Yale 2011 applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
The Real Jack McCoy

Bronze

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Post by The Real Jack McCoy » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:14 pm

Facebook group stalking is where it is at. 1 new member very recently though I just started checking. Might not be one of the calls yet, but if we see a couple more trickle in I think ew can say calls are out.

dueprocess14

Bronze

Post by dueprocess14 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:21 pm

The Real Jack McCoy wrote:Facebook group stalking is where it is at. 1 new member very recently though I just started checking. Might not be one of the calls yet, but if we see a couple more trickle in I think ew can say calls are out.
Hey folks. Because I have a good friend who's waiting to hear, I've been paying a bit more attention to this. Because they were on break last week and the one person added to the group came around the same time as their twitter update, I'm guessing this is a holdover from before the break, not the first of a new wave (esp. since I think there would be more than just one person who was admitted and wanted to join the group). Usually they do the calls in the late afternoon/early evening, so I think there's probably still a few more hours to go. Good luck!

Keeper1125

New

Post by Keeper1125 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:25 pm

The Real Jack McCoy wrote:Facebook group stalking is where it is at. 1 new member very recently though I just started checking. Might not be one of the calls yet, but if we see a couple more trickle in I think ew can say calls are out.
Good call. You can also check twitter for "yale law" and ctrl+f for a few exclamation points. That's obviously much less reliable, though.

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:25 pm

Keeper1125 wrote:
Good call. You can also check twitter for "yale law" and ctrl+f for a few exclamation points. That's obviously much less reliable, though.
Oh snap, takin' it to a whole 'notha level.

The Real Jack McCoy

Bronze

Post by The Real Jack McCoy » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:29 pm

neonx wrote:
Keeper1125 wrote:
Oh snap, takin' it to a whole 'notha level.
Indeed - that is making it into an art form.

Thanks for the info zabagabe, much appreciated. Sorry for bumping the thread...
Last edited by The Real Jack McCoy on Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Keeper1125

New

Post by Keeper1125 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:33 pm

Not even sure why I'm getting myself all psyched up when I'm an underdog and really happy with HLS anyhow. Hope all you kids get in, good luck. :D

birkenstockmarket

New

Post by birkenstockmarket » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:36 pm

I went complete the 1st week of March...looks like all of the LSN admits have had at least a month between going complete and getting in...

Keeper1125

New

Post by Keeper1125 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:42 pm

birkenstockmarket wrote:I went complete the 1st week of March...looks like all of the LSN admits have had at least a month between going complete and getting in...
I think I went complete 3/1 (thanks dean's cert!). You're right, I doubt these calls would apply to us either way.

nadopretz

Bronze

Post by nadopretz » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:03 pm

I was wondering when someone was going to come out with the latest fb stats. I am at work therefore don't have fb access during the day and was really hoping someone would feed my addiction, but was too ashamed to ask. Thank you The Real Jack McCoy. Any chance you can clue me in about what the total count is these days?

PS) Fb stats need to be taken with a grain, or box (as my favorite teacher used to say), of salt -- The only two people I know who have been accepted are not in the fb group...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Keeper1125

New

Post by Keeper1125 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:08 pm

nadopretz wrote:
I was wondering when someone was going to come out with the latest fb stats. I am at work therefore don't have fb access during the day and was really hoping someone would feed my addiction, but was too ashamed to ask. Thank you The Real Jack McCoy. Any chance you can clue me in about what the total count is these days?

PS) Fb stats need to be taken with a grain, or box (as my favorite teacher used to say), of salt -- The only two people I know who have been accepted are not in the fb group...

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:30 pm

Rejection letter still not here? Stop giving me false hope, Yale.

swampthang

Bronze

Post by swampthang » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:34 pm

Keeper1125 wrote:
nadopretz wrote:

:shock: Penn, UChi, and NYU all have >100 in their groups. Do you think Yale just gets a much higher fb yield bc people 'know' they're going there??

Keeper1125

New

Post by Keeper1125 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:36 pm

swampthang wrote:
Keeper1125 wrote:
nadopretz wrote:

:shock: Penn, UChi, and NYU all have >100 in their groups. Do you think Yale just gets a much higher fb yield bc people 'know' they're going there??
Maybe? Perhaps some deferrals from past cycles too?

The number seemed quite high to me as well.
Last edited by Keeper1125 on Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

tgir

Bronze

Post by tgir » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:36 pm

swampthang wrote: :shock: Penn, UChi, and NYU all have >100 in their groups. Do you think Yale just gets a much higher fb yield bc people 'know' they're going there??
That, plus I think someone said that the YLS admissions folks are pretty good about telling people about the Facebook group immediately once admitted.

Keeper1125

New

Post by Keeper1125 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:38 pm

Now that I think about it some more, let's be precise: The group is named "Students admitted to YLS 2014." So it seems likely that some of them aren't actually attending.

dbrddr

Bronze

Post by dbrddr » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:39 pm

tgir wrote:
swampthang wrote: :shock: Penn, UChi, and NYU all have >100 in their groups. Do you think Yale just gets a much higher fb yield bc people 'know' they're going there??
That, plus I think someone said that the YLS admissions folks are pretty good about telling people about the Facebook group immediately once admitted.
Not in my case, lol. Don't think I ever got any sort of welcome e-mail.

swampthang

Bronze

Post by swampthang » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:08 pm

Keeper1125 wrote:Now that I think about it some more, let's be precise: The group is named "Students admitted to YLS 2014." So it seems likely that some of them aren't actually attending.
Of course. Just like there are people in multiple XYZ Law Class of 2014 groups. And there might even be some admins and current students, however, that's the case at these other schools and they admit a lot more people. Maybe the fb invite in the email explanation is the answer. Or maybe it's just friggin Yale. Either way, that's a lot of people already admitted.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ebeth

Bronze

Post by ebeth » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:29 pm

swampthang wrote:Of course. Just like there are people in multiple XYZ Law Class of 2014 groups. And there might even be some admins and current students, however, that's the case at these other schools and they admit a lot more people. Maybe the fb invite in the email explanation is the answer. Or maybe it's just friggin Yale. Either way, that's a lot of people already admitted.
It really is. Especially considering there were 255 people admitted last year. And some people aren't on Facebook.

The Real Jack McCoy

Bronze

Post by The Real Jack McCoy » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:32 pm

zabagabe wrote:I wouldn't put *too* much stock in the facebook group as an accurate determinant, for two reasons: not everyone is on facebook, or in the group. Shocker, I know, but I know several people admitted but not in the group.

Second, there are a bunch of deferred students (such as myself), some of whom are in the group, thus inflating the total number of 2010-2011 "admits". Whether or not these two groups cancel each other out numbers-wise is debatable.

That said, based on my past two years watching the group, the deluge is very nearly upon us. It usually goes from <100 to >200 in about a month; indeed, it was <70 until this past week.
Zabagabe, from about a month back. The good news is the facebook group figure exceeds 200 at some point in the cycle - still some admits left to give out.

sonervous88

Bronze

Post by sonervous88 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:42 pm

dbrddr wrote:
tgir wrote:
Not in my case, lol. Don't think I ever got any sort of welcome e-mail.
probably i got into those schools and wasn't even aware of a fb group lol. if i got into yale i'd be on in a heartbeat

tgir

Bronze

Post by tgir » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:17 pm

Anyone?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

nadopretz

Bronze

Post by nadopretz » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:26 pm

tgir wrote:Anyone?
Apparently not. They are killing me over here, I am still waiting on 5 schools and went UR on all of them back in november. Heading home to the mailbox, wish me luck. I can't believe how obsessive I have become in the past few weeks, always thought I would have more pride than this.

BackToTheOldHouse

Silver

Post by BackToTheOldHouse » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:32 pm

Maybe evening calls?

Fresh

Silver

Post by Fresh » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:00 pm

In at YLS via phone call. I know I'm outing myself, but I'm too excited not to share.

Cycle complete.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:00 pm

Fresh wrote:In at YLS via phone call. I know I'm outing myself, but I'm too excited not to share.

Cycle complete.
Grats Fresh! You going to be attending?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”