cucullu wrote:A while back Yale communicated that they would have decisions out by late March/early April. That said, is there anything to be gained/lost (perhaps by being annoying) in notifying Yale of an upcoming (April 15) scholarship decision deadline?
Yes, I would have to withdraw all my other acceptances and applications. (And how can you withdraw from Yale without KNOWING?)
If the consensus is to go for it, then is the preferred method e-mail or hard copy letter? Thanks in advance Team Yale.
Have you asked the other school to extend its deadline? I think people have done this successfully before. Personally, I think scholarship deadlines should just be the same everywhere, but I don't make the rules...I think on Asha's blog it says something like you are welcome to let them know if you have a looming scholarship deadline, and they will put a note of that in your file. But that doesn't necessarily mean they will be able to render a decision faster. They might be able to notify you faster, maybe by emailing you immediately rather than waiting until the next day to call you. If you look in the blog you should find this somewhere.