also, does the DLS show up in the mailings box, or should I be looking somewhere else when I open the status checker?
From what I have heard, it shows up at the top of the status checker written in that red font. Your decisions date goes blank. The DLS is not in the mailings box.

LegallyBrunette3

New

Post by LegallyBrunette3 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:01 pm

My best guess is that the DLS status will be updated by the end of the week for all of those applicants who went "submitted for review" in November (myself included- 11/30). But then again, who really knows, right? The law school process just cannot be understood no matter how hard one tries!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ebeth

Bronze

Post by ebeth » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:04 pm

cardinals1989 wrote: From what I have heard, it shows up at the top of the status checker written in that red font. Your decisions date goes blank. The DLS is not in the mailings box.
This just sounds so very ominous and bleak. Submitted for review 1/5 here so I'm still feeling safe.

mybrain

New

Post by mybrain » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:13 pm

DLS today (maybe yesterday...not sure)

no phone calls or e-mail whatsoever. Does this mean I was rejected?

sigh...

WhatSarahSaid

Bronze

Post by WhatSarahSaid » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:14 pm

mybrain wrote:DLS today (maybe yesterday...not sure)

sigh...
Seems that way, based on past posts. Sorry :(

Would you mind sharing the last date on your status checker (the "submitted for review" date)?

mybrain

New

Post by mybrain » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:16 pm

WhatSarahSaid wrote:

sigh...

Would you mind sharing the last date on your status checker (the "submitted for review" date)?
submitted for review 11/22

I knew it was a super-reach for me, but still disappointed...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

CosmoLaw

Bronze

Post by CosmoLaw » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:22 pm

mybrain wrote:
WhatSarahSaid wrote:

sigh...

sorry to hear that... so now they're creeping the end of november....one more week I suppose and the first DLS round should be over. I hope

LegallyBrunette3

New

Post by LegallyBrunette3 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:23 pm

CosmoLaw wrote:
mybrain wrote:
WhatSarahSaid wrote:

sigh...

sorry to hear that... so now they're creeping the end of november....one more week I suppose and the first DLS round should be over. I hope
Not necessarily. I doubt they can get through the December and January applicants in one week.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:24 pm

CosmoLaw wrote:
Wouldn't they just go ahead and finish up the pool now that the deadline has passed? I am guessing they get through Feb by March.

CosmoLaw

Bronze

Post by CosmoLaw » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:34 pm

r6_philly wrote:
CosmoLaw wrote:
Wouldn't they just go ahead and finish up the pool now that the deadline has passed? I am guessing they get through Feb by March.
The DLS haven't been going out that long and they've already covered, sept, oct, and this week perhaps nov? Dec and Jan is all that is left, considering that the due date was Feb. 1st. So, I'm obviously just speculating, I presumed that they should need another week (perhaps 2) to complete the 1st round of DLS for ALL applicants. Then continue with the second round of scrutiny for those left standing.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

rs2004

Silver

Post by rs2004 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:39 pm

CosmoLaw wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
CosmoLaw wrote:
The DLS haven't been going out that long and they've already covered, sept, oct, and this week perhaps nov? Dec and Jan is all that is left, considering that the due date was Feb. 1st. So, I'm obviously just speculating, I presumed that they should need another week (perhaps 2) to complete the 1st round of DLS for ALL applicants. Then continue with the second round of scrutiny for those left standing.
yup got a DLS status today, my app was submitted for review 11/22

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:40 pm

Sorry to the new DLS'ers. :(

LegallyBrunette3

New

Post by LegallyBrunette3 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:08 pm

Here is some positive news for today...http://lawschoolnumbers.com/Destined/jd

HowdyYall

Bronze

Post by HowdyYall » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:35 pm

LegallyBrunette3 wrote:Here is some positive news for today...http://lawschoolnumbers.com/Destined/jd
me :) feels unreal; I submitted 1/8 but didnt complete until 2/4 I absolutely didnt expect to hear back until at least late march.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”