IOWA 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
typ3
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:04 am

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby typ3 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:26 am

chihuahua12 wrote:Withdrew. Good luck to those waiting :)



Well ... if you can't stand the heat...


Best of luck to you wherever you decide to attend.

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby chrisbru » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:28 pm

Posted this multiple times... But want it to reach as far as possible.

FOOTBALL TICKETS FOR INCOMING 1L's: Alright, to make this easy... Tickets are available on April 5th to students. Go to HawkeyeSports.com to set up a student account prior to that date. You'll need your student ID to set up an account. To get this, log onto ISIS – in the tab “My UIowa," click on “My University ID." If you get an error when you input your student ID, email tickets@hawkeyesports.com with your student ID #, and tell them you are an incoming student trying to set up an account. They'll get your ID activated, and then you can go in and create your account!

User avatar
typ3
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:04 am

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby typ3 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:04 pm

chrisbru wrote:Posted this multiple times... But want it to reach as far as possible.

FOOTBALL TICKETS FOR INCOMING 1L's: Alright, to make this easy... Tickets are available on April 5th to students. Go to HawkeyeSports.com to set up a student account prior to that date. You'll need your student ID to set up an account. To get this, log onto ISIS – in the tab “My UIowa," click on “My University ID." If you get an error when you input your student ID, email tickets@hawkeyesports.com with your student ID #, and tell them you are an incoming student trying to set up an account. They'll get your ID activated, and then you can go in and create your account!



Thank you Chris. You're a god send. Do you know if they administer tickets by seniority or is it a free for all?

JOThompson
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 am

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby JOThompson » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:19 pm

Slimpee wrote:
JOThompson wrote:
On a different topic, who is going to the admitted students reception tonight?


Are we invited, JO?

Sorry for the slow reply. We were technically supposed to RSVP, but I know a lot of 1Ls who crashed the party for free food and wine.

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby chrisbru » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:27 pm

typ3 wrote:
Thank you Chris. You're a god send. Do you know if they administer tickets by seniority or is it a free for all?



Sounds like first come first serve. Someone somewhere mentioned student tickets were gone by mid-may. I'm just not going to risk it, and but them right away.

User avatar
typ3
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:04 am

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby typ3 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:55 am

Anyone here golf / interested in playing a few rounds around IC in August before school starts or in Sept before Football season?

User avatar
skirschner1
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:27 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby skirschner1 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:21 am

typ3 wrote:Anyone here golf / interested in playing a few rounds around IC in August before school starts or in Sept before Football season?

Definitely. Count me in. I'm not familiar with any courses in IC but we can figure it out.

User avatar
DocHawkeye
Posts: 640
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:22 am

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby DocHawkeye » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:29 am

skirschner1 wrote:
typ3 wrote:Anyone here golf / interested in playing a few rounds around IC in August before school starts or in Sept before Football season?

Definitely. Count me in. I'm not familiar with any courses in IC but we can figure it out.


The University operates an excellent course called Finkbine. As a student, you get a discount on the green fees.

http://www.finkbine.com/

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby chrisbru » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:19 pm

typ3 wrote:Anyone here golf / interested in playing a few rounds around IC in August before school starts or in Sept before Football season?



YES! $20 twilight 18 holes sounds like a glorious way to pregame our excessive pre-school drinking binge.

User avatar
maahs07
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby maahs07 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:41 pm

chrisbru wrote:
typ3 wrote:Anyone here golf / interested in playing a few rounds around IC in August before school starts or in Sept before Football season?



YES! $20 twilight 18 holes sounds like a glorious way to pregame our excessive pre-school drinking binge.


I'd be down for this, and will take the shame that comes along with my golf game.

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby chrisbru » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:45 pm

maahs07 wrote:
chrisbru wrote:
typ3 wrote:Anyone here golf / interested in playing a few rounds around IC in August before school starts or in Sept before Football season?



YES! $20 twilight 18 holes sounds like a glorious way to pregame our excessive pre-school drinking binge.


I'd be down for this, and will take the shame that comes along with my golf game.


I bet you're better than I am. I just go for an excuse to drink outside in public.

User avatar
typ3
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:04 am

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby typ3 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:56 pm

chrisbru wrote:
maahs07 wrote:
chrisbru wrote:
typ3 wrote:Anyone here golf / interested in playing a few rounds around IC in August before school starts or in Sept before Football season?



YES! $20 twilight 18 holes sounds like a glorious way to pregame our excessive pre-school drinking binge.


I'd be down for this, and will take the shame that comes along with my golf game.


I bet you're better than I am. I just go for an excuse to drink outside in public.


I'm a pretty high handicapper myself. Just started hitting the links last season so don't expect much.

User avatar
typ3
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:04 am

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby typ3 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:17 am

Zzz.... So I am in IC right now. Where should I eat breakfast?

User avatar
DocHawkeye
Posts: 640
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:22 am

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby DocHawkeye » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:24 am

typ3 wrote:Zzz.... So I am in IC right now. Where should I eat breakfast?


The Hamburg Inn. No. 2; 214 N Linn St.

User avatar
typ3
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:04 am

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby typ3 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:29 am

DocHawkeye wrote:
typ3 wrote:Zzz.... So I am in IC right now. Where should I eat breakfast?


The Hamburg Inn. No. 2; 214 N Linn St.


Only a day late lol

What is with this thread and not gaining momentum to sustain itself?

User avatar
typ3
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:04 am

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby typ3 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:47 am

On a different note. Chris can you or someone else elaborate on what the dead said at the ASW? I know when Jones was sitting as the dean the faculty constructed the Apollo Project to boost rankings / stop the bleeding. Was anything similarly said at ASW about the slip in the rankings?

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby chrisbru » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:45 pm

typ3 wrote:On a different note. Chris can you or someone else elaborate on what the dead said at the ASW? I know when Jones was sitting as the dean the faculty constructed the Apollo Project to boost rankings / stop the bleeding. Was anything similarly said at ASW about the slip in the rankings?



They didn't directly mention it (I'm assuming because they only slipped one spot). However, the dean did mention that they were hiring new faculty, or had for this year. That's all I really remember... I was pretty hungover for Friday, so my memory from that day isn't fantastic.

User avatar
typ3
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:04 am

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby typ3 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:05 pm

chrisbru wrote:
typ3 wrote:On a different note. Chris can you or someone else elaborate on what the dead said at the ASW? I know when Jones was sitting as the dean the faculty constructed the Apollo Project to boost rankings / stop the bleeding. Was anything similarly said at ASW about the slip in the rankings?



They didn't directly mention it (I'm assuming because they only slipped one spot). However, the dean did mention that they were hiring new faculty, or had for this year. That's all I really remember... I was pretty hungover for Friday, so my memory from that day isn't fantastic.



On a side note. The housing situation in IC has gotten progressively worst over the last decade at least from what I can remember (I don't know if this is due to the flood, tornado or what). I visited more than a few places this weekend that one would think would be livable given the price.. but I wouldn't even rent them to someone's dog.

I was pretty put off by the terrible choices for housing in IC.

Slimpee
Posts: 777
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby Slimpee » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:27 pm

Would any incoming 1L's be interested in rooming w/ a first-year med, dental or pharmacy student if the housing lists were shared?

User avatar
typ3
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:04 am

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby typ3 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:16 pm

Slimpee wrote:Would any incoming 1L's be interested in rooming w/ a first-year med, dental or pharmacy student if the housing lists were shared?



I would.. but I'm a little wary of rooming with anyone after a few bad eggs I've shared a roof with in the past. If any of these possible roommates look like Gisele Bundchen then I might be able to make an exception.

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby chrisbru » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:32 pm

typ3 wrote:

I would.. but I'm a little wary of rooming with anyone after a few bad eggs I've shared a roof with in the past. If any of these possible roommates look like Gisele Bundchen then I might be able to make an exception.


+1.

I also agree with you about the housing situation. It's pretty awful in IC, and I can't for the life of me figure out why.

User avatar
typ3
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:04 am

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby typ3 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:38 pm

chrisbru wrote:
typ3 wrote:

I would.. but I'm a little wary of rooming with anyone after a few bad eggs I've shared a roof with in the past. If any of these possible roommates look like Gisele Bundchen then I might be able to make an exception.


+1.

I also agree with you about the housing situation. It's pretty awful in IC, and I can't for the life of me figure out why.


I was really surprised coming from another B1G school. The city here is clean, the housing is relatively cheap, it's mostly new and or newly renovated.

Iowa City is the opposite of everything I just said.

Which is terrible because 10-15 years ago the housing was a lot better. Although it has always been a bit limited in terms of quantity.


Anyone have any football projections for the hawks this season? I was a little disappointed seeing their home game schedule this year. However, I suppose Nebraska is hogging all the marquee match ups.

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby chrisbru » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:05 am

typ3 wrote:
I was really surprised coming from another B1G school. The city here is clean, the housing is relatively cheap, it's mostly new and or newly renovated.

Iowa City is the opposite of everything I just said.

Which is terrible because 10-15 years ago the housing was a lot better. Although it has always been a bit limited in terms of quantity.


Anyone have any football projections for the hawks this season? I was a little disappointed seeing their home game schedule this year. However, I suppose Nebraska is hogging all the marquee match ups.



Northwestern and Michigan will be fun to watch. I think I might go to Ames for the Iowa/Iowa State game... It's always a pretty fun time.

User avatar
typ3
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:04 am

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby typ3 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:25 am

chrisbru wrote:
typ3 wrote:
I was really surprised coming from another B1G school. The city here is clean, the housing is relatively cheap, it's mostly new and or newly renovated.

Iowa City is the opposite of everything I just said.

Which is terrible because 10-15 years ago the housing was a lot better. Although it has always been a bit limited in terms of quantity.


Anyone have any football projections for the hawks this season? I was a little disappointed seeing their home game schedule this year. However, I suppose Nebraska is hogging all the marquee match ups.



Northwestern and Michigan will be fun to watch. I think I might go to Ames for the Iowa/Iowa State game... It's always a pretty fun time.


I'll be headed to Minneapolis for the hawk v gopher game as well as the husker v hawk game. So if anyone needs a ride let me know.

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby chrisbru » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:32 am

typ3 wrote:
I'll be headed to Minneapolis for the hawk v gopher game as well as the husker v hawk game. So if anyone needs a ride let me know.


Those would both be fun. I'll try to make it to Lincoln, but with the game on Friday instead of Saturday this year (annoying) it might be hard with family Thanksgiving obligations.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: beluckycrimson, Christinabruin, curry4bfast, Google [Bot], ws120 and 8 guests