IOWA 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
chrisbru

Gold

Re: IOWA 2011

Post by chrisbru » Tue May 31, 2011 11:08 am

smiller1 wrote:
If anyone needs help moving carrying stuff closer to when orientation begins I can offer my services. Will work for a cold beer.
Word to this. I will supply a disgusting amount of booze for whoever will help me move. I'm all on my own! I don't suppose anyone has a truck or anything for moving? All I have is a tiny car. I'm screwed.
Oops. I didn't have my contacts in. Definitely a 7.
This thread is truly a roller coaster of emotions for my ego.
+1 on "will work for beer."

Does anyone know how to build a bags/cornhole set? I'd like to make one for backyard parties @ mi casa and for tailgating, but I'm not as handy as I pretend to be. There will be regulation size beerbee/polish frisbee/whatever you call that throw-a-frisbee-at-bottles-on-poles and beer darts courts, as well as a transportable beer pong table. Other recommendations for kickass drinking games are being taken.

Oh, and Sam... Might as well check your ego at the door for three years. Otherwise, it may get beat into submission.

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Tue May 31, 2011 11:43 am

I am good at making bean bag boards. I don't have any of my saws with me but if someone has one and some ply wood I can make one for you in like 15 minutes + the time for paint to dry.

Sam I have a truck with a tow hitch but I don't know when you're moving and from where or I could help you out. I'm just afraid you're baiting for an obvious rape trap or to steal my organs. Yikes, better sign Chris up. :wink:

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Tue May 31, 2011 12:58 pm

typ3 wrote:I am good at making bean bag boards. I don't have any of my saws with me but if someone has one and some ply wood I can make one for you in like 15 minutes + the time for paint to dry.

Sam I have a truck with a tow hitch but I don't know when you're moving and from where or I could help you out. I'm just afraid you're baiting for an obvious rape trap or to steal my organs. Yikes, better sign Chris up. :wink:

Stealing organs to sell on the black market = brilliant plan to pay for law school. Good work, Sam, that kind of thinking will get you places.

I've heard she yells surprise before attacking her victims, though... And I've heard it said that it's not rape if you say surprise first.

That one is going to make great impressions... Whoops.

smiller1

New

Post by smiller1 » Tue May 31, 2011 1:46 pm

Sam I have a truck with a tow hitch but I don't know when you're moving and from where or I could help you out.
So, I'm moving literally only five blocks (from by West High School to across from Finkbine Golfcourse) so if you could help me out, you would be my hero. I would totally be your bitch for life (and since Chris is already my bitch, it's like you're getting two bitches for the price of one!)
Stealing organs to sell on the black market = brilliant plan to pay for law school. Good work, Sam, that kind of thinking will get you places.

I've heard she yells surprise before attacking her victims, though... And I've heard it said that it's not rape if you say surprise first.
Rape? I'm OFFENDED! It's not rape at all...just "surprise sex."

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Tue May 31, 2011 3:27 pm

smiller1 wrote:
Sam I have a truck with a tow hitch but I don't know when you're moving and from where or I could help you out.
So, I'm moving literally only five blocks (from by West High School to across from Finkbine Golfcourse) so if you could help me out, you would be my hero. I would totally be your bitch for life (and since Chris is already my bitch, it's like you're getting two bitches for the price of one!)

Nailed it.

And, since I'm sucker for you anyway, I'll help too. When are you moving? Did you mention that already?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Tue May 31, 2011 3:48 pm

chrisbru wrote:
smiller1 wrote:

Nailed it.

And, since I'm sucker for you anyway, I'll help too. When are you moving? Did you mention that already?
Hmm... given Sam's proximity to finkbine we should just grill and tresspass at her place after our daily round. Better have hot cookies waiting for Chris, Sam. Chris can be quite the downer when he doesn't get his daily fix of baked goods. And by Chris I mean me.

smiller1

New

Post by smiller1 » Tue May 31, 2011 3:58 pm

I'll help too. When are you moving? Did you mention that already?
Yay! (Though now I'm going to have to actually be nice to you, Chris...very conflicting.) I'm hoping to move in Aug 1st or 2nd (a Monday or Tuesday.) If I could get any help from strong, manly men such as yourself, that would be great! I had not figured out yet how I was going to move couches/etc. on my own. :)
Better have hot cookies waiting for Chris, Sam. Chris can be quite the downer when he doesn't get his daily fix of baked goods. And by Chris I mean me.
I have a proposition...you guys pay for my law school, and I'll totally be your 1L housewife. I'll get just stupid domestic for ya. Cookies, happy hour martinis, foot massages, you name it. And it will only costs you tens of thousands of dollars!

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Tue May 31, 2011 4:02 pm

smiller1 wrote:
I have a proposition...you guys pay for my law school, and I'll totally be your 1L housewife. I'll get just stupid domestic for ya. Cookies, happy hour martinis, foot massages, you name it. And it will only costs you tens of thousands of dollars!
Yeah... You may not want to leave that clause in there. Or you might, depending...

As for moving, put me down. Just remind me to get the day off work (from the job I'll hopefully have.) You can come help me decorate my place sometime during the week following July 15th to pay me back :-) You can decorate, yes? Please say yes. I need assistance in that area.

As for post-golf... Yup. Skip the baked goods for me, just a glass of scotch and a good cigar will do. Get a notch cutter though, I don't like the full cut. Macallan 18 year and Macanudo Maduros are preferred.

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Tue May 31, 2011 4:13 pm

smiller1 wrote:
I'll help too. When are you moving? Did you mention that already?
Yay! (Though now I'm going to have to actually be nice to you, Chris...very conflicting.) I'm hoping to move in Aug 1st or 2nd (a Monday or Tuesday.) If I could get any help from strong, manly men such as yourself, that would be great! I had not figured out yet how I was going to move couches/etc. on my own. :)
Better have hot cookies waiting for Chris, Sam. Chris can be quite the downer when he doesn't get his daily fix of baked goods. And by Chris I mean me.
Chris doesn't need a housewife, someone like him needs a mom to take care of him. So if you're in the business for holding his hand, checking under his bed for monsters, cleaning up after him, making sure he doesn't eat only candy, and tucking him in at night in his sesame street pajamas you might have yourself a good deal.

I suppose Chris and I can afford that since neither of us have to pay tuition. However, our beer budget is rather large.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Tue May 31, 2011 4:20 pm

chrisbru wrote:
smiller1 wrote:
Yeah... You may not want to leave that clause in there. Or you might, depending...

As for moving, put me down. Just remind me to get the day off work (from the job I'll hopefully have.) You can come help me decorate my place sometime during the week following July 15th to pay me back :-) You can decorate, yes? Please say yes. I need assistance in that area.

As for post-golf... Yup. Skip the baked goods for me, just a glass of scotch and a good cigar will do. Get a notch cutter though, I don't like the full cut. Macallan 18 year and Macanudo Maduros are preferred.
I just finished a bottle of macallan 18 last week. I am going to pick some up after I get moved in here. I would help you decorate but I'm only too good at that. You'll understand when you come over.

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Tue May 31, 2011 4:58 pm

So I need dinner and things to do in IC suggestions for tonight. I wasted my day at the outlets and at the mall. I mean I figure I'll probably visit the strip club where Sam is working tonight before her 6 am paper delivery route... but I need something to do between now and 1 AM.

I suppose I can ride the carousel at Coral Ridge per your suggestion another time, Chris: but I kept getting weird looks... Hopefully someone on this forum doesn't trick me into attending a drag queen competition... again.
Last edited by typ3 on Tue May 31, 2011 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Tue May 31, 2011 5:16 pm

typ3 wrote:So I need dinner and things to do in IC suggestions for tonight. I wasted my day at the outlets and at the mall. I mean I figure I'll probably visit the strip club where Sam is working tonight before her 6 am paper delivery route... but I need something to do between now and 1 AM.

I mean I suppose I can ride the carousel at Coral Ridge per your suggestion another time Chris but I kep getting weird looks... Hopefully someone on this forum doesn't trick me into attending a drag queen competition... again.
Um... I feel like there's a story here that should be shared.

PS - You must be bored. Didn't you bring along the ladyfriend to keep you company?

smiller1

New

Post by smiller1 » Tue May 31, 2011 5:22 pm

I mean I figure I'll probably visit the strip club where Sam is working tonight before her 6 am paper delivery route... but I need something to do between now and 1 AM.
Give me some credit...I'm not going to be working at the club on a weeknight. Strippers need 8 hours of sleep too!

I must admit though I'm interested in meeting you...I like to put a face to whoever calls me a stripper (and there are many of you...) So, I'm grabbing dinner with some girlfriends at 6 downtown, but should be free around 7 if you wanna grab a beer (no raging for me though...I got that morning paper route, after all!)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Tue May 31, 2011 5:26 pm

chrisbru wrote:
typ3 wrote:So I need dinner and things to do in IC suggestions for tonight. I wasted my day at the outlets and at the mall. I mean I figure I'll probably visit the strip club where Sam is working tonight before her 6 am paper delivery route... but I need something to do between now and 1 AM.

I mean I suppose I can ride the carousel at Coral Ridge per your suggestion another time Chris but I kep getting weird looks... Hopefully someone on this forum doesn't trick me into attending a drag queen competition... again.
Um... I feel like there's a story here that should be shared.

PS - You must be bored. Didn't you bring along the ladyfriend to keep you company?
Chris, that sort of company would be considered indecent and illegal in public. Come on now, I have character and fitness to watch out for. I am bored though. I have a truck stuffed full of things and I can't move in until tomorrow. Iowa City isn't exactly the most exhilirating place. Atleast when you were here you had Sam to do bar tricks. I've ALMOST stooped to seeing bridesmaids... those were some regretable few minutes in my life when I contemplated it.

smiller1

New

Post by smiller1 » Tue May 31, 2011 5:29 pm

Quote:
I mean I figure I'll probably visit the strip club where Sam is working tonight before her 6 am paper delivery route... but I need something to do between now and 1 AM.

Give me some credit...I'm not going to be working at the club on a weeknight. Strippers need 8 hours of sleep too!

I must admit though I'm interested in meeting you...I like to put a face to whoever calls me a stripper (and there are many of you...) So, I'm grabbing dinner with some girlfriends at 6 downtown, but should be free around 7 if you wanna grab a beer (no raging for me though...I got that morning paper route, after all!)
Oh, a phone number would probably be helpful. 319-541-7532.

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Tue May 31, 2011 5:35 pm

smiller1 wrote:

Girlfriends!? When did Chris get into town? ;) As for meeting me I'm surprised you're interested- it would be the first female who claims she is interested in meeting me that I haven't had to give my credit card number to first. I'll let you know since I am still at the outlets right now. I will be in town until the weekend and possibly through it depending on how fast moving in my stuff goes.

smiller1

New

Post by smiller1 » Tue May 31, 2011 5:42 pm

I will be in town until the weekend and possibly through it depending on how fast moving in my stuff goes.

So you're moving in than leaving? That seems silly.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Tue May 31, 2011 5:47 pm

smiller1 wrote:
I will be in town until the weekend and possibly through it depending on how fast moving in my stuff goes.

Not when you have a lake to get to.

I'll be in Boji at roughly 10pm on Thursday evening. You going to be around this weekend? If so, give me a call.

Speaking of which... I may harass you, Sam, during my crazy long drive.

smiller1

New

Post by smiller1 » Tue May 31, 2011 5:54 pm

Do you guys wakeboard/ski? Because I do...and am looking for friends to mooch some boat time off of this summer. (If so, I guess I might actually have to be nice to you two...crap.)

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Tue May 31, 2011 6:02 pm

chrisbru wrote:
smiller1 wrote:

I'll be in Boji at roughly 10pm on Thursday evening. You going to be around this weekend? If so, give me a call.

Speaking of which... I may harass you, Sam, during my crazy long drive.
Yes I have a boat or rather my family does with wakeboards / skis. I don't think Chris or I would be suitable to operate a boat atleast legally with the amount we plan on drinking... So make sure you have a solid life vest.

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Tue May 31, 2011 10:05 pm

It is time for the rest of this Iowa law class to step up. This thread can't consist of just Chris, Sam, and myself.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

klm4634

New

Post by klm4634 » Tue May 31, 2011 11:28 pm

All right. Pitching in here to add to the diversity of the thread. I'm not in Iowa City at the moment, but we definitely do need to make tailgating plans. If nowhere else pans out, I have a suggestion. My sister lives on Melrose Place, literally a block from Kinnick with a big back yard. Advantages: proximity, pre-made bag game (in Hawk colors of course), grill in place, all grad students, blah blah blah. Disadvantage: You can't drive there. You will not be able to make it down Melrose, so you'll have to walk, which can be crazy. However, there it is. Your choice.

Also, not in Iowa City until a week before orientation, I'll be in Des Moines, but does anyone want to go just get super drunk the week before it actually starts? I feel like that won't be as much of an option as soon as classes start, which is sad. I think we should take advantage of free time while we have it.

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Tue May 31, 2011 11:35 pm

klm4634 wrote:All right. Pitching in here to add to the diversity of the thread. I'm not in Iowa City at the moment, but we definitely do need to make tailgating plans. If nowhere else pans out, I have a suggestion. My sister lives on Melrose Place, literally a block from Kinnick with a big back yard. Advantages: proximity, pre-made bag game (in Hawk colors of course), grill in place, all grad students, blah blah blah. Disadvantage: You can't drive there. You will not be able to make it down Melrose, so you'll have to walk, which can be crazy. However, there it is. Your choice.

Also, not in Iowa City until a week before orientation, I'll be in Des Moines, but does anyone want to go just get super drunk the week before it actually starts? I feel like that won't be as much of an option as soon as classes start, which is sad. I think we should take advantage of free time while we have it.
Who are you on the facebook group? I'll add you as a friend.

klm4634

New

Post by klm4634 » Tue May 31, 2011 11:38 pm

I'm Kara Mohs, and it's nice to meet you. :-) I'm also willing to contribute to your cold beer fund, if you are still able to help move in the first week of August. I'll probably need some help, considering the massive amount of crap I've gathered the last four years. I promise, it'll be decent beer.

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Tue May 31, 2011 11:40 pm

klm4634 wrote:I'm Kara Mohs, and it's nice to meet you. :-) I'm also willing to contribute to your cold beer fund, if you are still able to help move in the first week of August. I'll probably need some help, considering the massive amount of crap I've gathered the last four years. I promise, it'll be decent beer.
False alarm. I already friended you a week ago when you first posted. I seem to be very good at matching people's profile names with their facebooks. awkward.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”