Baylor 2011 "Decision letter mailed."---In at Baylor 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jeremychristiansen

New

Baylor 2011 "Decision letter mailed."---In at Baylor 2011

Post by jeremychristiansen » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:03 pm

My status checker says "your decision letter has been mailed" is this a bad sign? Does anyone know how Baylor rejects/admits/waitlists?
Last edited by jeremychristiansen on Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeremychristiansen

New

Re: Baylor 2011 "Decision letter mailed."

Post by jeremychristiansen » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:47 pm

Anyone? Does nobody feel like telling me it's bad news? All the acceptances I could see from last year said they came through the status checker. :( Oh well.

tea_drinker

Silver

Post by tea_drinker » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:51 pm

I don't have the answer to your question, but don't worry. You will find out soon one way or another. Although, it will be a surprise if schools reject people this early (unless EDing).

mysoftsrock

New

Post by mysoftsrock » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:19 am

Now I am a bit stressed as well, I also have that status... Not that I was an auto-admit, but I was hoping I was competitive for the semester that I applied. Perhaps these are good letters...

jeremychristiansen

New

Post by jeremychristiansen » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:21 am

mysoftsrock wrote:Now I am a bit stressed as well, I also have that status... Not that I was an auto-admit, but I was hoping I was competitive for the semester that I applied. Perhaps these are good letters...
I searched last year's thread and found several people who were admitted through the mail w/o ever getting an admit in their status checker; it only said "decision letter has been mailed." Mine was mailed on the 14th, so it could be here today, but Monday or Tuesday is a little more feasible (I'm in Utah).

Good luck

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mysoftsrock

New

Post by mysoftsrock » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:15 am

jeremychristiansen wrote:
mysoftsrock wrote:Now I am a bit stressed as well, I also have that status... Not that I was an auto-admit, but I was hoping I was competitive for the semester that I applied. Perhaps these are good letters...
I searched last year's thread and found several people who were admitted through the mail w/o ever getting an admit in their status checker; it only said "decision letter has been mailed." Mine was mailed on the 14th, so it could be here today, but Monday or Tuesday is a little more feasible (I'm in Utah).

Good luck
I am in Illinois, so I will let you know if I get it today, expecting it Monday.

jeremychristiansen

New

Post by jeremychristiansen » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:47 pm

Nothing in the mail from Baylor today...the agony continues.

mysoftsrock

New

Post by mysoftsrock » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:37 pm

Same here... I figure when one of us gets a letter the other should have a good idea what is coming... If it's any consolation it doesn't appear (on LSN) that Baylor starts dinging until later on.

CmonSD

Bronze

Post by CmonSD » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:43 pm

My status also went decision rendered on Friday but I applied for Spring 2011. Is anyone else here a Spring applicant?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mysoftsrock

New

Post by mysoftsrock » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:49 pm

CmonSD wrote:My status also went decision rendered on Friday but I applied for Spring 2011. Is anyone else here a Spring applicant?
I am, although in retrospect I probably should have applied for the fall as I am not sure I am going to be ready to move right when I graduate...

jeremychristiansen

New

Post by jeremychristiansen » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:30 pm

Again...nothing. I feel like smoke signals would have gotten the decision here quicker than the USPS.

mysoftsrock

New

Post by mysoftsrock » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:04 pm

I am starting to think that they may not have actually mailed the letters on the day that our statuses say. Although who really knows, no mail has shown up for me today, let alone anything from Baylor.

da87

Bronze

Post by da87 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:30 pm

Let us know when any letters do arrive!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

gokickrocks

Bronze

Post by gokickrocks » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:04 pm

Crap! I got the same status. Now I'm feeling nervous.

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:48 pm

Did ya'll apply for the spring, summer, or fall start?

CmonSD

Bronze

Post by CmonSD » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:53 pm

Marionberry wrote:Did ya'll apply for the spring, summer, or fall start?
Spring. Cute pup!

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:55 pm

Thanks! Although I came home today and found him on the couch (not allowed) and he got yelled at. He's on my shit list at the moment.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jeremychristiansen

New

Post by jeremychristiansen » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:25 pm

Fall 2011. I'm tell you all, the suspense of this is killing me. Trying to sit and study financial accounting is all but pointless.

gokickrocks

Bronze

Post by gokickrocks » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:34 pm

I applied for a Fall start. I hate the suspense, can't even concentrate at work. Good thing my boss is out for the week.

da87

Bronze

Post by da87 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:40 pm

gokickrocks wrote:
I applied for a Fall start. I hate the suspense, can't even concentrate at work. Good thing my boss is out for the week.
Why are fall 2011 starters finding out before spring 2011 starters?

Burgstaller04

Silver

Post by Burgstaller04 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:07 am

I just submitted yesterday. How long did it take everyone to get a status checker?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

NJcollegestudent

Bronze

Post by NJcollegestudent » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:14 am

jeremychristiansen wrote:Again...nothing. I feel like smoke signals would have gotten the decision here quicker than the USPS.

Or even pigeons carriers would have gotten you the letter quicker. In any event, best of luck, in the decision for admission.

jeremychristiansen

New

Post by jeremychristiansen » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:05 pm

No luck today. The status checker says to call if it doesn't get here by one week from the decision date. So, if it isn't here by tomorrow at 10:30 a.m., I guess I will call...The status checker says that their policy is to not release decisions over the phone or by email. So, the big question for me is, will they honestly do something like reconfirm my address and send out another one? Or would they tell me over the phone? And if I am getting dinged, would they really do it over the phone (that seems really harsh right?), or choose a route only slightly less awkward like, "Hold on let me update it on your status checker...Okay all done you can go and see it now...Have a nice day," then I go check it out and see DENIED? Or something similar through email? I am interested not only in the decision, but now, exactly how they plan on getting it to me, if it does not come tomorrow in the mail. Anyone who go theirs today, please let us know, even if it is bad news. I don't know why I think it reasonable to assume that the decision of one student received in a similar manner and time as mine would have any bearing on the outcome of my decision...

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:19 pm

I go to undergrad in Texas, a friend in my organization went through this same thing. I believe those of you with it are in.

He was only one person though. I do not see them mailing everyone they reject, that would be costly and wasteful. Best of luck everyone!

da87

Bronze

Post by da87 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:21 pm

jeremychristiansen wrote:No luck today. The status checker says to call if it doesn't get here by one week from the decision date. So, if it isn't here by tomorrow at 10:30 a.m., I guess I will call...The status checker says that their policy is to not release decisions over the phone or by email. So, the big question for me is, will they honestly do something like reconfirm my address and send out another one? Or would they tell me over the phone? And if I am getting dinged, would they really do it over the phone (that seems really harsh right?), or choose a route only slightly less awkward like, "Hold on let me update it on your status checker...Okay all done you can go and see it now...Have a nice day," then I go check it out and see DENIED? Or something similar through email? I am interested not only in the decision, but now, exactly how they plan on getting it to me, if it does not come tomorrow in the mail. Anyone who go theirs today, please let us know, even if it is bad news. I don't know why I think it reasonable to assume that the decision of one student received in a similar manner and time as mine would have any bearing on the outcome of my decision...
I went to undergrad at Baylor and I will say that the post office near Baylor's campus is SLOW. Outgoing mail there takes longer than normal to get places. I don't know if that helps any, but just thought I'd share that bit of information.
Last edited by da87 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”