Yale 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ryokoyuy
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:16 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby ryokoyuy » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:02 pm

I'm now going to spend the rest of today and tomorrow staring at my phone.
And hoping that I don't have any mail when I get home.
Though they lost my dean's cert, so I only went complete in early March,
so maybe it's too much to hope for to hear today/tomorrow.

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:03 pm

ryokoyuy wrote:I'm now going to spend the rest of today and tomorrow staring at my phone.
And hoping that I don't have any mail when I get home.
Though they lost my dean's cert, so I only went complete in early March,
so maybe it's too much to hope for to hear today/tomorrow.

I'm in the exact same boat (deans cert and all).

d34d9823
Posts: 1915
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby d34d9823 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:03 pm

ryokoyuy wrote:I'm now going to spend the rest of today and tomorrow staring at my phone.
And hoping that I don't have any mail when I get home.
Though they lost my dean's cert, so I only went complete in early March,
so maybe it's too much to hope for to hear today/tomorrow.

An ode to Yale?

ryokoyuy
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:16 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby ryokoyuy » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:13 pm

d34dluk3 wrote:
ryokoyuy wrote:I'm now going to spend the rest of today and tomorrow staring at my phone.
And hoping that I don't have any mail when I get home.
Though they lost my dean's cert, so I only went complete in early March,
so maybe it's too much to hope for to hear today/tomorrow.

An ode to Yale?


HELL. YES.

User avatar
suspicious android
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby suspicious android » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:14 pm

ryokoyuy wrote:I'm now going to spend the rest of today and tomorrow staring at my phone.
And hoping that I don't have any mail when I get home.
Though they lost my dean's cert, so I only went complete in early March Spring,
so maybe it's too much to hope for to hear today/tomorrow for a telephone to ring.

123kl
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby 123kl » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:18 pm

I definitely don't have the numbers, but is there any way that end of Feb completes could hear today?

sonervous88
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:27 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby sonervous88 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:19 pm

123kl wrote:I definitely don't have the numbers, but is there any way that end of Feb completes could hear today?


not that i know anything about that but the only way i think you'd hear that quickly is if you were an auto-admit. you wouldn't be out of faculty review or whatever i don't think....

juliachild-ish
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby juliachild-ish » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:25 pm

How about a mid-February complete? ( :lol: I know it's unlikely but I have to hold on to my irrational hope!) How long do we think it takes to go through faculty review? I'm guessing it probably varies depending on which faculty members were assigned your file...some are probably much slower than others.

123kl
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby 123kl » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:27 pm

sonervous88 wrote:
123kl wrote:I definitely don't have the numbers, but is there any way that end of Feb completes could hear today?


not that i know anything about that but the only way i think you'd hear that quickly is if you were an auto-admit. you wouldn't be out of faculty review or whatever i don't think....


DEFINITELY not auto-admit... :cry:

sonervous88
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:27 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby sonervous88 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:28 pm

123kl wrote:
sonervous88 wrote:
123kl wrote:I definitely don't have the numbers, but is there any way that end of Feb completes could hear today?


not that i know anything about that but the only way i think you'd hear that quickly is if you were an auto-admit. you wouldn't be out of faculty review or whatever i don't think....


DEFINITELY not auto-admit... :cry:


haha based on your track record you're closer to that than i am. :( don't fret!

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby subtle » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:28 pm

sonervous88 wrote:
123kl wrote:
sonervous88 wrote:
123kl wrote:I definitely don't have the numbers, but is there any way that end of Feb completes could hear today?


not that i know anything about that but the only way i think you'd hear that quickly is if you were an auto-admit. you wouldn't be out of faculty review or whatever i don't think....


DEFINITELY not auto-admit... :cry:


haha based on your track record you're closer to that than i am. :( don't fret!


+1

User avatar
tgir
Posts: 314
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby tgir » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:40 pm

Zomg. Those tweets are really bad for my adrenal glands.

User avatar
Fresh
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby Fresh » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:41 pm

tgir wrote:Zomg. Those tweets are really bad for my adrenal glands.


titcr

ryokoyuy
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:16 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby ryokoyuy » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:50 pm

tgir wrote:Zomg. Those tweets are really bad for my adrenal glands.


I jump now everytime my phone vibrates. It's really bad >.<

User avatar
tikiman6
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:21 am

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby tikiman6 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:49 pm

ryokoyuy wrote:
tgir wrote:Zomg. Those tweets are really bad for my adrenal glands.


I jump now everytime my phone vibrates. It's really bad >.<


this

Keeper1125
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:38 am

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby Keeper1125 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:50 pm

Hell, I jump every time you kids top the thread.

(meta-posts ftw)

User avatar
tikiman6
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:21 am

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby tikiman6 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:56 pm

2pm out east, and yet we don't have people going apeshit over their acceptances in this thread yet. I take this to mean few, if any calls have gone out as of yet.

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby subtle » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:57 pm

tikiman6 wrote:2pm out east, and yet we don't have people going apeshit over their acceptances in this thread yet. I take this to mean few, if any calls have gone out as of yet.


Or the people getting accepted don't post on TLS.

Keeper1125
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:38 am

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby Keeper1125 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:03 pm

subtle wrote:
tikiman6 wrote:2pm out east, and yet we don't have people going apeshit over their acceptances in this thread yet. I take this to mean few, if any calls have gone out as of yet.


Or the people getting accepted don't post on TLS.


Possible but rather unlikely, statistically speaking (especially given there being no action LSN as well).
Last edited by Keeper1125 on Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby subtle » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:04 pm

Keeper1125 wrote:
subtle wrote:
tikiman6 wrote:2pm out east, and yet we don't have people going apeshit over their acceptances in this thread yet. I take this to mean few, if any calls have gone out as of yet.


Or the people getting accepted don't post on TLS.


Possible but rather unlikely, statistically (especially given there being no action LSN as well).


I mean, I actually have a few friends who have been accepted who aren't on TLS or LSN. I can't imagine that they're alone.

Keeper1125
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:38 am

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby Keeper1125 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:06 pm

subtle wrote:
Keeper1125 wrote:
subtle wrote:
tikiman6 wrote:2pm out east, and yet we don't have people going apeshit over their acceptances in this thread yet. I take this to mean few, if any calls have gone out as of yet.


Or the people getting accepted don't post on TLS.


Possible but rather unlikely, statistically (especially given there being no action LSN as well).


I mean, I actually have a few friends who have been accepted who aren't on TLS or LSN. I can't imagine that they're alone.


It's not that there aren't people who have been/will be accepted to Yale and aren't on those sites. It's that the chances of all people who are accepted in a given set (assuming we're talking about at least 5-10 people in a relatively short time) not having any online presence are quite small.

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:07 pm

subtle wrote:
Keeper1125 wrote:
subtle wrote:
tikiman6 wrote:2pm out east, and yet we don't have people going apeshit over their acceptances in this thread yet. I take this to mean few, if any calls have gone out as of yet.


Or the people getting accepted don't post on TLS.


Possible but rather unlikely, statistically (especially given there being no action LSN as well).


I mean, I actually have a few friends who have been accepted who aren't on TLS or LSN. I can't imagine that they're alone.

Without TLS or LSN I would be alone. :(

Keeper1125
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:38 am

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby Keeper1125 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:09 pm

Also, the "today/tomorrow" phrasing indicates that they weren't ready to make calls early this morning; otherwise, there's no reason they couldn't have all gone out today. I'd guess a few calls go out late this afternoon and a few more in the morning.

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:10 pm

Keeper1125 wrote:Also, the "today/tomorrow" phrasing indicates that they weren't ready to make calls early this morning; otherwise, there's no reason they couldn't have all gone out today. I'd guess a few calls go out late this afternoon and a few more in the morning.


Damn, your like a detective. Awesome.

Keeper1125
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:38 am

Re: Yale 2011 applicants

Postby Keeper1125 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:13 pm

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
Keeper1125 wrote:Also, the "today/tomorrow" phrasing indicates that they weren't ready to make calls early this morning; otherwise, there's no reason they couldn't have all gone out today. I'd guess a few calls go out late this afternoon and a few more in the morning.


Damn, your like a detective. Awesome.


I think it's more that the LSAT fried my brain into this massive tangle of logical reasoning. I'm seriously going to be taking my wedding vows and trying to figure out if they're necessary or sufficient...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Anon.y.mousse., dddddd90, Exabot [Bot], Ferrisjso, Google Adsense [Bot], lawlawland16, Redsfan320, smartmoon, TudoBem, xn3345 and 18 guests