IOWA 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
typ3

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby typ3 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:30 pm

chrisbru wrote:
typ3 wrote:Chris, you should be ashamed to call yourself a cyclone alum spouting off like that with Iowa's fight song ;)

Hey... I went to school there. That doesn't mean I wasn't a Hawk fan first!

Well, I guess I will have to be a hawk fan for most saturdays unless they're playing the Huskers.

Just bought my tix and shirt.

Slimpee

Postby Slimpee » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:32 am

typ3 wrote:
chrisbru wrote:
typ3 wrote:Chris, you should be ashamed to call yourself a cyclone alum spouting off like that with Iowa's fight song ;)

Well, I guess I will have to be a hawk fan for most saturdays unless they're playing the Huskers.

Yo, you from Nebraska? I was born and raised in Lincoln and speak up for Nebraska quite often in Iowa City. Most people are excited for the rivalry. I ask them if they're excited to lose...

typ3

Postby typ3 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:20 am

Slimpee wrote:
typ3 wrote:
chrisbru wrote:

Yo, you from Nebraska? I was born and raised in Lincoln and speak up for Nebraska quite often in Iowa City. Most people are excited for the rivalry. I ask them if they're excited to lose...

Nope. I was born in the state to the north of Nebraska. I am in Lincoln atm for UG. I'll be bringing one from Elkhorn with me next year. So if you are interested in watching the skers with us on Saturday I'm totally down. I am actually debating whether or not I should get a huskers tailgating tent to tailgate with in IC. I might wear yellow / black to the game, but that's as much as I'll wear.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:29 pm

Slimpee wrote:ln and speak up for Nebraska quite often in Iowa City. Most people are excited for the rivalry. I ask them if they're excited to lose...

If we were to accurately analyze the matchup this year before seeing either team play... Then the hawks probably will lose. But it will for sure be a good game!

typ3

Postby typ3 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:48 pm

chrisbru wrote:
Slimpee wrote:ln and speak up for Nebraska quite often in Iowa City. Most people are excited for the rivalry. I ask them if they're excited to lose...

If we were to accurately analyze the matchup this year before seeing either team play... Then the hawks probably will lose. But it will for sure be a good game!

The program at Neb is on an upward swing. Iowa... not so much.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:01 pm

typ3 wrote:
chrisbru wrote:

True. Remember when you Neb got beat by Iowa State at home? Not such a shining moment for the program.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:47 pm

Any cubs fans in here?

typ3

Postby typ3 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:00 pm

chrisbru wrote:
typ3 wrote:
chrisbru wrote:

True. Remember when you Neb got beat by Iowa State at home? Not such a shining moment for the program.

Remember that same year how they won the Big 12 North and got jobbed by Big12 officials in the championship game against Texas?

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:04 pm

typ3 wrote:
Remember that same year how they won the Big 12 North and got jobbed by Big12 officials in the championship game against Texas?

Ok. Fair.

I admit it, I just effing hate the Huskers.

maahs07

Postby maahs07 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:33 pm

chrisbru wrote:Any cubs fans in here?

Go Cubs Go. We should organize a Wrigley trip.

chrisbru wrote:
typ3 wrote:

Ok. Fair.

I also can't stand Nebraska or its fans when it comes to College FB, but I won't hold it against the Huskers in here since you can't be totally misguided if you are coming to Iowa! There are only so many times you can try to trump any argument with a comment on their mid-90's success...I mean it was 15 years ago...c'mon.

maahs07

Postby maahs07 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:36 pm

maahs07 wrote:

chrisbru wrote:
typ3 wrote:

Ok. Fair.

I also can't stand Nebraska or its fans when it comes to College FB, but I won't hold it against the Huskers in here since you can't be totally misguided if you are coming to Iowa! There are only so many times you can try to trump any argument with a comment on their mid-90's success...I mean it was 15 years ago...c'mon.

Not that anybody in here does that...I'm just speaking from experience with the Nebraska fans I currently know.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:42 pm

maahs07 wrote:

Abso-frigging-lutely. What about going to Chi to see them vs. the Cardinals the weekend between orientation and start of classes? August 19/20.

goodgrief

Postby goodgrief » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:46 pm

chrisbru wrote:
maahs07 wrote:

Abso-frigging-lutely. What about going to Chi to see them vs. the Cardinals the weekend between orientation and start of classes? August 19/20.

Let's go Astros! Anyone? No?

Well, we can all hate the Cardinals together, I guess.

maahs07

Postby maahs07 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:54 pm

chrisbru wrote:
maahs07 wrote:

I'd be down for sure if we could snag tix. I've only been to 1 game and that was when I was like 14 and I've been dying to go again.

typ3

Postby typ3 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:02 pm

maahs07 wrote:

chrisbru wrote:
typ3 wrote:

Ok. Fair.

That's a lot better than Iowa fans and their one disputed national championship in 1958.

Regardless, Husker fans might think they are the best and can be arrogant (like all fan bases) but at least they are nothing like those meth mouth fans from Mizzou or those morons in Boulder. I know fellow students who had their cars vandalized while at those games and a few horror stories from family members and CU/MU fans pouring cups of urine on people, including an 11 year old kid.

Oh wait. They don't have anything on those fans in Columbus.

typ3

Postby typ3 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:03 pm

maahs07 wrote:
chrisbru wrote:
maahs07 wrote:

I'd be down for sure if we could snag tix. I've only been to 1 game and that was when I was like 14 and I've been dying to go again.

I am totally a twins fan. So if anyone wants to go to the TC's I'm down ;)

goodgrief

Postby goodgrief » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:09 pm

@maahs07 - I'm a huge fan of your avatar. Go Gunners!

Anyone know of any decent pubs for watching the EPL in Iowa City/Coralville/the general area?

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:34 pm

typ3 wrote:

Totally in. I love the Twins and Minneapolis.

maahs07

Postby maahs07 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:50 pm

goodgrief wrote:@maahs07 - I'm a huge fan of your avatar. Go Gunners!

Anyone know of any decent pubs for watching the EPL in Iowa City/Coralville/the general area?

Yesss! I love meeting fellow Arsenal supporters!! I'm not sure on the popularity of the EPL in Iowa City, but there's not much of a following here in Cedar Falls...and most games are on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Whenever I wear my Walcott jersey I will get one or two people who say nice shirt though :D

chrisbru wrote:
typ3 wrote:

Totally in. I love the Twins and Minneapolis.

I've been to 1 Cubs game and 3 Twins games hahaha. I maintain that the Twins are my AL team. Target Field is legit and I always have a good time up there. You ever been to the Shout House piano bar? One of the best times I've ever had.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:11 pm

maahs07 wrote:
I've been to 1 Cubs game and 3 Twins games hahaha. I maintain that the Twins are my AL team. Target Field is legit and I always have a good time up there. You ever been to the Shout House piano bar? One of the best times I've ever had.

Shout House rocks. Iowa City has two piano bars now, if I remember correctly. One just opened in the last month or two.

maahs07

Postby maahs07 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:11 pm

chrisbru wrote:
maahs07 wrote:

Shout House rocks. Iowa City has two piano bars now, if I remember correctly. One just opened in the last month or two.

Nice..I didn't know that. We will have to check them out during our aformentioned pre-semester festivities.

theothertiffany

Postby theothertiffany » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:58 am

BTW housing list is up.

JOThompson

Postby JOThompson » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:15 am

theothertiffany wrote:BTW housing list is up.

If anyone needs affordable and convenient housing for next year, my 1L friends have a house located three blocks from the school. PM for more details.

typ3

Postby typ3 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:00 pm

Does anyone know if the BTN comes free with Mediacom's basic cable or do I need to purchase it with a sports pack? It's free with my current cable company but I don't know how they do things in Iowa under the iron fist of Mediacom.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:16 pm

typ3 wrote:Does anyone know if the BTN comes free with Mediacom's basic cable or do I need to purchase it with a sports pack? It's free with my current cable company but I don't know how they do things in Iowa under the iron fist of Mediacom.

pretty sure it comes free with the basic cable package.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”