IOWA 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JOThompson
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 am

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby JOThompson » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:28 am

fedexmalcom wrote:Just received an email. Is this an admission? I cant stand if it is an April joke.

Dear XXX

I am pleased to inform you that the Admissions Committee of The University of Iowa College of Law has voted to admit you to the first year class entering in August 2011. Within a short time you will receive more detailed information concerning your admission from the University Admissions Office.

We are happy to have you with us and look forward to seeing you in the fall. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call 1-800-553-4692 ext. 9095 (8:00 am to 4:30 pm) or 319-335-9095 or email law-admissions@uiowa.edu.


Congratulations on your acceptance to The University of Iowa College of Law and welcome to the legal profession.


Sincerely,


Collins B. Byrd, Jr.
Assistant Dean of Admissions

Wow, that's fast. I would expect a scholarship letter in the mail soon.

Amir N
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:21 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby Amir N » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:17 pm

fedexmalcom wrote:Just received an email. Is this an admission? I cant stand if it is an April joke.

Dear XXX

I am pleased to inform you that the Admissions Committee of The University of Iowa College of Law has voted to admit you to the first year class entering in August 2011. Within a short time you will receive more detailed information concerning your admission from the University Admissions Office.

We are happy to have you with us and look forward to seeing you in the fall. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call 1-800-553-4692 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              1-800-553-4692      end_of_the_skype_highlighting ext. 9095 (8:00 am to 4:30 pm) or 319-335-9095 or email law-admissions@uiowa.edu.


Congratulations on your acceptance to The University of Iowa College of Law and welcome to the legal profession.


Sincerely,


Collins B. Byrd, Jr.
Assistant Dean of Admissions



Congrats on the acceptance! I didn't expect them to start rolling out so soon! I applied in September and, according to ISIS, am still classified as "In Progress" with a 3.57 and a 159.

User avatar
lifestooquick
Posts: 1200
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby lifestooquick » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:41 am

Submitted my app on Friday :)

User avatar
brochocinco
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:47 am

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby brochocinco » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:09 pm

Got a fee waiver and decided it was worth the $12. Submitted and went LSAC Complete today. LSP says Iowa is a "Consider" for me.

Amir N
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:21 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby Amir N » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:20 pm

Just thought I'd let everyone on here know that I contacted admissions last Friday inquiring when those who applied in September/October might hear back. It was a very friendly ADCOM office, but they were unable to give me any specifics, just saying that it's rolling admissions and could be anytime in the near future or past January.

User avatar
jaskat
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby jaskat » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:17 pm

I think last year decisions were in waves once a month until the end of the cycle. I might be wrong, it's just what I remember.

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby chrisbru » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:56 pm

Sent in my application via LSAC about 5 minutes ago. 171/2.94. Hope to see some of you there in August!

User avatar
Sentry
Posts: 1235
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby Sentry » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:27 am

I just got an email with my hawkid but apparently my password is coming in a different email. Why don't they just send them both at once?

User avatar
charlesxavier
Posts: 444
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:51 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby charlesxavier » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:30 am

Sentry wrote:I just got an email with my hawkid but apparently my password is coming in a different email. Why don't they just send them both at once?


It's weird, but that link isn't even that useful at this point. They actually have another LSAC status checker that you should get info about.

User avatar
brochocinco
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:47 am

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby brochocinco » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:07 pm

Just got my password and user name. Says my application decision is "in progress"

Slimpee
Posts: 777
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby Slimpee » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:20 pm

Is the status checker ISIS like it was last year?

ISIS blows...

User avatar
charlesxavier
Posts: 444
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:51 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby charlesxavier » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:25 pm

Slimpee wrote:Is the status checker ISIS like it was last year?

ISIS blows...


ISIS does blow, but they actually have a typical LSAC type status checker this year.

JOThompson
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 am

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby JOThompson » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:47 pm

Slimpee wrote:Is the status checker ISIS like it was last year?

ISIS blows...

Wait until they see ICON then :P

I thought the only status checker was through ISIS last year, so it's great that Iowa now offers something more user-friendly.

Slimpee
Posts: 777
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby Slimpee » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:20 pm

Basically, all of websites i've used at Iowa are awful

I noticed that the business school's website is much more attractive. I think the law school website needs a redesign...

User avatar
jaskat
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby jaskat » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:56 pm

We're too practical for a shiny website. Give the poor business students the nice website, I mean what else do they have going for them? :mrgreen:

User avatar
skirschner1
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:27 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby skirschner1 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:08 am

yea i got the same email today about the ISIS status checker...is there another one that we're going to get later on?

Edit: nevermind i just got it this morning

Amir N
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:21 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby Amir N » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:38 pm

Anyone else hear back from Iowa yet? I'm still "In Progress" under ISIS, and have an "Application Received" status for the other checker.

User avatar
lifestooquick
Posts: 1200
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby lifestooquick » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:35 pm

How long did it take Iowa to send you all your status checkers? I applied last Friday and don't have one yet. I did all my apps last week and Iowa is the only one that hasn't sent me a status checker yet.

JOThompson
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 am

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby JOThompson » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:28 pm

lifestooquick wrote:How long did it take Iowa to send you all your status checkers? I applied last Friday and don't have one yet. I did all my apps last week and Iowa is the only one that hasn't sent me a status checker yet.

I had my status checker ten days after submitting the app. It's probably too soon to be worried.

User avatar
skirschner1
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:27 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby skirschner1 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:36 pm

sent in my app last friday also and got the ISIS yesterday and checker this morning

User avatar
lifestooquick
Posts: 1200
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby lifestooquick » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:44 am

Got my status checker yesterday after I posted that, lol. Now all schools that I've applied to have acknowledged my existence :)

fedexmalcom
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:08 am

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby fedexmalcom » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:46 pm

good luck to everyone! In my guess, more decisions would be made in Dec.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby Barbie » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:40 pm

fedexmalcom wrote:good luck to everyone! In my guess, more decisions would be made in Dec.


more decisions? As far as we know only that 1 has come out right?

User avatar
Trip Coker
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby Trip Coker » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:55 pm

Barbie wrote:
fedexmalcom wrote:good luck to everyone! In my guess, more decisions would be made in Dec.


more decisions? As far as we know only that 1 has come out right?


Apparently one person on this board has gotten an acceptance e-mail. I don't exactly know where else to check for acceptance data. It's Friday night, go have a drink and forget about it all until Monday 8)

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby Barbie » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:12 pm

Trip Coker wrote:
Barbie wrote:
fedexmalcom wrote:good luck to everyone! In my guess, more decisions would be made in Dec.


more decisions? As far as we know only that 1 has come out right?


Apparently one person on this board has gotten an acceptance e-mail. I don't exactly know where else to check for acceptance data. It's Friday night, go have a drink and forget about it all until Monday 8)


I've been drinking. I'm on vacation. Hot tub in 10 min.
YOU go have a drink! ;)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: drillteam, Google Adsense [Bot], hwwong, lawlawland16, myronbolitar, tangers91, xn3345 and 19 guests