Baylor 2011 "Decision letter mailed."---In at Baylor 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
TJISMYHERO

Re: Baylor 2011 "Decision letter mailed."---In at Baylor 2011

Postby TJISMYHERO » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:52 pm

CrimLaw300 wrote:Is anyone ITT considering going to Baylor?

I applied only because I'm hoping for a scholarship I can use in negotiation with Houston. If it's big enough I would consider them though.

RackBall

Postby RackBall » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:03 pm

deliriousxix wrote:
RackBall wrote:
BrightLine wrote:If you don't mind me asking, what are your numbers?

Also, the fact that they gave you an honest answer about the summer situation can be viewed as a positive, although not necessarily on that outweighs the negative that was the answer.

165/3.78

My apologies, my LSAT is above their 75th, but my GPA is only above their median. Still think my frustration/confusion is justified.

Definitely understand that. That's really frustrating. You need to take SMU up on their offer :) which T25.. if you don't mind me asking?

BU.

Yeah, at this point, I just feel like my simple payment of the application fee should warrant a response. Oh well... it's one of those things we used to learn in the hospitality business: A happy customer tells 9 people about their experience, and unhappy customer tells 27. I have very few good things to say about Baylor Law.

Marionberry

Postby Marionberry » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:59 pm

TJISMYHERO wrote:

I applied only because I'm hoping for a scholarship I can use in negotiation with Houston. If it's big enough I would consider them though.

I sincerely wish you good luck with that, but Houston is notoriously stingy with the $$$. Even with a higher COA, though, I would still probably pick Houston.

RaspberryBeret

Postby RaspberryBeret » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:18 pm

TJISMYHERO wrote:

I tried that. Didn't work. :'(

TJISMYHERO

Postby TJISMYHERO » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:52 pm

RaspberryBeret wrote:
TJISMYHERO wrote:

This cycle?

RaspberryBeret

Postby RaspberryBeret » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:06 pm

TJISMYHERO wrote:
RaspberryBeret wrote:
TJISMYHERO wrote:

This cycle?

Yeah, I tried it on Monday. I was told "our initial offer is our final offer."

Marionberry

Postby Marionberry » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:11 pm

UH is teh broke

bartleby

Postby bartleby » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:45 pm

Got a decision. Will get it in the mail, I guess.

No chance I will attend. Wish I could get my $12 back.

ScrabbleChamp

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm

Status checker shows decision letter sent 2/28... still have not received it. I have a feeling it will be a while before I receive it... after all, it did take them 5+ months make a decision.

Since several people have said the "Pay your seat deposit online" trick is not working, I tried to trick it to see if it would give a different response. When I enter my correct information, it tells me I must be admitted to pay a seat deposit. However, I changed a number in my LSAC # and I got an error message stating the system could not find an application with the LSAC # and name submitted. So, it obviously is able to recognize incorrect data. My guess is that either Baylor just hasn't updated the system to reflect those that have been accepted, or those that get the message they must be admitted have, in fact, not been admitted.

swilson215

Postby swilson215 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:29 pm

Got in to the summer session via email today (while I was at a legal scholars day at another school, funny enough). Seat deposit is due in 10 days, though! Do you think if I called and asked for an extension to think about it I would get one? Also, when does the scholarship info come?

Marionberry

Postby Marionberry » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:34 pm

swilson215 wrote:Got in to the summer session via email today (while I was at a legal scholars day at another school, funny enough). Seat deposit is due in 10 days, though! Do you think if I called and asked for an extension to think about it I would get one? Also, when does the scholarship info come?

They admit you, and then expect a seat deposit 10 days later?

ScrabbleChamp

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:47 pm

swilson215 wrote:Got in to the summer session via email today (while I was at a legal scholars day at another school, funny enough). Seat deposit is due in 10 days, though! Do you think if I called and asked for an extension to think about it I would get one? Also, when does the scholarship info come?

Huh? You got an email about it? Damn, guess that means I was denied (decision made 2/28), but no email. I wonder why they didn't go ahead and deny me for the fall term, too. If I can't get into the summer term, I don't imagine I'll get into the fall term.

swilson215

Postby swilson215 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:02 pm

Marionberry wrote:They admit you, and then expect a seat deposit 10 days later?

Yeah, I know, it seemed weird to me too...before a scholarship offer or anything! Got the DR and email today, seat deposit due the 15th.

ScrabbleChamp wrote: Huh? You got an email about it? Damn, guess that means I was denied (decision made 2/28), but no email. I wonder why they didn't go ahead and deny me for the fall term, too. If I can't get into the summer term, I don't imagine I'll get into the fall term.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

RaspberryBeret

Postby RaspberryBeret » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:32 pm

Ten days is generous compared to how long they gave me....

swilson215

Postby swilson215 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:13 am

RaspberryBeret wrote:

Uh-oh, so asking for an extension isn't likely to go over well? It just floors me how they expect people to make this decision in such a short amount of time!

RaspberryBeret

Postby RaspberryBeret » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:10 pm

swilson215 wrote:
RaspberryBeret wrote:

Uh-oh, so asking for an extension isn't likely to go over well? It just floors me how they expect people to make this decision in such a short amount of time!

I mean, its worth a shot to ask. It didn't even occur to me to ask for more time. As long as you don't say something like "lol can I have more time to see if a school I like better accepts me??", I can see them considering giving you more time.

ddawg819

Postby ddawg819 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:21 pm

RaspberryBeret wrote:

Yeah, they gave me 5 days.

thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:02 pm

Waitlisted...lol what???????

Marionberry

Postby Marionberry » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:32 pm

Enjoy the bottom of T2, Baylor. lulz.

CrimLaw300

Postby CrimLaw300 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:09 pm

Marionberry wrote:Enjoy the bottom of T2, Baylor. lulz.

HAha don't be mad because they didn't accept u.

ScrabbleChamp

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:38 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:Waitlisted...lol what???????

Don't feel too bad... they rejected me. I wasn't going to attend, but getting rejected is still getting rejected. I'm median for LSAT and above 75th % for GPA.

Marionberry

Postby Marionberry » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:15 am

CrimLaw300 wrote:
Marionberry wrote:Enjoy the bottom of T2, Baylor. lulz.

HAha don't be mad because they didn't accept u.

FWIW, I withdrew my app before they made a decision. If you want to know what school I'm headed to, feel free to PM me. I just think it's ridiculous that they treat their applicants like this.

swilson215

Postby swilson215 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:35 pm

Just for future reference, I emailed the Dean of Admissions and got a two week extension for my seat deposit for the summer session (was due the 15th, now due the 1st of April).

thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:50 pm

For anyone curious about what was in my waitlist letter, they said my credentials impressed them blah blah blah, but they didn't have a seat for me right now so they are waitlisting me and they also said they will grant me an automatic admittance for the Spring 2012 class if I choose to reactivate my application. Then they gave three reasons why I should attend in the spring. Also, on the bottom she handwrote "warflamingo-We want you at Baylor Law!"

It was a nice letter, but of course, there is a small typo in the letter at the bottom so I must disregard the whole thing. :lol:

I'll be withdrawing from the waitlist by the end of the week since I highly doubt I'll receive any money from them now. Baylor was my safety, so I've gotten in with $$ at schools I'd be much happier at and I'm going to ride the waitlist at UT. Good luck to everyone starting at Baylor this year and good luck to anyone still waiting!

ScrabbleChamp

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:00 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:For anyone curious about what was in my waitlist letter, they said my credentials impressed them blah blah blah, but they didn't have a seat for me right now so they are waitlisting me and they also said they will grant me an automatic admittance for the Spring 2012 class if I choose to reactivate my application. Then they gave three reasons why I should attend in the spring. Also, on the bottom she handwrote "warflamingo-We want you at Baylor Law!"

It was a nice letter, but of course, there is a small typo in the letter at the bottom so I must disregard the whole thing. :lol:

I'll be withdrawing from the waitlist by the end of the week since I highly doubt I'll receive any money from them now. Baylor was my safety, so I've gotten in with $$ at schools I'd be much happier at and I'm going to ride the waitlist at UT. Good luck to everyone starting at Baylor this year and good luck to anyone still waiting!

Did they spell your name incorrectly: thewarflamango?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”