IOWA 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
typ3

Re: IOWA 2011

Postby typ3 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:47 am

chrisbru wrote:
typ3 wrote:
I'll be headed to Minneapolis for the hawk v gopher game as well as the husker v hawk game. So if anyone needs a ride let me know.

Those would both be fun. I'll try to make it to Lincoln, but with the game on Friday instead of Saturday this year (annoying) it might be hard with family Thanksgiving obligations.

No. It's way better that it's on Friday. I've grown accustomed to the day after Thanksgiving football. The viewership #'s are a lot higher on Friday than Saturday because Saturday is swamped with games. It's sort of a bear getting there, but if you're not a shopper you should be able to make the trip.

If the ladies in the family are giving you hell about going to the game and getting drunk with the guys just give them a hundy and tell them to go out to JC Penny's or something.

typ3

Postby typ3 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:13 pm

K I guess I am in at Iowa. Signing papers for a 4 bedroom 2 1/2 bath later today via fax from a realtor.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:20 pm

typ3 wrote:
No. It's way better that it's on Friday. I've grown accustomed to the day after Thanksgiving football. The viewership #'s are a lot higher on Friday than Saturday because Saturday is swamped with games. It's sort of a bear getting there, but if you're not a shopper you should be able to make the trip.

If the ladies in the family are giving you hell about going to the game and getting drunk with the guys just give them a hundy and tell them to go out to JC Penny's or something.

Oh, I agree... But unfortunately we travel for Thanksgiving, so the 8 hour drive to Lincoln hungover on Friday doesn't sound fun. I'll just watch it on TV with the family.

typ3 wrote:K I guess I am in at Iowa. Signing papers for a 4 bedroom 2 1/2 bath later today via fax from a realtor.

Congrats! What part of town?

stlisforlovers

Postby stlisforlovers » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:30 pm

typ3 wrote:

You should also slap them on the ass and call them toots. I hear the ladies appreciate that.

goodgrief

Postby goodgrief » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:32 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:
typ3 wrote:

You should also slap them on the ass and call them toots. I hear the ladies appreciate that.

+1

typ3

Postby typ3 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:31 pm

chrisbru wrote:
typ3 wrote:

Oh, I agree... But unfortunately we travel for Thanksgiving, so the 8 hour drive to Lincoln hungover on Friday doesn't sound fun. I'll just watch it on TV with the family.

typ3 wrote:K I guess I am in at Iowa. Signing papers for a 4 bedroom 2 1/2 bath later today via fax from a realtor.

Congrats! What part of town?

Just north of Campus off of Dubuque by Terrell Mill Park.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:33 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:You should also slap them on the ass and call them toots. I hear the ladies appreciate that.

I've never been able to use this word online... There's no good way to spell it so that it doesn't read like the plural form of a gastric expulsion.

typ3

Postby typ3 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:59 pm

Chris, do you have any info on tailgating spots?

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:27 pm

typ3 wrote:Chris, do you have any info on tailgating spots?

Unfortunately, no. I've never tailgated in Iowa City, I've always just gone to the bars (since I turned 21 before the 21+ law went into effect.)

I have heard that the law school puts on a good tailgate... But I'm not sure the drinking rules there.

Any current students know? Is there a student lot or anything like that?

maahs07

Postby maahs07 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:00 pm

chrisbru wrote:
typ3 wrote:Chris, do you have any info on tailgating spots?

Unfortunately, no. I've never tailgated in Iowa City, I've always just gone to the bars (since I turned 21 before the 21+ law went into effect.)

I have heard that the law school puts on a good tailgate... But I'm not sure the drinking rules there.

Any current students know? Is there a student lot or anything like that?

Whenever I go down to IC to tailgate I always end up at some of the bigger tailgates on Melrose. Always a good time, but finding a place to take a leak is always a problem...

Slimpee

Postby Slimpee » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:56 pm

The law school lot turns into a big tailgate section. The law school puts on a great spread but because it's sponsored by a different firm each week (or at least not the same one each week) and there are lots of alums, I would hold it together while at the school.

This year there were several law students who live fairly close to the stadium so there was always a tailgate to go to.

The whole area becomes inundated w/ people...it's pretty cool

typ3

Postby typ3 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:07 pm

Is there anywhere to get Iowa law gear anywhere besides the bookstore in the school and through their online catalog? Is there a main university bookstore that has stuff? I don't know my way on campus to save my life.

DocHawkeye

Postby DocHawkeye » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:42 am

typ3 wrote:Is there anywhere to get Iowa law gear anywhere besides the bookstore in the school and through their online catalog? Is there a main university bookstore that has stuff? I don't know my way on campus to save my life.

The University bookstore is located in the the Old Capital Town Center (it is a shopping mall partially owned by the University) and it located to the south of the Pentacrest, a cluster of five buildings in the "center" of campus at includes the Old Capital building. There is also University Book and Supply, which is not actually affiliated with the University and has more gift items, located accross the street from the Pentacrest to the east. I don't know if either of these locations sells law school related items, as its been a while since I've been in either of them.

JOThompson

Postby JOThompson » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:34 am

DocHawkeye wrote:
typ3 wrote:Is there anywhere to get Iowa law gear anywhere besides the bookstore in the school and through their online catalog? Is there a main university bookstore that has stuff? I don't know my way on campus to save my life.

The University bookstore is located in the the Old Capital Town Center (it is a shopping mall partially owned by the University) and it located to the south of the Pentacrest, a cluster of five buildings in the "center" of campus at includes the Old Capital building. There is also University Book and Supply, which is not actually affiliated with the University and has more gift items, located accross the street from the Pentacrest to the east. I don't know if either of these locations sells law school related items, as its been a while since I've been in either of them.

For the most part, only the law school bookstore carries law gear. UniversiTees may still sell the gray College of Law shirts, but I haven't noticed any other items available in the ped mall area stores.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:55 am

Football tickets purchased! Looking forward to a fun season!

The word is "Fight! Fight! Fight! for IOWA,
Let every loyal Iowan sing;
The word is "Fight! Fight! Fight! for IOWA,"
Until the walls and rafters ring (Go Hawks!)
Come on and cheer, cheer, cheer, for IOWA
Come on and cheer until you hear the final gun.
The word is "Fight! Fight! Fight! for IOWA,"
Until the game is won.

tea_drinker

Postby tea_drinker » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:56 am

k
Last edited by tea_drinker on Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tea_drinker

Postby tea_drinker » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:58 am

k
Last edited by tea_drinker on Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theothertiffany

Postby theothertiffany » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:33 pm

Wah I'm having issues getting student tickets. I got my account activated but when i got to get student football tickets it says "No Events/Items Available...Click here to continue" but the stupid click here link takes me to the general public ticket page. Anyone else having this problem?

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:37 pm

theothertiffany wrote:Wah I'm having issues getting student tickets. I got my account activated but when i got to get student football tickets it says "No Events/Items Available...Click here to continue" but the stupid click here link takes me to the general public ticket page. Anyone else having this problem?

Yup. Email tickets@hawkeyesports.com and tell them that you're seeing this message. They have to tweak something on their end, and then they'll let you know that you should log out and log back in and then you'll be good to go!

theothertiffany

Postby theothertiffany » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:51 pm

chrisbru wrote:
theothertiffany wrote:Wah I'm having issues getting student tickets. I got my account activated but when i got to get student football tickets it says "No Events/Items Available...Click here to continue" but the stupid click here link takes me to the general public ticket page. Anyone else having this problem?

Yup. Email tickets@hawkeyesports.com and tell them that you're seeing this message. They have to tweak something on their end, and then they'll let you know that you should log out and log back in and then you'll be good to go!

Purchased! Thanks Chris! I called them earlier and this exacerbated sounding girl was just like, "wait until it's closer to orientation". After I sent the e-mail they fixed it in 1 minute and replied back. :)

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:53 pm

theothertiffany wrote:
Purchased! Thanks Chris! I called them earlier and this exacerbated sounding girl was just like, "wait until it's closer to orientation". After I sent the e-mail they fixed it in 1 minute and replied back. :)

They were SUPER quick. Glad you got yours! Did you get a student section t-shirt? I wanted to order two ($5 t-shirts FTW) but it would only let me get one.

theothertiffany

Postby theothertiffany » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:28 pm

chrisbru wrote:
theothertiffany wrote:

They were SUPER quick. Glad you got yours! Did you get a student section t-shirt? I wanted to order two ($5 t-shirts FTW) but it would only let me get one.

I did get a shirt I since it was only $5. If it's ugly at least we'll all be ugly together :)

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:55 pm

theothertiffany wrote:
I did get a shirt I since it was only $5. If it's ugly at least we'll all be ugly together :)

Incorrect application of the transitive property. Ugly shirt + Attractive Person =/= Ugly person.

:lol:

typ3

Postby typ3 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:20 pm

Chris, you should be ashamed to call yourself a cyclone alum spouting off like that with Iowa's fight song ;)

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:46 pm

typ3 wrote:Chris, you should be ashamed to call yourself a cyclone alum spouting off like that with Iowa's fight song ;)

Hey... I went to school there. That doesn't mean I wasn't a Hawk fan first!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”