IOWA 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
smiller1

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby smiller1 » Thu May 05, 2011 5:29 pm

smiller1 wrote:

Haha, well consider this your tryout. I'm still on the fence after ASW. You did call me a "7."

I'm surprised you remembered that. It must have done exactly what it was intended to do... Make you feel attractive, but just a little bit, so you still need to get my approval. And we all know the preferred method of that...

You can't beat me at my own game, Chris. Haha.

smiller1 wrote:
This, though replace bourbon with gin. I'm super competitive so my favorite bar (life?) activities involves drinking+pool/darts/etc. Anyone here play poker? I've been wanting to get a game going forever (my girlfriends are not too fond of cards.)

Bleck, gin is NOT delicious. I can drink it on occasion, but would never choose it over anything else.

At this point, you were dead to me. Until...

We should definitely get a poker game started. Finding girls that like to play poker is a hard thing to do, but they always make the game more enjoyable (if they don't suck.) I'll host at my house, since I have the space for a big game.

Yes! Let's do this, and if you're cool having it at your place, all the better. My apartment is small and has noise restrictions (which is problematic since I tend to get very loud when I win..and I win a lot.)

When do you move down, by the way? I think I remember you saying July-ish?

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Thu May 05, 2011 5:35 pm

smiller1 wrote:You can't beat me at my own game, Chris. Haha.

Yes! Let's do this, and if you're cool having it at your place, all the better. My apartment is small and has noise restrictions (which is problematic since I tend to get very loud when I win..and I win a lot.)

We'll see who wins this one... We have three years together my friend, and you only have the "Chris has a gf" protection card for (what I'm sure will be) a little bit longer. I'm not historically good at making distance relationships last.

We can definitely have this (and many other evenings of debauchery) at my place. I close on my house July 15th, so I'll be up there as much as my (currently non-existent) job schedule for the summer allows from that point forward!

smiller1

Postby smiller1 » Thu May 05, 2011 6:04 pm

We can definitely have this (and many other evenings of debauchery) at my place. I close on my house July 15th, so I'll be up there as much as my (currently non-existent) job schedule for the summer allows from that point forward!

Excellent. Well, we'll have to make sure that month before law school if filled with epics amount of debauchery...Let's see just how many brain cells we can kill! We don't want to make this curve too difficult for everybody else...ha.

Well, on that note, I'm off to get a head start on the braincell-icide. Margaritas!

Happy Cinco de Mayo, folks! Adios.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Thu May 05, 2011 6:12 pm

smiller1 wrote:

Excellent. Well, we'll have to make sure that month before law school if filled with epics amount of debauchery...Let's see just how many brain cells we can kill! We don't want to make this curve too difficult for everybody else...ha.

Well, on that note, I'm off to get a head start on the braincell-icide. Margaritas!

Happy Cinco de Mayo, folks! Adios.

Now now... Let's not out ourselves as cocky assholes THIS early.

Have fun! I'm off to a Cinco de Mayo block party soon as well.

Anyone else doing anything fun for the number 4 drinking holiday?

typ3

Postby typ3 » Thu May 05, 2011 10:00 pm

chrisbru wrote:
smiller1 wrote:You can't beat me at my own game, Chris. Haha.

We'll see who wins this one... We have three years together my friend, and you only have the "Chris has a gf" protection card for (what I'm sure will be) a little bit longer. I'm not historically good at making distance relationships last.

So the GF isn't moving back to Iowa? I thought she was? :shock:

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Mon May 09, 2011 3:35 pm

typ3 wrote:

Iowa, yes, temporarily. But not Iowa City. She didn't get into school, so she needs to find a degree-related job... And IC probably isn't the easiest place for that. She'll be in Des Moines, Minneapolis, or Chicago, hopefully.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Tue May 10, 2011 1:11 am

This video is hilarious. Anti-gunner theme set to Cee Lo Green.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQsPC2n4T6Q&feature=player_embedded#at=10

DocHawkeye

Postby DocHawkeye » Tue May 10, 2011 6:07 pm

Denied today via status checker. Gonna miss Iowa City in the fall - good luck to all of the Hawkeyes.

Edit: It appears that they're now working through the waitlist, for those of you still awaiting a response.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Tue May 10, 2011 7:00 pm

DocHawkeye wrote:Denied today via status checker. Gonna miss Iowa City in the fall - good luck to all of the Hawkeyes.

Edit: It appears that they're now working through the waitlist, for those of you still awaiting a response.

UNL then, DH? Best of luck!

DocHawkeye

Postby DocHawkeye » Tue May 10, 2011 7:09 pm

chrisbru wrote:
DocHawkeye wrote:Denied today via status checker. Gonna miss Iowa City in the fall - good luck to all of the Hawkeyes.

UNL then, DH? Best of luck!

Indeed. This cycle has been quite the ride and has ended better than I had feared though not quite as well as I had hoped.

typ3

Postby typ3 » Wed May 11, 2011 12:51 am

chrisbru wrote:
typ3 wrote:

Iowa, yes, temporarily. But not Iowa City. She didn't get into school, so she needs to find a degree-related job... And IC probably isn't the easiest place for that. She'll be in Des Moines, Minneapolis, or Chicago, hopefully.

Ouch. Sorry to hear that. Well, in that case I guess you better settle for Sam. I feel sorry that you'll have to take such a large step down in female companion. :P

JOThompson

Postby JOThompson » Wed May 11, 2011 10:02 am

If anyone would like a free set of the orientation books/supplements (current?), I should be back in IC by the middle of August.

Slimpee

Postby Slimpee » Wed May 11, 2011 10:18 am

JOThompson wrote:If anyone would like a free set of the orientation books/supplements (current?), I should be back in IC by the middle of August.

I do, JO! I'm going to retake it and Gun Gun Gun!

tea_drinker

Postby tea_drinker » Wed May 11, 2011 11:48 am

del
Last edited by tea_drinker on Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Wed May 11, 2011 1:12 pm

typ3 wrote:
Ouch. Sorry to hear that. Well, in that case I guess you better settle for Sam. I feel sorry that you'll have to take such a large step down in female companion. :P

This made me :lol:

However, it will probably make Sam :roll:

smiller1

Postby smiller1 » Wed May 11, 2011 1:46 pm

typ3 wrote:

Ouch. Sorry to hear that. Well, in that case I guess you better settle for Sam. I feel sorry that you'll have to take such a large step down in female companion.

Well, I am a "7"...so if you're gf is a 8,9, or 10, then this is a step down indeed, Chris. Very disappointing. I expected more from you.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Wed May 11, 2011 2:57 pm

smiller1 wrote:
typ3 wrote:

Ouch. Sorry to hear that. Well, in that case I guess you better settle for Sam. I feel sorry that you'll have to take such a large step down in female companion.

Well, I am a "7"...so if you're gf is a 8,9, or 10, then this is a step down indeed, Chris. Very disappointing. I expected more from you.

You know I don't date lower than 8s...

smiller1

Postby smiller1 » Wed May 11, 2011 4:31 pm

Neither do I. I guess we're both out of our own leagues.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Wed May 11, 2011 5:28 pm

smiller1 wrote:

This was not a well thought out statement... It doesn't quite convey the point you are trying to make.

However, I readily admitted that I'm probably more of a 6. It's my charm and wit that make up for it. :D

smiller1

Postby smiller1 » Wed May 11, 2011 6:21 pm

smiller1 wrote:
Quote:

This was not a well thought out statement... It doesn't quite convey the point you are trying to make.

On the contrary. The point I was making was a backhanded way of saying you're not an 8 either...that we couldn't date each other because neither of us are in the other's league.

However, I readily admitted that I'm probably more of a 6. It's my charm and wit that make up for it.

:lol:

smiller1

Postby smiller1 » Wed May 11, 2011 6:23 pm

...man, I sure sound like a bitch reading that back. You're a 10 to me Chris, haha. There. Fixed.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Wed May 11, 2011 6:24 pm

smiller1 wrote:
smiller1 wrote:
Quote:

On the contrary. The point I was making was a backhanded way of saying you're not an 8 either...that we couldn't date each other because neither of us are in the other's league.

Hm... I guess I interpret "out of my league" as meaning above what we can get. I guess it makes sense, I just would have prefered:

"Neither do I. I guess neither of us would settle for ourselves."

ETA:

smiller1 wrote:...man, I sure sound like a bitch reading that back. You're a 10 to me Chris, haha. There. Fixed.

Don't get sappy on me, Sam. We can express ourselves through sarcasm without hurting the others feelings. Unlike you, I don't need validation ;-)

But, just to make sure everyone knows I'm not a bitch either, you're a 10 to me too. Well, a 9, at least.

smiller1

Postby smiller1 » Wed May 11, 2011 6:28 pm

Neither do I. I guess neither of us would settle for ourselves

I concede. That sounds better (my soul is crying). But if we're playing this game, then do I get to go through the last 46 pages of TLS posts and rewrite every instance where something could have been put better? :wink:

Don't get sappy on me, Sam. We can express ourselves through sarcasm without hurting the others feelings. Unlike you, I don't need validation

Oh good, this verifies that we got to know each other well enough in March that you realize I just jest. I was only slightly concerned.

Unlike you, I don't need validation

Oh, well I don't NEED validation. I just constantly recieve it (a consequence of awesomeness.)

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Wed May 11, 2011 7:00 pm

smiller1 wrote:
I concede. That sounds better (my soul is crying). But if we're playing this game, then do I get to go through the last 46 pages of TLS posts and rewrite every instance where something could have been put better? :wink:

Yes, please do. That would make for very interesting reading.

smiller1 wrote:
Oh, well I don't NEED validation. I just constantly recieve it (a consequence of awesomeness.)

Get OVER yourself, nerd. :roll:

smiller1

Postby smiller1 » Thu May 12, 2011 11:53 am

Get OVER yourself, nerd.

Hate, hate, hate. Why so cranky?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”