IOWA 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
smiller1

New

Re: IOWA 2011

Post by smiller1 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:38 am

Who said anything about hate? I'll give you a shout when I find out everything that fits and doesn't. You can decide what you want etc. I'm assuming that I'll just store it in my garage until you get your own place?

Well, I can probably store a lot of it myself too, so I'd probably just try to store as much of it as I could when I bought it. Just let me know when you know what the situation is/what you don't have room for, and I'll try to take of it off your hands.
(This whole situation may force me to upgrade our relationship from "intense hatred" to "mild contempt.")

THANKS! :D

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:08 am

smiller1 wrote:
Who said anything about hate? I'll give you a shout when I find out everything that fits and doesn't. You can decide what you want etc. I'm assuming that I'll just store it in my garage until you get your own place?

Well, I can probably store a lot of it myself too, so I'd probably just try to store as much of it as I could when I bought it. Just let me know when you know what the situation is/what you don't have room for, and I'll try to take of it off your hands.
(This whole situation may force me to upgrade our relationship from "intense hatred" to "mild contempt.")

THANKS! :D
I know for sure I have a desk for sale.. you mentioned the other day you were looking for one. It is a black oak computer armoire.

maahs07

New

Post by maahs07 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:11 am

Country dancing really doesn't do it for me...Not a big fan of the cowboy/redneck scene (although I can be found with a Natty Light quite often :oops: ).

But I do have a legit Dougie that I'll bust out from time to time. Maybe move it like Bernie if you're lucky.

smiller1

New

Post by smiller1 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:39 am

I know for sure I have a desk for sale.. you mentioned the other day you were looking for one. It is a black oak computer armoire.

Oooh, sounds luxurious!

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:00 am

@ Ty - I need a ton of stuff too if Sam doesn't want some of it. Need to furnish my living room, office, and patio.

Which reminds me, I need to get a kickass grill for big bbq parties.

@sam - losing appendages may help your stripping career. Niche fetish strippers make significantly more than just plain unattractive ones....

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:04 am

Stupid bb... Missed a page.

@maahs - come with us one time... I can guarantee you'll change your mind. Get silly drunk and country stumble with an innocently smokin hot country girl and you'll never go back.

Although, I'd also like to see the dougie.

Despite the negative imagery from jersey shore, I'm a big fan of the house/dubstep/trance scene. Anyone down for a maybe once-per-semester chicago trip? Hit the outlet mall and some actual dance clubs?

maahs07

New

Post by maahs07 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:15 am

chrisbru wrote:Stupid bb... Missed a page.

@maahs - come with us one time... I can guarantee you'll change your mind. Get silly drunk and country stumble with an innocently smokin hot country girl and you'll never go back.

Although, I'd also like to see the dougie.

Despite the negative imagery from jersey shore, I'm a big fan of the house/dubstep/trance scene. Anyone down for a maybe once-per-semester chicago trip? Hit the outlet mall and some actual dance clubs?
In time, the dougie always comes out.

+1 for Chicago...throw a Wrigley and Wrigleyville stop on there..boom.

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:46 am

maahs07 wrote: In time, the dougie always comes out.

+1 for Chicago...throw a Wrigley and Wrigleyville stop on there..boom.
Yes, I'd love to go to a Cubs game this fall. I haven't been to one in years!

Girving143

New

Post by Girving143 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:56 pm

@bbermud I'm traveling to Hong Kong and Guangzhou for the next two months...pretty much a hop skip and jump from the rest of SE Asia. If you feel the sudden desire to cross the border into China and rage in Macau hit me up on TLS (that's assuming TLS isn't censored in China)

P.S. I also found a place on Melrose .3 miles to the law building. #winning

-GI

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:22 pm

In a rare stroke of brilliance, I just remembered that my band from college had a big dodge b250 cargo van that we never sold. I'm going to bring that, and we can use it for tailgating.

Does anyone have a generator? We also still have our bumpin soundsystem. It can fill a 500 person capacity room with full band sound, and could probably do a 1000 capacity venue for mp3's and such. Subs included to make it thump. 1L's bringing the party!

smiller1

New

Post by smiller1 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:41 pm

In a rare stroke of brilliance, I just remembered that my band from college had a big dodge b250 cargo van that we never sold. I'm going to bring that, and we can use it for tailgating.
Genius.

maahs07

New

Post by maahs07 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:10 pm

chrisbru wrote:In a rare stroke of brilliance, I just remembered that my band from college had a big dodge b250 cargo van that we never sold. I'm going to bring that, and we can use it for tailgating.

Does anyone have a generator? We also still have our bumpin soundsystem. It can fill a 500 person capacity room with full band sound, and could probably do a 1000 capacity venue for mp3's and such. Subs included to make it thump. 1L's bringing the party!
Niiiice. And it could double as a perfect creeper van for the rest of the semester #biwinning

My 'rents have a genny they use for camping. I'll see if I can hijack it for FB season.

bbermud

Bronze

Post by bbermud » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:53 pm

Girving143 wrote:@bbermud I'm traveling to Hong Kong and Guangzhou for the next two months...pretty much a hop skip and jump from the rest of SE Asia. If you feel the sudden desire to cross the border into China and rage in Macau hit me up on TLS (that's assuming TLS isn't censored in China)

P.S. I also found a place on Melrose .3 miles to the law building. #winning

-GI

likewise. btw, not to sound stalkerish but what apt. complex are you in on melrose? we might be neighbors!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:01 pm

Its a total creeper van. Just need a shotty self-done tint job and "free candy" spray painted on the side and we're set.

That would be awesome if you could borrow it for fb season. I see a kickass tailgate party in the making here...

... Anyone have a good tailgating grill?

We need to get ladder golf and a portable beer pong table.

Girving143

New

Post by Girving143 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:14 pm

portable beer pong table = unhinged door and two trash cans... at least that's how it's done where I come from.

-GI

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:08 pm

Girving143 wrote:portable beer pong table = unhinged door and two trash cans... at least that's how it's done where I come from.

-GI

That's good enough for me... As long as y'all don't steal my door for it.

klm4634

New

Post by klm4634 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:05 pm

chrisbru wrote: ... Anyone have a good tailgating grill?

I have a ladder golf game, as well as a portable grill that I can contribute!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:28 pm

klm4634 wrote:
chrisbru wrote: ... Anyone have a good tailgating grill?

You. I like you.

smiller1

New

Post by smiller1 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:37 pm

klm4634 wrote:
chrisbru wrote:

You. I like you.
Uh oh. If Chris tells you he likes you, that's a red flag that it's time to keep your hand over your drink for the rest of the night. (Rhymes with schmoofies...)

bbermud

Bronze

Post by bbermud » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:40 pm

smiller1 wrote:
klm4634 wrote:
chrisbru wrote:

You. I like you.
Uh oh. If Chris tells you he likes you, that's a red flag that it's time to keep your hand over your drink for the rest of the night. (Rhymes with schmoofies...)

If I look you up on the Iowa sex offender registry, Chris? Am I going to find your name?

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:36 pm

Not yet...

... But in all honesty, peeing in public is my only risk :D

I typically go for older girls... If you're not 25 or older, you're probably safe. Probably.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bbermud

Bronze

Post by bbermud » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:39 pm

chrisbru wrote:Not yet...

... But in all honesty, peeing in public is my only risk :D

I typically go for older girls... If you're not 25 or older, you're probably safe. Probably.
....says the guy with the girlfriend.

klm4634

New

Post by klm4634 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:56 pm

I'm just going to go ahead and take being liked as a compliment, all creepy sex offender comments aside. :-D

As a side note, anyone want to road trip it for the Iowa/Iowa State game perhaps? Even if tickets can't happen, that's a game that you HAVE to tailgate for. And we'll need a weekend away anyway, right?

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:28 am

I heard Chris is in to older guys too... just something I heard. *whistles*

Sam, my movers still haven't shown up so... we might just crash at your parent's place tomorrow. Make sure mom and dad get the cot and spiderman pillow cases out for me.

hawkeye22

Bronze

Post by hawkeye22 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:32 pm

I have a heap of supplements from my 1L year that I'm willing to sell cheaply. If any 1Ls in town are interested, drop me a line.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”