UC Davis 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
young

Re: UC Davis 2011

Postby young » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:51 pm

lemonie wrote:
young wrote:Really frustrating. I've been "Evaluation in Progress" since roughly 2 months ago. I don't understand what's taking them so long to evaluate my application, because if they were to reject me, they could simply have rejected me long ago. Or they could at least have put on on the WL so that I'd have some "temporary closure", oxymoron whatnot. What's going on? Anyone else out there been in evaluation since mid-Feb?

You're lucky that you're actually IN evaluation....I went complete in 1/14 and am STILL AWAITING evaluation. They claim that the apps are looked in "random" order but I completely disagree--I'm sure bunch of adcomm ppl are sittin there, going through the ones that have strong #s first, and letting those median ppl wait until...whenever they feel like it. The fact that it's taking such a long time for them to reach a decision is definitely not any indication that they're going to WL- :x I've been given false hope that same way, and had closure, with dings from other UC schools. I used to reason the same way, that if they were going to reject me, they would've done so already...why such a wait?? But it's a cruel game they play, because they can.... :evil:

I've made the decision to NOT check my status checker like a maniac and just wait until the end of this month-- If there's any movement, I'll find out through here~ :wink:

Yea, amen to your last note. I'm tired of thinking about Davis day and night, and watching the clock 'til 6pm. I think I'll resolve to do the same and start living my life again, at least until end of April.

equinebeing

Postby equinebeing » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:17 am

young wrote:
lemonie wrote:
young wrote:Really frustrating. I've been "Evaluation in Progress" since roughly 2 months ago. I don't understand what's taking them so long to evaluate my application, because if they were to reject me, they could simply have rejected me long ago. Or they could at least have put on on the WL so that I'd have some "temporary closure", oxymoron whatnot. What's going on? Anyone else out there been in evaluation since mid-Feb?

You're lucky that you're actually IN evaluation....I went complete in 1/14 and am STILL AWAITING evaluation. They claim that the apps are looked in "random" order but I completely disagree--I'm sure bunch of adcomm ppl are sittin there, going through the ones that have strong #s first, and letting those median ppl wait until...whenever they feel like it. The fact that it's taking such a long time for them to reach a decision is definitely not any indication that they're going to WL- :x I've been given false hope that same way, and had closure, with dings from other UC schools. I used to reason the same way, that if they were going to reject me, they would've done so already...why such a wait?? But it's a cruel game they play, because they can.... :evil:

I've made the decision to NOT check my status checker like a maniac and just wait until the end of this month-- If there's any movement, I'll find out through here~ :wink:

Yea, amen to your last note. I'm tired of thinking about Davis day and night, and watching the clock 'til 6pm. I think I'll resolve to do the same and start living my life again, at least until end of April.

I was going to agree with you, but then I remembered that I had not checked today after 6. So I checked.

Still awaiting evaluation. >:-|

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:21 am

withdrawing tomorrow.

good luck to everyone waiting and to everyone on the waitlist!

picklebarrel

Postby picklebarrel » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:11 am

When is the first seat deposit due? I checked through this thread and saw April 15 somewhere. Is that right?

Metaread

Postby Metaread » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:25 am

About to withdraw. Did you other people who withdrew send letters to the school notifying them, or does not paying the deposit suffice?

kswiss1114

Postby kswiss1114 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:45 am

I've generally just emailed a quick statement (for my own records) saying to the school: I am writing to inform you that I will not be attending X school in the fall. Thank you for your time and consideration of my application - name.

A lot of times they send you a generic email back so you know they know too. It's good for your records and less awkward than a phone call. I also like to think that people like me waiting on schools like Davis, exist at all the other schools too, so its better to withdraw than wait for the deadline because maybe one of the people waiting hears back sooner and the agony ends.

Still waiting on a decision from Davis even though I deposited yesterday elsewhere. I'm angry with them but will most likely forgive them entirely and forget everything if they accept me.

lemonie

Postby lemonie » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:26 pm

equinebeing wrote:
young wrote:
lemonie wrote:

I was going to agree with you, but then I remembered that I had not checked today after 6. So I checked.

Still awaiting evaluation. >:-|

Davis... PLEASE... put an end to this madness. We are all going to get diagnosed with borderline, or full-on OCD by the time school starts!!!

rubbersoul89

Postby rubbersoul89 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:29 pm

picklebarrel wrote:When is the first seat deposit due? I checked through this thread and saw April 15 somewhere. Is that right?

That's right. The first deposit ($250) is due by this Friday.

picklebarrel

Postby picklebarrel » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:56 pm

rubbersoul89 wrote:
picklebarrel wrote:When is the first seat deposit due? I checked through this thread and saw April 15 somewhere. Is that right?

damn, I guess that's not good news for those of us still waiting..

calgirl27

Postby calgirl27 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:52 pm

ahh im STILL evaluation in progress!!!! is there still hope for an acceptance even though the deposit is due tomorrow?! my status has been this for months now! :(

mistermister

Postby mistermister » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:12 pm

picklebarrel wrote:
rubbersoul89 wrote:

damn, I guess that's not good news for those of us still waiting..

it actually says April 15 or three weeks after date of acceptance, so I don't think all hope to lost!

Postby 80884 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:23 am

What's the highest merit/need based scholarship you guys have been offered by UC Davis this cycle?

Irrelephant

Postby Irrelephant » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:39 pm

applied 12/16/10

went under review 2-3 weeks ago.

Seat deposit is due today. Is everyone else bummed on wasting their money applying to Davis? We should have been notified of a decision by 4/1/11 at the latest.

I'm no auto-admit but I gave them $75 to review my application in a timely fashion. Implied contract = breached.
This is absurd.

singingkris

Postby singingkris » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:33 pm

Irrelephant wrote:applied 12/16/10

went under review 2-3 weeks ago.

Seat deposit is due today. Is everyone else bummed on wasting their money applying to Davis? We should have been notified of a decision by 4/1/11 at the latest.

I'm no auto-admit but I gave them $75 to review my application in a timely fashion. Implied contract = breached.
This is absurd.

+1

I was a little irked and was tempted to write a complaint. I figured what's the point? They sure didn't have any problems collecting my $$.

ps. I applied 12/21 and I have yet to make it to the Evaluation process. I am still currently "awaiting evaluation."

crossingforHYS

Postby crossingforHYS » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:49 pm

80884 wrote:What's the highest merit/need based scholarship you guys have been offered by UC Davis this cycle?

I got 10,000 merit and 25,000 grant

chocoholic

Postby chocoholic » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:58 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:
80884 wrote:What's the highest merit/need based scholarship you guys have been offered by UC Davis this cycle?

I got 10,000 merit and 25,000 grant

$10,000 per year or total? Has anyone tried negotiating a scholarship w/them?

jwjbaek

Postby jwjbaek » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:09 pm

Current Status: Application File Complete - Awaiting Evaluation :evil:

lemonie

Postby lemonie » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:27 pm

jwjbaek wrote:Current Status: Application File Complete - Awaiting Evaluation :evil:

welcome to the "File Complete in January or Earlier and STILL Awaiting Evaluation" club.

rebelx13

Postby rebelx13 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:27 pm

i like how the tls-effect brought down davis' site lol

kswiss1114

Postby kswiss1114 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:03 pm

Lolz, Davis' status checker is a case study of ineptitude

Today mine reads: Last updated 12/22/10

And it will not take my username/password.

Winning.

singingkris

Postby singingkris » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:04 pm

kswiss1114 wrote:Lolz, Davis' status checker is a case study of ineptitude

Winning.

+1

lsatextreme

Postby lsatextreme » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:06 pm

lemonie wrote:
jwjbaek wrote:Current Status: Application File Complete - Awaiting Evaluation :evil:

welcome to the "File Complete in January or Earlier and STILL Awaiting Evaluation" club.

+1

tropicalpeach

Postby tropicalpeach » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:10 pm

Ugh. Status checker isn't working. Even though I applied almost 5 months ago, I'm probably STILL awaiting review.

Bearlegdairy

Postby Bearlegdairy » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:16 pm

Winning.

That happens every day at 6 before it's updated.

berkeleyman

Postby berkeleyman » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:19 pm

Bearlegdairy wrote:

Winning.

That happens every day at 6 before it's updated.

yeah but today its stuck :/ I think this happened back in February, and they got it back up and running by about 9 PM, if memory serves

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”