IOWA 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby chrisbru » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:25 pm

bbermud wrote:ACCEPTED with 153 LSAT!!! I am on cloud nine!



Congrats!

User avatar
Jack Smirks
Posts: 1340
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 5:35 am

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby Jack Smirks » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:30 pm

bbermud wrote:ACCEPTED with 153 LSAT!!! I am on cloud nine!

Congrats!

User avatar
twairlines
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby twairlines » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:56 pm

:? , congrats on the acceptance. (edit) BTW if you don't plan on going let the school know early so I can get off this WL :lol:

User avatar
StillHerexxx
Posts: 325
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:58 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby StillHerexxx » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:17 pm

Congrats! I bet getting that acceptance felt amazing. I know it did for me.

purplebulldogs
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:05 am

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby purplebulldogs » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:35 am

came home to find a letter with scholarship info in my mailbox...

full tuition (resident). stipulation = must be in the top third of the class.

letter was dated 2/7, postmarked 2/8. i'm in des moines, which explains the quick receipt.

stats:

168, 3.73.

seriously considering accepting. deadline for acceptance is april 1.

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13291
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby JenDarby » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:02 am

purplebulldogs wrote:came home to find a letter with scholarship info in my mailbox...

full tuition (resident). stipulation = must be in the top third of the class.

letter was dated 2/7, postmarked 2/8. i'm in des moines, which explains the quick receipt.

stats:

168, 3.73.

seriously considering accepting. deadline for acceptance is april 1.

congrats!!!!!!

(I want scholly info!)

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby chrisbru » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:08 am

purplebulldogs wrote:came home to find a letter with scholarship info in my mailbox...

full tuition (resident). stipulation = must be in the top third of the class.

letter was dated 2/7, postmarked 2/8. i'm in des moines, which explains the quick receipt.

stats:

168, 3.73.

seriously considering accepting. deadline for acceptance is april 1.


This made me super excited! I'm jumping the gun, but I'm hoping that means that the 2/7 scholarship mailings (like mine) is for in-state full schollies!!!! If i get this tomorrow I'm taking a sick day on Friday and partying it up tomorrow!

User avatar
typ3
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:04 am

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby typ3 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:09 am

JenDarby wrote:
purplebulldogs wrote:came home to find a letter with scholarship info in my mailbox...

full tuition (resident). stipulation = must be in the top third of the class.

letter was dated 2/7, postmarked 2/8. i'm in des moines, which explains the quick receipt.

stats:

168, 3.73.

seriously considering accepting. deadline for acceptance is april 1.

congrats!!!!!!

(I want scholly info!)


Jen, I'll give you a scholarship. If we see each other at an ASW or go to the same LS I'll buy you a drink.

Technically, my scholarship is redeemable by all the ladies on TLS... but still, feel special. You'll be one of hundreds!

purplebulldogs
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:05 am

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby purplebulldogs » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:16 am

typ3 wrote:
JenDarby wrote:
purplebulldogs wrote:came home to find a letter with scholarship info in my mailbox...

full tuition (resident). stipulation = must be in the top third of the class.

letter was dated 2/7, postmarked 2/8. i'm in des moines, which explains the quick receipt.

stats:

168, 3.73.

seriously considering accepting. deadline for acceptance is april 1.

congrats!!!!!!

(I want scholly info!)


Jen, I'll give you a scholarship. If we see each other at an ASW or go to the same LS I'll buy you a drink.

Technically, my scholarship is redeemable by all the ladies on TLS... but still, feel special. You'll be one of hundreds!


um... i'm generally confused by this post. i think this is what pm's are for...

anyway, thanks jen! hopefully you'll all hear similar good news soon!

User avatar
StillHerexxx
Posts: 325
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:58 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby StillHerexxx » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:18 pm

Received my acceptance letter finally, no scholarship info. I figured I wouldn't get one, but it was a bummer. I am going to start drafting a letter to beg for money. I have no leverage for money, but I might as well try.

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby chrisbru » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:54 pm

StillHerexxx wrote:Received my acceptance letter finally, no scholarship info. I figured I wouldn't get one, but it was a bummer. I am going to start drafting a letter to beg for money. I have no leverage for money, but I might as well try.


I'd wait. Scholarships don't come with your acceptance letter.

User avatar
StillHerexxx
Posts: 325
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:58 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby StillHerexxx » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:15 pm

I'd wait. Scholarships don't come with your acceptance letter.


You just made my day. For some reason I thought their info came with the acceptance letter. I feel better for the time being.

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby chrisbru » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:05 pm

StillHerexxx wrote:
I'd wait. Scholarships don't come with your acceptance letter.


You just made my day. For some reason I thought their info came with the acceptance letter. I feel better for the time being.


Glad I could help! Although don't hold your breath. My acceptance letter was postmarked 12/5/2010... So it took them 2 full months to send my scholarship letter lol.

User avatar
StillHerexxx
Posts: 325
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:58 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby StillHerexxx » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:25 pm

Damn, I would love to get the scholarship info before ASW. I live in NY, so knowing if I have a shot of realistically going would be great.

JOThompson
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 am

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby JOThompson » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:57 am

chrisbru wrote:
StillHerexxx wrote:Received my acceptance letter finally, no scholarship info. I figured I wouldn't get one, but it was a bummer. I am going to start drafting a letter to beg for money. I have no leverage for money, but I might as well try.


I'd wait. Scholarships don't come with your acceptance letter.

This. My scholarship info arrived about 7-10 days after the acceptance letter.

User avatar
GoldenGopherHopeful
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:02 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby GoldenGopherHopeful » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:36 pm

Accepted this morning!

Sub-3.0 splitter, 170, OOS. I'm digging the splitter love from the Midwest right now...

qhryder32
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:06 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby qhryder32 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:42 pm

GoldenGopherHopeful wrote:Accepted this morning!

Sub-3.0 splitter, 170, OOS. I'm digging the splitter love from the Midwest right now...


Congrats!!!! :D

When did you submit/go UR??

User avatar
GoldenGopherHopeful
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:02 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby GoldenGopherHopeful » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:35 pm

qhryder32 wrote:
GoldenGopherHopeful wrote:Accepted this morning!

Sub-3.0 splitter, 170, OOS. I'm digging the splitter love from the Midwest right now...


Congrats!!!! :D

When did you submit/go UR??


Submitted first week of January, complete 1/7. Not sure the date of my first UR, but my last update before acceptance was UR 2/3.

For those attending the ASW - make sure you go to the Hamburg Inn and try a pie shake!

User avatar
typ3
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:04 am

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby typ3 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:52 pm

chrisbru wrote:
StillHerexxx wrote:
I'd wait. Scholarships don't come with your acceptance letter.


You just made my day. For some reason I thought their info came with the acceptance letter. I feel better for the time being.


Glad I could help! Although don't hold your breath. My acceptance letter was postmarked 12/5/2010... So it took them 2 full months to send my scholarship letter lol.



Did you get a full chris? You haven't shared your info with the thread yet.

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby chrisbru » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:55 pm

typ3 wrote:
chrisbru wrote:
StillHerexxx wrote:
I'd wait. Scholarships don't come with your acceptance letter.


You just made my day. For some reason I thought their info came with the acceptance letter. I feel better for the time being.


Glad I could help! Although don't hold your breath. My acceptance letter was postmarked 12/5/2010... So it took them 2 full months to send my scholarship letter lol.



Did you get a full chris? You haven't shared your info with the thread yet.



It hasn't come yet. I got a travel stipend email on Monday that said "for scholarship recipients only", so I emailed them since I hadn't received a scholarship yet. They replied and said my letter was sent on Monday, 2/7... So I hope it shows up soon! A full would guarantee my matriculation... A half, even, would make it a very competitive contender.

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby chrisbru » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:34 pm

Scholarship letter today... FULL INSTATE TUITION, renewable for 2nd and 3rd years if I remain in the top third!!! That means a YES for being a Hawkeye this fall!!!

Anyone going to ASW?

User avatar
Kinderby
Posts: 426
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby Kinderby » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:03 pm

Congratulations, chris! That's awesome.

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby chrisbru » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:32 pm

Kinderby wrote:Congratulations, chris! That's awesome.


Thank you :-) I'm excited to visit in March! I hope there are still some apartments left!

User avatar
StillHerexxx
Posts: 325
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:58 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby StillHerexxx » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:02 pm

Congrats, I want to go to asw, depends if I get a scholly and travel stipend. Ny is far from iowa. I really want to check the school out though. Will be helpful for the decision process.

User avatar
typ3
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:04 am

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby typ3 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:02 am

chrisbru wrote:Scholarship letter today... FULL INSTATE TUITION, renewable for 2nd and 3rd years if I remain in the top third!!! That means a YES for being a Hawkeye this fall!!!

Anyone going to ASW?


It's clear that Iowa simply refers to my index board I've been keeping on this thread. That means that elaman, jendarby, and stlislove are next.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cfitz, greengrass, NorthDragon, NotAGolfer, packerboy31489, SilverSurfer2020 and 16 guests