Baylor 2011 "Decision letter mailed."---In at Baylor 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ddawg819

New

Re: Baylor 2011 "Decision letter mailed."---In at Baylor 2011

Post by ddawg819 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:27 pm

always206 wrote:PS You can find out if you've been accepted while your letter is in the mail. Go to the "admitted students" link --> "Pay your Seat Deposit" and then enter your LSAC number, first and last name and the quarter you suspect you are in... if you are in.. then it will take it. :)

Let me know if this helps anyone.

Oh, you can do this at a few law schools too.
Decision in mail today via status checker. Tried the seat deposit thing and it gave me a message that says "Must be admitted to submit seat deposit." I guess I am either WL or denied.

ScrabbleChamp

Silver

Post by ScrabbleChamp » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:32 pm

swilson215 wrote:
chujas wrote:So how long have you been waiting for letters?

Just applied last week, wondering what time frame I should expect.
I applied 12/11 and haven't heard a peep since.
Waiting since 11/10 for both Fall and Summer 2011.

ScrabbleChamp

Silver

Post by ScrabbleChamp » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:38 pm

always206 wrote:PS You can find out if you've been accepted while your letter is in the mail. Go to the "admitted students" link --> "Pay your Seat Deposit" and then enter your LSAC number, first and last name and the quarter you suspect you are in... if you are in.. then it will take it. :)

Let me know if this helps anyone.

Oh, you can do this at a few law schools too.
Interesting... I applied for Summer and Fall 2011. When I try the trick for Fall 2011, I get a message that states "You must be accepted in Fall 2011 order to submit a seat deposit." However, when I try for Summer 2011, it just errors out, no message. I wonder if that means I'm in for Summer but not Fall? Anyone else try the trick and get the specific message about "Fall 2011"?

taylor247

New

Post by taylor247 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:08 pm

I tried that trick when I was "decision rendered" and it said I must be an accepted student...but I was definitely accepted a few days later with my letter :)

I think sometimes computers lag the rest of the process.

txag10

Bronze

Post by txag10 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:54 pm

I feel they lost my application...Complete since 11/29.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

limelightwave

New

Post by limelightwave » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:54 pm

It says my decision was mailed yesterday.... I only went complete on 2/11... I'm not sure if that's a good sign or not. 3.57 GPA/ 165 LSAT. Thoughts?

sabenser

Bronze

Post by sabenser » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:56 pm

limelightwave wrote:It says my decision was mailed yesterday.... I only went complete on 2/11... I'm not sure if that's a good sign or not. 3.57 GPA/ 165 LSAT. Thoughts?
3.60/165 here, in with 30k per year with top 66% stip. I had a fast turnaround too.

BLSBLSBLS

New

Post by BLSBLSBLS » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:51 pm

For all you guys disappointed you didn't get into the Fall class, that's actually a blessing. It's a whole lot easier being graded on the curve with the Summer class than the Fall class. You have a better chance of being on Law Review and the summer class is just easier going since there are fewer people. With that said, firms don't know whether you are a Fall or Summer or Spring starter, all that matters is you're in the top 15%. Furthermore, there are only 20 firms that come to our OCI (excluding JAG, DA's offices, etc...) so you need all the help you can get.

If you think you're going to get in Baylor and make law review, think again. Go where you can get into, even if you have a lot of debt. Most Baylor grads don't have job offers yet, but it is what it is. It's not Baylor's fault if you're not successful, but Baylor certainly won't help get you very far either.

ScrabbleChamp

Silver

Post by ScrabbleChamp » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:34 pm

Applied for Summer and Fall 2011. Decision letter mailed 02/28 for Summer, still pending for Fall. Anyone in a similar situation where a decision on one term has been made but not another? I'm foolishly hoping that they haven't denied me as I would assume if I was denied for Summer, I'd surely be denied for Fall, since it is more competitive. I'm hoping they are just waiting to see if I'll attend in the Summer before offering admission for the Fall...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

RaspberryBeret

New

Post by RaspberryBeret » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:07 am

Officially turned down my acceptance at Baylor, so hopefully someone from this board gets that spot. Anyone else irritated by how quickly they ask for deposits? I got my letter of acceptance for the summer term on Friday and they asked me to pay my deposit by March 1st. Wtf? The other schools I've been accepted to gave at least a couple of months. Granted, Baylor summer term starts on May 9th which is soon, but at least give me a week to think about it!
Last edited by RaspberryBeret on Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

RaspberryBeret

New

Post by RaspberryBeret » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:12 am

ScrabbleChamp wrote:Applied for Summer and Fall 2011. Decision letter mailed 02/28 for Summer, still pending for Fall. Anyone in a similar situation where a decision on one term has been made but not another? I'm foolishly hoping that they haven't denied me as I would assume if I was denied for Summer, I'd surely be denied for Fall, since it is more competitive. I'm hoping they are just waiting to see if I'll attend in the Summer before offering admission for the Fall...

My roommate was in that situation. She applied for summer and fall. She got accepted to the summer session first and after she turned that down, she got her fall session acceptance. I think they just wait until you've said no to the "weaker" session before sending you the decision on the more competitive session.

ScrabbleChamp

Silver

Post by ScrabbleChamp » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:18 am

RaspberryBeret wrote:
ScrabbleChamp wrote:Applied for Summer and Fall 2011. Decision letter mailed 02/28 for Summer, still pending for Fall. Anyone in a similar situation where a decision on one term has been made but not another? I'm foolishly hoping that they haven't denied me as I would assume if I was denied for Summer, I'd surely be denied for Fall, since it is more competitive. I'm hoping they are just waiting to see if I'll attend in the Summer before offering admission for the Fall...

My roommate was in that situation. She applied for summer and fall. She got accepted to the summer session first and after she turned that down, she got her fall session acceptance. I think they just wait until you've said no to the "weaker" session before sending you the decision on the more competitive session.
Thanks. That's what I figured... Problem is, how ironic would it be if I declined the acceptance to summer session only to be denied for fall. I am still waiting on two applications to schools I'd rather attend then Baylor, so no way I'd be able to give Baylor a commitment in a week's time.

RaspberryBeret

New

Post by RaspberryBeret » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:22 am

ScrabbleChamp wrote:
RaspberryBeret wrote:

Thanks. That's what I figured... Problem is, how ironic would it be if I declined the acceptance to summer session only to be denied for fall. I am still waiting on two applications to schools I'd rather attend then Baylor, so no way I'd be able to give Baylor a commitment in a week's time.

Honestly, I think that's what they're banking on : that you'll just commit to summer because you're afraid you're going to be rejected for fall. I'm an undergrad at Baylor and they play those sort of mind games on us all the time haha.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:14 am

Dear baylor, guess what? It's march 1st, where the hell is my decision? This is insanely ridiculous if my status does not change to letter sent today. I doubt it will though since they said a decision will "hopefully" be made by march 1st. Come on already...

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:16 am

thewarflamingo wrote:Dear baylor, guess what? It's march 1st, where the hell is my decision? This is insanely ridiculous if my status does not change to letter sent today. I doubt it will though since they said a decision will "hopefully" be made by march 1st. Come on already...
You still haven't heard anything from them? That's absurd.

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:39 am

Marionberry wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:Dear baylor, guess what? It's march 1st, where the hell is my decision? This is insanely ridiculous if my status does not change to letter sent today. I doubt it will though since they said a decision will "hopefully" be made by march 1st. Come on already...
I knowwwww, I'm so over it. I've been sorely disappointed with the response time by the majority of my Texas schools so far. Pretty sure I'll be headed out of state now.

A12345

Bronze

Post by A12345 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:47 am

thewarflamingo wrote:
Marionberry wrote:
I knowwwww, I'm so over it. I've been sorely disappointed with the response time by the majority of my Texas schools so far. Pretty sure I'll be headed out of state now.
I'm in the same boat as you. It is ridiculous to not have heard a single thing regarding your application in 5 months.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:50 am

After having applied there and pretty much being ignored, while people who applied much later got acceptances, and after attending their graduation ceremony, I can say with some confidence that the Baylor Law administration thinks pretty highly of themselves.

Kinderby

Bronze

Post by Kinderby » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:53 am

I applied later, but I haven't heard, either. Two months is nothing compared to five months waiting, but I've heard from a lot of the schools I applied to at the same time as Baylor.

WAinCO

New

Post by WAinCO » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:59 am

Applied 10/7, received letter 10/18, received deans academic excellence full tuition, 117k w/ stip of a 2.6GPA. Any idea how difficult that is to hold that GPA at Baylor?

CrimLaw300

Bronze

Post by CrimLaw300 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:06 pm

WAinCO wrote:Applied 10/7, received letter 10/18, received deans academic excellence full tuition, 117k w/ stip of a 2.6GPA. Any idea how difficult that is to hold that GPA at Baylor?
I e-mailed admissions with this question and they referred me to this link: http://www.baylor.edu/law/cs/index.php?id=74649

According to that it doesn't look too difficult.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

WAinCO

New

Post by WAinCO » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:12 pm

CrimLaw300 wrote:
WAinCO wrote:Applied 10/7, received letter 10/18, received deans academic excellence full tuition, 117k w/ stip of a 2.6GPA. Any idea how difficult that is to hold that GPA at Baylor?
I e-mailed admissions with this question and they referred me to this link: http://www.baylor.edu/law/cs/index.php?id=74649

Wow, thanks for the info, that makes it look like if your breathing you can hold on to a 2.6

CrimLaw300

Bronze

Post by CrimLaw300 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:14 pm

WAinCO wrote:
CrimLaw300 wrote:

Wow, thanks for the info, that makes it look like if your breathing you can hold on to a 2.6
No Problem. Mind PMing me your numbers? Just curious because the stipulations on my scholly are a 2.75.

WAinCO

New

Post by WAinCO » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:18 pm

CrimLaw300 wrote:
WAinCO wrote:
CrimLaw300 wrote:

No Problem. Mind PMing me your numbers? Just curious because the stipulations on my scholly are a 2.75.
Pm'd

txag10

Bronze

Post by txag10 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:22 pm

A12345 wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:
Marionberry wrote:
I'm in the same boat as you. It is ridiculous to not have heard a single thing regarding your application in 5 months.
+1 I didn't want to leave, but I probably will be.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”