Yale 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
lzyovrachievr
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:24 am

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby lzyovrachievr » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:31 pm

r6_philly wrote:Just to add: 40 admits 3 weeks before application deadline?

And more today...

Good luck everyone.

JeNeRegretteRien
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby JeNeRegretteRien » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:41 pm

r6_philly wrote:Just to add: 40 admits 3 weeks before application deadline?


That sounds intuitively right. About this time last year, AR said on the blog that they hadn't filled the class or "even come close." And over the last three years, the sample of YLS admits on LSN has been about 15% of the pool, so 8 LSN data points would be about ~40-50 admits.

Since AR presumptively admits around 60-70, and continues presumptive admits right to the end, and since it stands to reason that faculty review takes longer to complete, and since Yale seems to have started a little later this year (app not available until 10/1, no one's app complete without surprise dean's cert), 40 or 50-ish admits so far seems intuitively right.

[edited for typos, clarity]
Last edited by JeNeRegretteRien on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

JeNeRegretteRien
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby JeNeRegretteRien » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:43 pm

lzyovrachievr wrote:
Good luck everyone.


+1

User avatar
lotus924
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:17 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby lotus924 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:46 pm

The Real Jack McCoy wrote:Might be said up above, but check out the facebook group (Yale Law School 2014) if you want to see who is admitted. Seems like a very healthy number of admits are in the group.



I'm a bit skeptical that this group is for real.

I just requested to join the Harvard Law School Class of 2014 group (closed btw)
and got in without any verification process.

User avatar
dbrddr
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:24 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby dbrddr » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:57 pm

lotus924 wrote:
The Real Jack McCoy wrote:Might be said up above, but check out the facebook group (Yale Law School 2014) if you want to see who is admitted. Seems like a very healthy number of admits are in the group.



I'm a bit skeptical that this group is for real.

I just requested to join the Harvard Law School Class of 2014 group (closed btw)
and got in without any verification process.


an Admissions person is the admin--the group is definitely legit. At least three members aren't 2014 admits (said Admissions person, a current student, and a finaid officer)

User avatar
lotus924
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:17 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby lotus924 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:16 pm

dbrddr wrote:
lotus924 wrote:
The Real Jack McCoy wrote:Might be said up above, but check out the facebook group (Yale Law School 2014) if you want to see who is admitted. Seems like a very healthy number of admits are in the group.



I'm a bit skeptical that this group is for real.

I just requested to join the Harvard Law School Class of 2014 group (closed btw)
and got in without any verification process.


an Admissions person is the admin--the group is definitely legit. At least three members aren't 2014 admits (said Admissions person, a current student, and a finaid officer)


Hey, thanx for the info! :wink:

User avatar
pennyloafer17
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:44 am

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby pennyloafer17 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:19 pm

lotus924 wrote:
The Real Jack McCoy wrote:Might be said up above, but check out the facebook group (Yale Law School 2014) if you want to see who is admitted. Seems like a very healthy number of admits are in the group.



I'm a bit skeptical that this group is for real.

I just requested to join the Harvard Law School Class of 2014 group (closed btw)
and got in without any verification process.



I can verify that an admissions officer runs the group and verifies that you have been admitted before your request to the group is accepted

Edit: Oops I see someone has already mentioned this...sorry

123kl
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby 123kl » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:38 pm

.
Last edited by 123kl on Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
dbrddr
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:24 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby dbrddr » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:02 pm

I single-spaced within each description of an award or activity but double-spaced between them. For example,

4. Significant scholastic honors received
•April 2010: Beavis N. Butthead Endowed Award (presented annually to the LSAT prepper who answered the most questions correctly on the RC passage about fractal geometry)

•April 2009: Lincoln Memorial Award (presented to outstanding Volcanology undergraduates who have demonstrated sufficient devotion to ballistic death geodes)

•I expect to graduate defensor pacis in May 1324.

HTH, and you're certainly free to do whatever suits you best.

123kl
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby 123kl » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:12 pm

dbrddr wrote:I single-spaced within each description of an award or activity but double-spaced between them. For example,

4. Significant scholastic honors received
•April 2010: Beavis N. Butthead Endowed Award (presented annually to the LSAT prepper who answered the most questions correctly on the RC passage about fractal geometry)

•April 2009: Lincoln Memorial Award (presented to outstanding Volcanology undergraduates who have demonstrated sufficient devotion to ballistic death geodes)

•I expect to graduate defensor pacis in May 1324.

HTH, and you're certainly free to do whatever suits you best.


Haha thanks!! (Love the examples, by the way!)

User avatar
pennyloafer17
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:44 am

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby pennyloafer17 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:44 pm

123kl wrote:
dbrddr wrote:I single-spaced within each description of an award or activity but double-spaced between them. For example,

4. Significant scholastic honors received
•April 2010: Beavis N. Butthead Endowed Award (presented annually to the LSAT prepper who answered the most questions correctly on the RC passage about fractal geometry)

•April 2009: Lincoln Memorial Award (presented to outstanding Volcanology undergraduates who have demonstrated sufficient devotion to ballistic death geodes)

•I expect to graduate defensor pacis in May 1324.

HTH, and you're certainly free to do whatever suits you best.


Haha thanks!! (Love the examples, by the way!)



I did the same thing:) Also, I graduated in the spring and I just wrote a brief paragraph about what I have been doing since then...Not too much detail bc they had my resume and WE explanations, but I also added in the fun activities/hobbies I've been involved in as well

User avatar
tgir
Posts: 314
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby tgir » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:42 pm

A new admit on LSN: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/jl8

Not surprisingly, he/she has stellar stats.

User avatar
oxford_don
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:06 am

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby oxford_don » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:45 pm

[]
Last edited by oxford_don on Mon May 12, 2014 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
tgir
Posts: 314
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby tgir » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:46 pm

oxford_don wrote:In!! Got the call this afternoon. So excited.


Oh wow! Mega congrats!

Of course, I have to ask: when did you go complete?

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby Knock » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:46 pm

oxford_don wrote:In!! Got the call this afternoon. So excited.


Congrats Don!!! Not surprised at all :).

User avatar
tgir
Posts: 314
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby tgir » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:47 pm

oxford_don wrote:In!! Got the call this afternoon. So excited.


Oh, and have you given the Yale/Harvard decision any thought yet? I'm always curious to hear what people in that enviable position are thinking.

User avatar
oxford_don
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:06 am

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby oxford_don » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:56 pm

[]
Last edited by oxford_don on Mon May 12, 2014 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby arism87 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:05 pm

I most certainly won't get into EITHER, but if I had to choose, I'd go to Yale in a heartbeat. F that Harvard noise.

Edit: Although, let's be serious, I'd love to go to Harvard.. :)

saldanar
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:11 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby saldanar » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:31 pm

ACCEPTED INTO YALE LAW!

got the call earlier today. this is just unbelievable. :)

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby Knock » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:32 pm

saldanar wrote:ACCEPTED INTO YALE LAW!

got the call earlier today. this is just unbelievable. :)


Congrats! #'s?

JeNeRegretteRien
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby JeNeRegretteRien » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:37 pm

Knock wrote:
saldanar wrote:ACCEPTED INTO YALE LAW!

got the call earlier today. this is just unbelievable. :)


Congrats! #'s?


Congrats! Complete date?

saldanar
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:11 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby saldanar » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:43 pm

I received the complete email on Nov. 22nd.

howdy22
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:43 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby howdy22 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:59 pm

...
Last edited by howdy22 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

JeNeRegretteRien
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby JeNeRegretteRien » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:03 am

...
[edited for privacy]
Last edited by JeNeRegretteRien on Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

saldanar
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:11 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby saldanar » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:09 am

.
Last edited by saldanar on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hammy393, Long shot hero, nubcs, PDX4343, Yahoo [Bot] and 12 guests