Marquette 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jiggatman21
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:12 pm

Re: Marquette 2011 Applicants

Postby jiggatman21 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:14 am

just read last year's waitlist thread, I guess I have lots of waiting ahead of me...anybody have experience with this? congrats to those who got accepted, maybe Ill see u guys in the fall :?

Scottie88
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:55 am

Re: Marquette 2011 Applicants

Postby Scottie88 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:15 am

jiggatman21 wrote:just read last year's waitlist thread, I guess I have lots of waiting ahead of me...anybody have experience with this? congrats to those who got accepted, maybe Ill see u guys in the fall :?


I was waitlisted for the full time program last cycle. Marquette was my top choice so I waited it out all the way until Orientation (Mid August). Sent about 3 LOCI and called when appropriate to let them know how interested I was. I'm hoping this is beneficial to me in this cycle as Im applying part time now due to my job. I would recommened communicating to them that this is your top choice (if it is) and you will attend if offered admission and that may help! Good luck!! :)

Scottie88
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:55 am

Re: Marquette 2011 Applicants

Postby Scottie88 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:55 pm

Waitlisted... for the second cycle in a row. pretty bummed

User avatar
gokickrocks
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:13 pm

Re: Marquette 2011 Applicants

Postby gokickrocks » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:12 pm

Scottie88 wrote:Waitlisted... for the second cycle in a row. pretty bummed


Damn sorry to hear about that.

I got info about my "CheckMarq" and Marquette e-mail today, along with a seasons greetings stamp.

jiggatman21
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:12 pm

Re: Marquette 2011 Applicants

Postby jiggatman21 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:55 am

Well hopefully we still got a shot. I realize how unpredictable the waitlist is now and its discouraging...but it is what it is now and I definitely appreciate the suggestion to follow up and contact admissions! For now I'm just going to be thankful for everything else I have, try to stay positive, and enjoy the holidays. Good luck to everyone else!

User avatar
swilson215
Posts: 1109
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:35 pm

Re: Marquette 2011 Applicants

Postby swilson215 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:07 pm

Never got a letter, but got an email today letting me know that I was in. I applied PT on a whim, so I doubt I'll go, but I'll visit in February (probably) to get a better idea. Weird that I haven't gotten a letter yet.

User avatar
Iceman389
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Marquette 2011 Applicants

Postby Iceman389 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:08 pm

I got an e-mail today as well but no letter even though the e-mail said that I should have recieved that package already

User avatar
swilson215
Posts: 1109
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:35 pm

Re: Marquette 2011 Applicants

Postby swilson215 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:57 am

Email came Thursday, letter came Friday, and then package came today. Anyone have any info about switching from PT to FT?

User avatar
CSCS Trainer
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:37 am

Re: Marquette 2011 Applicants

Postby CSCS Trainer » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:31 pm

Just got an email with the title " A gift for you from Marquette Law School" and was so hoping it was an acceptance.

Too bad it was just a fee waiver :(

It did state the Law School will be entirely closed from Dec 23 - Jan 2, so I hope I received a decision this week.

User avatar
8675309
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:59 pm

Re: Marquette 2011 Applicants

Postby 8675309 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:17 pm

I'm applying to Marquette this cycle. Hopefully, it's not too late. I haven't received my LSAT score from December yet, but I'm hoping it's good enough to get me in. I have a 3.4 with some softs, like being President of French Club and being Secretary of the Law Society. You guys think I'm screwed if I got like a 155?

User avatar
swilson215
Posts: 1109
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:35 pm

Re: Marquette 2011 Applicants

Postby swilson215 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:36 pm

8675309 wrote:I'm applying to Marquette this cycle. Hopefully, it's not too late. I haven't received my LSAT score from December yet, but I'm hoping it's good enough to get me in. I have a 3.4 with some softs, like being President of French Club and being Secretary of the Law Society. You guys think I'm screwed if I got like a 155?


In general people on this board will tell you to automatically retake anywhere under a 165...it's the nature of the TLS beast. Check LSN for people with similar numbers in the past years applying to MU, or try LSP. A quick check of LSN (like, super quick) shows that you probably have an okay (about 50% based on the last three years) shot of getting in.

User avatar
8675309
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:59 pm

Re: Marquette 2011 Applicants

Postby 8675309 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:55 pm

swilson215 wrote:
8675309 wrote:I'm applying to Marquette this cycle. Hopefully, it's not too late. I haven't received my LSAT score from December yet, but I'm hoping it's good enough to get me in. I have a 3.4 with some softs, like being President of French Club and being Secretary of the Law Society. You guys think I'm screwed if I got like a 155?


In general people on this board will tell you to automatically retake anywhere under a 165...it's the nature of the TLS beast. Check LSN for people with similar numbers in the past years applying to MU, or try LSP. A quick check of LSN (like, super quick) shows that you probably have an okay (about 50% based on the last three years) shot of getting in.


Thanks for the help. I'm hoping it's somewhere around 165, but the more I wait, the lower my hopes get. I was PTing 165-170s. But, who knows what the hell happened. I tend to set myself up for the worst.

Scottie88
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:55 am

Re: Marquette 2011 Applicants

Postby Scottie88 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:01 pm

Im not hanging around on Marquette's waitlist like I did last cycle (till Orientation). Im giving them until the first seat deposit then im out!

User avatar
8675309
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:59 pm

Re: Marquette 2011 Applicants

Postby 8675309 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:49 pm

Does anybody know if Marquette takes the highest or average LSAT? I am receiving some conflicting information and was wondering if anyone knew for sure.

User avatar
gokickrocks
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:13 pm

Re: Marquette 2011 Applicants

Postby gokickrocks » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:48 am

8675309 wrote:Does anybody know if Marquette takes the highest or average LSAT? I am receiving some conflicting information and was wondering if anyone knew for sure.


Highest LSAT.

User avatar
mckeeper1
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: Marquette 2011 Applicants

Postby mckeeper1 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:26 pm

Just got back from visiting the new law school. Gorgeous building and the admissions person was super nice and informative. Also seemed very honest in her responses to my questions. I now am going to sit back for the long ride that is the waitlist.

User avatar
irishvt14
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:51 am

Re: Marquette 2011 Applicants

Postby irishvt14 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:18 am

8675309 wrote:Does anybody know if Marquette takes the highest or average LSAT? I am receiving some conflicting information and was wondering if anyone knew for sure.


Highest.

I applied November 15th and got my acceptance November 23rd. Holiday greeting card came in December. They seem so nice! Does anyone know when scholarship info comes out? I want to visit but not before I know about that...

jaydizzle
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: Marquette 2011 Applicants

Postby jaydizzle » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:19 am

irishvt14 wrote:
8675309 wrote:Does anybody know if Marquette takes the highest or average LSAT? I am receiving some conflicting information and was wondering if anyone knew for sure.


Highest.

I applied November 15th and got my acceptance November 23rd. Holiday greeting card came in December. They seem so nice! Does anyone know when scholarship info comes out? I want to visit but not before I know about that...



Same! I want to hear about scholarships really bad. I am worried with my numbers, I might get very little. I heard Marquette is a little stingy with aid.

User avatar
mlbennani
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:18 am

Re: Marquette 2011 Applicants

Postby mlbennani » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:00 pm

In via snail mail (no email). Sooo excited!

legal10101
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:17 pm

Re: Marquette 2011 Applicants

Postby legal10101 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:42 pm

mlbennani wrote:In via snail mail (no email). Sooo excited!


When did you apply/ stats?

Amir N
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:21 pm

Re: Marquette 2011 Applicants

Postby Amir N » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:46 pm

legal10101 wrote:
mlbennani wrote:In via snail mail (no email). Sooo excited!


When did you apply/ stats?


Check her profile, the stats are in there.

User avatar
mlbennani
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:18 am

Re: Marquette 2011 Applicants

Postby mlbennani » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:02 am

legal10101 wrote:
mlbennani wrote:In via snail mail (no email). Sooo excited!


When did you apply/ stats?


OOps sorry!

I applied Dec 6th / 152/3.65

User avatar
mlbennani
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:18 am

Re: Marquette 2011 Applicants

Postby mlbennani » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:10 am

I got the snail mail with acceptance on Jan. 12th. Does anybody know how long after that should I expect the acceptance package? Thx.

User avatar
irishvt14
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:51 am

Re: Marquette 2011 Applicants

Postby irishvt14 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:32 am

mlbennani wrote:I got the snail mail with acceptance on Jan. 12th. Does anybody know how long after that should I expect the acceptance package? Thx.


About a week to a week and a half.

User avatar
CSCS Trainer
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:37 am

Re: Marquette 2011 Applicants

Postby CSCS Trainer » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:55 pm

This is going on the 8th week since I went complete. Their email said I would receive the decision by mail within 8 weeks, so I am hoping to hear this week.?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”