IOWA 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
chrisbru

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby chrisbru » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:24 pm

Slimpee wrote:
Also, chris, nice meeting you! You coming for sure?

100%. I actually just bought a house, pending inspection on Friday, so there's no backing out now :-)

How do we stay up on when we need to get tickets? I LOVE Hawkeye football, and don't want to miss out.

typ3 wrote:This thread is still sputtering.. So, on a different note.. who besides Chris wants to be in my study group? It will be full of beer, b****es, and top 5% students.

Also, is anyone interested in a summer TLS meet up in Boji? I can bed some people for a weekend. Wouldn't mind stumbling around gull point in a stupor before law school.

ALL OF THIS.

jam88

Postby jam88 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:54 pm

typ3 wrote:This thread is still sputtering.. So, on a different note.. who besides Chris wants to be in my study group? It will be full of beer, b****es, and top 5% students.

Also, is anyone interested in a summer TLS meet up in Boji? I can bed some people for a weekend. Wouldn't mind stumbling around gull point in a stupor before law school.

I have never been to Okaboji! lived in Iowa for 18 years and never made it up there. Also, given how insanely cheap season tickets are for students I might just get them.

Also if people are looking for places to live, I might rent out a room or two in my 4 bedroom house. I think I'm going to renovate it a bit this summer when I move back to Iowa. It currently only has one full bath, so that needs to be fixed. Its on Kirkwood, definitely not an area where lots of students live, but there is a bus and its easy walking/biking distance from downtown, and there is a gigantic study/library, and complete collection of Tin tin books in French.

smiller1

Postby smiller1 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:53 pm

New posting in this thread. I've mostly been frequenting the "class of 2014" thread. Anyway...

So, on a different note.. who besides Chris wants to be in my study group? It will be full of beer, b****es, and top 5% students.

Well, from what I gather Chris will take care of the beer, but you will still need to represent the bitches and top 5% students so... I guess I'll join. You're welcome. :wink:

On a different note, I'm going crazy waiting to find out what my financial aid situation is! The award was determined February 24, but I still have not received the notification. Hopefully soon!

maahs07

Postby maahs07 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:14 pm

Now you are speaking my language!

Just received an email from Financial Aid that I will be receiving no scholarship$$...any tips on negotiating woud be much obliged.
Last edited by maahs07 on Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:14 pm

smiller1 wrote:New posting in this thread. I've mostly been frequenting the "class of 2014" thread. Anyway...

Well, from what I gather Chris will take care of the beer, but you will still need to represent the bitches and top 5% students so... I guess I'll join. You're welcome. :wink:

On a different note, I'm going crazy waiting to find out what my financial aid situation is! The award was determined February 24, but I still have not received the notification. Hopefully soon!

I resent this. Girls flock to me. You can back me up on this even.

You didn't tell me the award was already determined... How did you find this out? And why the hell haven't you received the notification yet?!

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:15 pm

maahs07 wrote:
Now you are speaking my language!

Just received an email from Financial Aid that I will be receiving no scholarship$$...any tips on negotiating woud be much obliged.

What other offers do you have? If you'd rather PM me than post here, hit me up... I'll try to help.

jam88

Postby jam88 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:19 pm

chrisbru wrote:
How do we stay up on when we need to get tickets? I LOVE Hawkeye football, and don't want to miss out.

http://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/evenue/ev69/core/MyAccount.d2w/report?linkID=uiowa&msgCode=32000&shopperContext=ST&returnURL=/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetGroupList%3FlinkID%3Duiowa%26groupCode%3D%26RSRC%3D%26RDAT%3D%26shopperContext%3DST&url=/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetGroupList%3FlinkID%3Duiowa%26groupCode%3D%26RSRC%3D%26RDAT%3D%26shopperContext%3DST

my student id isn't valid yet, but I also haven't paid my seat deposit. 2011 Football season tickets went on sale in March so I would assume you could do that now provided you have a valid id. single tickets go on sale in June depending on how many season tickets were sold.

typ3

Postby typ3 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:40 pm

smiller1 wrote:New posting in this thread. I've mostly been frequenting the "class of 2014" thread. Anyway...

So, on a different note.. who besides Chris wants to be in my study group? It will be full of beer, b****es, and top 5% students.

That's odd they would make you wait that long. I got mine via email 2 days later after my acceptance.. Although I got accepted way late in the cycle.. IE: last week.

Sam, you aren't bringing a lot to bargain with. The group is already loaded with babes (see: chris and I)

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:50 pm

typ3 wrote:
That's odd they would make you wait that long. I got mine via email 2 days later after my acceptance.. Although I got accepted way late in the cycle.. IE: last week.

Sam, you aren't bringing a lot to bargain with. The group is already loaded with babes (see: chris and I)

This. Between Ty and me, there will be no lack of female presence at any time.

I'll look into the student football tickets thing and see what I can find! I paid my first seat deposit, but haven't paid my second one yet.

By the way - let's get some more people in here. I feel obsessive being one of every three or four posts. I blame my completely unengaging "career."

typ3

Postby typ3 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:53 pm

chrisbru wrote:
typ3 wrote:

This. Between Ty and me, there will be no lack of female presence at any time.

I'll look into the student football tickets thing and see what I can find! I paid my first seat deposit, but haven't paid my second one yet.

By the way - let's get some more people in here. I feel obsessive being one of every three or four posts. I blame my completely unengaging "career."

Same.. That was totally me in the CU thread. Every other post was me I'm on TLS 24/7. I blame my 12 credit hour fluff last semester in UG.

typ3

Postby typ3 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:55 pm

K well.. do people here like video games .. music .. this thread needs more students on it.

maahs07

Postby maahs07 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:03 pm

Where is everybody living at next year??

typ3

Postby typ3 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:10 pm

maahs07 wrote:Where is everybody living at next year??

Most likely the law library if they allow cots and sesame street bed sets.

goodgrief

Postby goodgrief » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:12 pm

typ3 wrote:

But, unfortunately for me, like the rest of IC, they don't allow pets. Out to Coralville I go.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:14 pm

goodgrief wrote:
typ3 wrote:

But, unfortunately for me, like the rest of IC, they don't allow pets. Out to Coralville I go.

Same. Stupid Iowa City.

I just bought a house, actually. 2076 South Ridge Drive, Coralville. It's me and my two pups, and I'm looking for a roommate!

Typ3, did you get a place locked down yet?

More football ticket info:
I've now paid both deposits. My student ID # still isn't valid on the football ticket website...

maahs07

Postby maahs07 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:16 pm

typ3 wrote:

I heard they only allow SpongeBob effective immediately...sorry dude.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:18 pm

maahs07 wrote:
typ3 wrote:

I heard they only allow SpongeBob effective immediately...sorry dude.

Only SpongeBob? But Dora taught me so much about how to communicate effectively while staying at all-inclusive resorts in barely-Mexican vacation cities!

typ3

Postby typ3 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:28 pm

chrisbru wrote:
goodgrief wrote:
typ3 wrote:

Same. Stupid Iowa City.

I just bought a house, actually. 2076 South Ridge Drive, Coralville. It's me and my two pups, and I'm looking for a roommate!

Typ3, did you get a place locked down yet?

More football ticket info:
I've now paid both deposits. My student ID # still isn't valid on the football ticket website...

Nope. I am driving to IC tomorrow and taking a tour Friday and then looking for a place most of the weekend unless there I find something glaringly wrong with the school. Like it serving as a cover for a meth lab... something to that extent.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:55 pm

typ3 wrote:
Nope. I am driving to IC tomorrow and taking a tour Friday and then looking for a place most of the weekend unless there I find something glaringly wrong with the school. Like it serving as a cover for a meth lab... something to that extent.

Unlikely. Des Moines was meth capital of the U.S. until about 2006, then lost it's place to Chicago... Although, with IC being in between the two, there might be SOME connection.

Gatorbull84

Postby Gatorbull84 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:07 pm

I was WL back in Dec and now my status says "in progress". Does anyone know what that means?

typ3

Postby typ3 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:03 pm

Gatorbull84 wrote:I was WL back in Dec and now my status says "in progress". Does anyone know what that means?

Deposits are due on the 1st so they will likely meet over the weekend or on Monday to go through the WL candidates.

Slimpee

Postby Slimpee » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:37 pm

typ3 wrote:

Hope you enjoy your tour! Are you sitting in on a class?

typ3

Postby typ3 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:53 pm

Slimpee wrote:
typ3 wrote:

No, but I am teaching a class entitled "How to be fly"

Slimpee

Postby Slimpee » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:12 am

typ3 wrote:
Slimpee wrote:
typ3 wrote:

No, but I am teaching a class entitled "How to be fly"

Sounds like a survey course. You do realize this is Iowa City, right?

chihuahua12

Postby chihuahua12 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:05 am

Withdrew. Good luck to those waiting :)

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”