IOWA 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
typ3

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby typ3 » Tue May 31, 2011 11:48 pm

For those just joining the thread feel free to add your numbers to lawschoolnumbers.com

It's nice to keep class numbers current for those who are applying next cycle and use resources like lawschoolpredictor.com

maahs07

Postby maahs07 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:27 am

Hey guys...I'm back. I've officially started "working" full-time for the summer so you can expect some input from me on this thread as I search for avenues to occupy my mindless staring at a computer screen. I think I've got it figured out that any derogatory comments be aimed at Sam and those involving booze and golf are for Ty and Chris.

As for Chris and his large backyard, 3 words: Above-ground pool. And then pool parties. (Any Mitch Hedberg fans? - "I saw a commercial for an above-ground pool. It was 30 seconds long, because that is the maximum amount of time you can depict yourself having fun in an above-ground pool." "The water's only up to here...I can't even drown my kneecaps.")

But still would be a hella good time nonetheless.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:08 pm

Kara - welcome to the party. Maahs - good to see you'll have time to litter this thread with irrelevant banter with us!

How about we make this the plan? Starting in early august we spend as much time in IC as work allows. Mornings are golf, post lunch is moving, evening is drinking game/ above ground pooling, and nights are for getting shitty in iowa city. #winning

This drive is fucking boring, so I'll hang out on here as long as the bb doesn't die.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:06 pm

Damn, I missed all the action. Where is everyone? Someone tell me a storyyyy.

typ3

Postby typ3 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:13 pm

So I got the keys to my place and I'm still waiting for Sam to bring over her house warming gift aka Macallan 18 and a lap dance. I figure I might throw up after one of those things #winning.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:32 pm

I bet I can guess one does it....

smiller1

Postby smiller1 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:43 pm

So I got the keys to my place and I'm still waiting for Sam to bring over her house warming gift aka Macallan 18 and a lap dance. I figure I might throw up after one of those things

My lap dances cause people to yak out of HAPPINESS. You could only be so lucky.

Congrats on getting the keys to your place, by the way! Your movers ever show up?

ERojo

Postby ERojo » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:38 pm

This is my first TLS message. But seems you guys like to have fun, and I'm all about it! Plus I know no one in Iowa, so maybe I can join in your early August fun to accommodate myself with the Midwest, new friends, and school!

bbermud

Postby bbermud » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:39 pm

So I'm heading to SE Asia in about a week. Any good hot-spots that anyone recommends that I should hit up? I'll be heading to Indonesia, Cambodia, Thailand, and Vietnam.

smiller1

Postby smiller1 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:52 pm

This is my first TLS message. But seems you guys like to have fun, and I'm all about it! Plus I know no one in Iowa, so maybe I can join in your early August fun to accommodate myself with the Midwest, new friends, and school!

For sure, man. The more the merrier. So, what's your story? (what's your name, where are you from, etc.)

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:06 pm

Welcome! Let us know when you get into town so you can come hang out. The more people we have, the less direct contact ty and sam have to have... Which is a good thing.

The asia trip sounds fun... Wish I could make good recommendations, but, alas, I'm not so fortunate. Questions about booze, hookah, cigars, colorado, seattle, des moines, baseball, and music I can answer though. Maybe a few other things, but those are the ones with the most exhaustve (publicly appropriate) information banks in my mind.

bbermud

Postby bbermud » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:44 pm

chrisbru wrote:Welcome! Let us know when you get into town so you can come hang out. The more people we have, the less direct contact ty and sam have to have... Which is a good thing.

The asia trip sounds fun... Wish I could make good recommendations, but, alas, I'm not so fortunate. Questions about booze, hookah, cigars, colorado, seattle, des moines, baseball, and music I can answer though. Maybe a few other things, but those are the ones with the most exhaustve (publicly appropriate) information banks in my mind.

I get into IC on the Aug 4th so the party can officially start then. Just saying...

klm4634

Postby klm4634 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:12 pm

chrisbru wrote:How about we make this the plan? Starting in early august we spend as much time in IC as work allows. Mornings are golf, post lunch is moving, evening is drinking game/ above ground pooling, and nights are for getting shitty in iowa city. #winning

I like this plan a lot, actually. Except for the golf. I hardcore suck. As for Iowa City nightlife, where do people recommend we go? I actually haven't spent a whole lot of time there, considering I went to school in the middle of fucking nowhere Missouri. I'm ready to finally live in civilization again.

ERojo

Postby ERojo » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:26 pm

smiller1 wrote:

For sure, man. The more the merrier. So, what's your story? (what's your name, where are you from, etc.)

Thanks, I must agree...the more the merrier (especially if there's some Macallan 18 to begin the party with)! Estiven Rojo raised in Miami, FL but lived my college years in Orlando attending UCF and working at KSC.

crit_racer

Postby crit_racer » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:35 pm

bbermud wrote:So I'm heading to SE Asia in about a week. Any good hot-spots that anyone recommends that I should hit up? I'll be heading to Indonesia, Cambodia, Thailand, and Vietnam.

Not going to Iowa, but I can help w/ this question! It might be out of your way, but you should go to Macau near Hong Kong for some crazy gambling/shenanigans. Be prepared to spend $$, tho.

Good job choosing to go to Vietnam. It is just as pretty/prettier than Thailand but without all the crazy tourist crap in Thailand (not that there's anything wrong w/ that scene, but it's nice to mix things up and get a bit more authentic). KL isn't bad either, though I wouldn't go out of my way to get there. Have fun!

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:58 pm

Nightlife in IC is a blast. You'll be comfortable in pretty much every bar in the city. The ped mall has a good number of bars all within a few city blocks and most aren't accessible to traffic. Pretty cool atmosphere.

Only thing I can think of that IC is lacking is a good dance club that people actually go to. Summit doesn't count...

Is there a honkeytonk/country bar in IC? I need my two step fix once a month.

klm4634

Postby klm4634 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:13 pm

There actually is! This one I know because my sister loves it, and took me with her. The Wildwood, which is a bit outside the city, has live country music on weekends as well as line dancing lessons/dancing on Thursday nights. It's ridiculously fun. I recommend The Big Green Tractor or Watermelon Crawls for drinks if you want something other than beer.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:35 pm

Yesss. We have to go sometime. I can volunteer to drive even.

skirschner1

Postby skirschner1 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:39 pm

Sorry I'm late to the party but I'm down for golf anytime. I'm living close to Finkbine so I'm sure I'll be there often in late July/early August.

klm4634

Postby klm4634 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:39 pm

Yes! I am so glad someone else likes to country dance! And I will take you up on your driving offer, haha.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:19 pm

klm4634 wrote:considering I went to school in the middle of fucking nowhere Missouri

welcome to middle of fucking nowhere iowa. :P

jk........................................ kinda.

bbermud

Postby bbermud » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:29 pm

skirschner1 wrote:Sorry I'm late to the party but I'm down for golf anytime. I'm living close to Finkbine so I'm sure I'll be there often in late July/early August.

nice. im on melrose. only a 5 minute walk to the law building for me. which means ill probably be waking up 10 minutes before class.

typ3

Postby typ3 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:07 am

smiller1 wrote:
So I got the keys to my place and I'm still waiting for Sam to bring over her house warming gift aka Macallan 18 and a lap dance. I figure I might throw up after one of those things

My lap dances cause people to yak out of HAPPINESS. You could only be so lucky.

Congrats on getting the keys to your place, by the way! Your movers ever show up?

Nope.. they claim tomorrow night now.

Is anyone looking for furniture.. I already know without my other truck here that my place isn't large enough for all my stuff. Hence I'm likely going to be selling a desk or two, a couch with matching love seat, a wing back chair, a few bookcases, lots of lamps, some paintings, etc. I'll post pictures tomorrow night or on Friday.

smiller1

Postby smiller1 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:49 am

Is anyone looking for furniture.. I already know without my other truck here that my place isn't large enough for all my stuff. Hence I'm likely going to be selling a desk or two, a couch with matching love seat, a wing back chair, a few bookcases, lots of lamps, some paintings, etc. I'll post pictures tomorrow night or on Friday.

I hope our intense hatred for each other isn't going to stop you from hooking this girl up! I'd honestly be interested in purchasing a ton of that stuff, given it's in decent condition, isn't fugly, and you aren't charging an arm and a leg for it (my stipping career would take a huge hit if I were missing any appendages...)

typ3

Postby typ3 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:22 am

smiller1 wrote:

I hope our intense hatred for each other isn't going to stop you from hooking this girl up! I'd honestly be interested in purchasing a ton of that stuff, given it's in decent condition, isn't fugly, and you aren't charging an arm and a leg for it (my stipping career would take a huge hit if I were missing any appendages...)

Who said anything about hate? I'll give you a shout when I find out everything that fits and doesn't. You can decide what you want etc. I'm assuming that I'll just store it in my garage until you get your own place?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”