Yale 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Shloime
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:19 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby Shloime » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:42 am

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
If the dean's certs aren't in by the deadline, am I screwed?


No, but your application won't be reviewed until it's received.

This as per Dean Asha's blog, although I can't find it now.

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:47 am

Shloime wrote:
BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
If the dean's certs aren't in by the deadline, am I screwed?


No, but your application won't be reviewed until it's received.

This as per Dean Asha's blog, although I can't find it now.

That's great news. If you find the blog entry, please let me know!

JeNeRegretteRien
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby JeNeRegretteRien » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:00 am

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
Shloime wrote:
BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
If the dean's certs aren't in by the deadline, am I screwed?


No, but your application won't be reviewed until it's received.

This as per Dean Asha's blog, although I can't find it now.

That's great news. If you find the blog entry, please let me know!


Also mentions it on the twitter feed: twitter.com/ylsadmissions

Good luck!

User avatar
LinzerTorte
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby LinzerTorte » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:02 am

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:Congrats to those admitted!

For those just now finishing their apps: have you already supplied your dean's certification? I just submitted my app yesterday and haven't requested my dean's cert yet. I'm going to today.

If the dean's certs aren't in by the deadline, am I screwed?


Also, it could take them a couple weeks to match the cert to your file, if I understand what Asha's blog has said.

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:05 am

JeNeRegretteRien wrote:
BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
Shloime wrote:
BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
If the dean's certs aren't in by the deadline, am I screwed?


No, but your application won't be reviewed until it's received.

This as per Dean Asha's blog, although I can't find it now.

That's great news. If you find the blog entry, please let me know!


Also mentions it on the twitter feed: twitter.com/ylsadmissions

Good luck!


Cool. Found it. Thanks.

User avatar
chrissyc
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:14 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby chrissyc » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:52 pm

Just got my call back after I missed it last night. I'm in! Yessss!!

hoping
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby hoping » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:56 pm

chrissyc wrote:Just got my call back after I missed it last night. I'm in! Yessss!!


congrats!!!!!!!!

eaa1537
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:21 am

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby eaa1537 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:01 pm

congrats to the new admits! SO amazing :D

misspoopers
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:07 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby misspoopers » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:01 pm

chrissyc wrote:Just got my call back after I missed it last night. I'm in! Yessss!!


That's amazing! Take the rest of the day off and go celebrate!

User avatar
CapHillLove
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:58 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby CapHillLove » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:57 pm

Does anyone know if it's possible to get the call before officially going complete (like Harvard)? Or is the complete email a necessary step before the call?

Edit: Nevermind. Just went complete.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby cardinals1989 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:06 pm

I also just went complete. Sent it in on 2/12.

jd20132013
Posts: 997
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby jd20132013 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:30 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:I also just went complete. Sent it in on 2/12.

:shock: :shock: :shock: could i be looking at a completion soon?


Did you (like me) send your dean's certificate well in advance? I feel like that may affect completion.
I sent mine on 2/10 so...

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby cardinals1989 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:35 pm

jd20132013 wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:I also just went complete. Sent it in on 2/12.

:shock: :shock: :shock: could i be looking at a completion soon?


Did you (like me) send your dean's certificate well in advance? I feel like that may affect completion.
I sent mine on 2/10 so...


Actually, I think I turned in my dean's certification on 2/10, right before I sent in my app. My school is very efficient about sending out transcripts and dean's certs.

User avatar
CapHillLove
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:58 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby CapHillLove » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:45 pm

jd20132013 wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:I also just went complete. Sent it in on 2/12.

:shock: :shock: :shock: could i be looking at a completion soon?


Did you (like me) send your dean's certificate well in advance? I feel like that may affect completion.
I sent mine on 2/10 so...


I submitted on 2/12 and sent my deans certificate in probably a week before my application. Not sure what the hold up would be.

jd20132013
Posts: 997
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby jd20132013 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:38 pm

hmm wow getting a little paranoid now. I sent my dean's certificate a while ago.
Actually I sent it twice.

Don't know what the hold up would be...

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby Knock » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:39 pm

jd20132013 wrote:hmm wow getting a little paranoid now. I sent my dean's certificate a while ago.
Actually I sent it twice.

Don't know what the hold up would be...


My dean's cert got lost in the mail, so i'm still not complete even though I sent in my dean's cert in December and my app in by the middle of January :cry:.

jd20132013
Posts: 997
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby jd20132013 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Yeah I sent mine twice because I was paranoid about it getting lost in the mail...then Stanford had put mine somewhere weird, because when i called to ask about it they found it and added it to my file within 5 minutes.
My thing is I don't want to call Yale because it seems like they've snapped at a few people for calling. But since the Dean's cert is separate I don't see how this is supposed to work.
I mean it seems like it could just be sitting in limbo there since they don't have the dean's certificate.

I'm not too concerned but if it gets to like Wednesday and I'm not complete I'll start getting worried. Sad thing is that I wasn't expecting a completion anytime before next week at the earliest, but now that i'm seeing people who submitted around my time go complete...yeah

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby cardinals1989 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:24 pm

Knock wrote:
jd20132013 wrote:hmm wow getting a little paranoid now. I sent my dean's certificate a while ago.
Actually I sent it twice.

Don't know what the hold up would be...


My dean's cert got lost in the mail, so i'm still not complete even though I sent in my dean's cert in December and my app in by the middle of January :cry:.


Poor knock :( .

Damn mail service! :x

ams
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby ams » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:59 pm

Anyone going to be at Columbia, NYU, or Harvard this week? It would be nice to compare notes on our cycles...as if I haven't been analyzing mine enough already!

eaa1537
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:21 am

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby eaa1537 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:33 pm

ams wrote:Anyone going to be at Columbia, NYU, or Harvard this week? It would be nice to compare notes on our cycles...as if I haven't been analyzing mine enough already!

I'm going to be at Columbia and NYU this week, although my cycle is not nearly as exciting or impressive as yours...

juliachild-ish
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby juliachild-ish » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:02 pm

I'm going to be at Harvard this weekend...but secretly I will be holding out hope for a call from Dean Asha (according to last year's thread, she usually does a bunch of acceptance calls during Harvard's March ASW, just for kicks).

ams
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby ams » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:25 am

Yeah, I'm hoping that will happen to me! Or, she can call me at 3 a.m., whatever.

d34d9823
Posts: 1915
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby d34d9823 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:29 am

Just submitted :P

Good luck to all who are months and months ahead of me!

User avatar
aesis
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:26 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby aesis » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:13 am

So why did I put off this 250 for so long? Weeeee.

Hey-O
Posts: 719
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:50 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby Hey-O » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:52 am

aesis wrote:So why did I put off this 250 for so long? Weeeee.


Sadly, I'm in the same boat. Why am I wasting $100 again?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”